[Bug] Bovine Defense Force Initiative

+
[Bug] Bovine Defense Force Initiative

I'm not sure if this is intended but the lvl 27 Chort that comes to defend the cows don't stop spawning.

The result is basically this http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...632/87A25C5AD69E51250B9B9F1FE7389BD7124C380F/

And if this is intended, my feedback then:
Make it spawn once and raise its level to 48 like the Archgriffin.
(Though I'd like it as boss fight, special buffed lvl 48 Chort with some unpredictable pattern to make the players jaw drop haha)

Graill

Forum regular
Couple of bugs, one being a comical Chort

Decided to try the cow killing and see what all the hubbub was about as i had never done anything like it. So i kill 4 cows and the chort spawns, cool I thought, so I killed it....then another spawned, killed it....and another spawned, they spawn endlessly. You can leave the area and come back, it will be there and kill it even after prolonged time and the thing will continue to respawn endlessly....MORE GOLD and big exp!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Plus it kills a few villagers.

i reloaded my save before i began killing cows. Chort gives really great exp at level 22. might want to fix that endless spawn thing.

Just an fyi RED. A better solution is to make a flying mob spawn that is un-killable and fly Geralt up very high and drop him in the middle of the cows, now that's funny.

Next bug has to do with runes/enchants. Though some state lesser, they are the mid level rune and are messing up crafting, this needs fixed. not sure if this is with newer drops but i have a ton in my inventory, all say lesser though many are midlevel and wont blend to create greaters.

---------- Updated at 12:39 PM ----------

Mod, this was posted in the tech PC section originally, why was it moved? Needs to be moved back to tech PC.

Last edited:

Graill

Forum regular
Bovine cohort infnite bug

My original post was moved from PC tech to frikken console for some reason.

The chort will respawn infinitely as pointed out in my original thread.

I too had an issue with the Chort but mine is in the Mysterious Tracks contract. After picking up the item needed it doesn't allow me to make the lure in my alchemy section, the places pop up to drop the lure but i can not make the lure. Anyone else have this issue?

BUG: Cow Defence System and Monster Nests

With the new Cow Defence System, the chort can be farmed for mutagens and monster items, better remove the chort and make the cows drop no loot.
Monster nests: If you let 1 item inside the nest and turn around like 3-5 yards and come back to nest, all items respawned in the nest and can be looted again (can be looted infinite times as long as you let 1 item inside the nest).

Your Cow Chort monster may be funny to you, but it broke my game

Good morning all,

I do not look at boards, nor usually exploit a game, even if I find any. I do not like reading boards for spoilers and like to run multiple playtrough, and reading boards usually detract from that exprience. I finished Witcher 3 on hard, and then just started a new one on the worst difficullty.
I had not killed any widlife in the previous playthrough, and then this one, killed the cows near the inn, to see what they would drop.
Did some quests, came back - they were still there? So I killed them again, and thought nothing about it. Went to finish all the quests around, and am going back to the inn to get Vesemir to kill the griffon.
Thing is, Vesmir is outside, and as soon as I show up, he aggroes the Cow monster mob, the Chort... Game broken.

Now money is stupidly easy to come by in this game, I finished with 27k the last playtrough and never bought anything. So while you think you are funny fixing something that has really no bearing on the game anyways, you just broke my next playtrough, and the motivation to play it again. Killing 2 cows twice should not be a reason to have your game broken.

So please take away the mob, who cares about people killing cows. Your whole economy thing is useless anyways? There was never a moment where something I could buy was better than something crafted? And crafted is free?

Of course, an apology would be appreciated, but I doubt I'll get that...

Thanks

Marc

I too had an issue with the Chort but mine is in the Mysterious Tracks contract. After picking up the item needed it doesn't allow me to make the lure in my alchemy section, the places pop up to drop the lure but i can not make the lure. Anyone else have this issue?

I have the same issue.

White Orchard: Unending Chort Spawn Bug

This to me I feel is extremely low priority for bugs which need to be fixed, but I'm just pointing it out as it exists.

Having finished the game in a somewhat completist manner (save for a couple or so well-known existing quest bugs and some Skellige caches), I thought I'd head on down to White Orchard to try and at least experience once what the cow-killing defender was about at the village near Woesong Bridge fast travel point.

As I understand it killing cows, meditating, repeating this cycle about 3-4 times a Chort Defender spawns. It's a level 27 and I'm 34, so there's not a problem taking it down. I thought it was over.

Rather hilariously, after killing one, another always spawns almost immediately from the southern pathway connected to Woesong Bridge. Some of these that spawn seem to be rather unintelligent (just circling around me on the cow farm and are able to be hit and killed), while others that spawn do perform their attacking moves. It doesn't matter how many I kill (probably about 20 now), they just keep spawning one after the other dies from the same scripted spawn point. Going further away and meditating doesn't make them disappear. I've yet to try fast travelling out of White Orchard and back.

Now I feel bad that this village will live in perpetual fear of this monster. Is this supposed to happen?

- Playing on PC (OS: Windows 7, 64Bit)
- Game launched via GOG Galaxy
- Patch 1.07 (Cleanly re-installed just hours ago)
- All DLCs 1 to 15 installed

This to me I feel is extremely low priority for bugs which need to be fixed, but I'm just pointing it out as it exists.

Having finished the game in a somewhat completist manner (save for a couple or so well-known existing quest bugs and some Skellige caches), I thought I'd head on down to White Orchard to try and at least experience once what the cow-killing defender was about at the village near Woesong Bridge fast travel point.

As I understand it killing cows, meditating, repeating this cycle about 3-4 times a Chort Defender spawns. It's a level 27 and I'm 34, so there's not a problem taking it down. I thought it was over.

Rather hilariously, after killing one, another always spawns almost immediately from the southern pathway connected to Woesong Bridge. Some of these that spawn seem to be rather unintelligent (just circling around me on the cow farm and are able to be hit and killed), while others that spawn do perform their attacking moves. It doesn't matter how many I kill (probably about 20 now), they just keep spawning one after the other dies from the same scripted spawn point. Going further away and meditating doesn't make them disappear. I've yet to try fast travelling out of White Orchard and back.

Now I feel bad that this village will live in perpetual fear of this monster. Is this supposed to happen?

- Playing on PC (OS: Windows 7, 64Bit)
- Game launched via GOG Galaxy
- Patch 1.07 (Cleanly re-installed just hours ago)
- All DLCs 1 to 15 installed

Hi there glad to know that someone else have the same problem. Now the most annoying thing is that I can't progress further into the game as Vesemir instead of waiting for me outside the Inn, he is busy attacking the Chort! I try to get rid of the Chort by sacrificing myself but when I load back the game, the Chort still there. When slain it, another appear taking it place. I had to restart a new game! what a waste of time because farming a few cows for meat!

Top Bottom