What changes in Enhanced Edition?

+
What changes in Enhanced Edition?

What should we expect in Witcher 3 EE? From what I know The Witcher 1 EE changed a lot of stuff, but I don't know exactly what as I only bought the Enhanced Edition. In Witcher 2 I bought the game when it was released but did not finish it because I was younger and I liked more action than RPG games back then. And when I finally got to play it, I played the EE so again I cannot know what changed. Would anyone mind telling me? I would really like more difficulties, better post-credits gameplay, bug fixes. which are obvious, and maybe fixed Act 3? I guess changing the story wouldn't happen, but I'd really like if the game had a different ending and more character development for a few characters
for example Avalac'h(is he really doing everything for Ciri just like that?) and the Wild Hunt (who are shown up as totally black unlike the other grey characters)
Would that be possible in the EE, based on previous games' enhanced editions?

Last edited:
IDK I would not even suspect they would make one really. What is the point? The first two were built on unfinished engines. if anything we should get patches for things at this point that fix or improve anything of concern.

The enhanced edition in one basically made it playable lol. The second enhanced edition did a lot to graphics and many other things like the first one.

We have several threads already regarding the enhanced edition some of which REDs commented on.

There is no guarantee that we will get an enhanced edition of W3 especially as we are getting 2 paid expansions which was something that we didn't have for the games.

There is no guarantee that we will get an enhanced edition of W3 especially as we are getting 2 paid expansions which was something that we didn't have for the games.

If they're smart they're gonna release an Enhanced Edition after they finish the expansions, which will include all of the patches and DLCs, not the expansions and some extra stuff like Iorveth, Saskia and Siegfried.

If they cater to my whims they're gonna release an Enhanced Edition after they finish the expansions, which will include all of the patches and DLCs, not the expansions and some extra stuff like Iorveth, Saskia and Siegfried.

FTFY. There's a difference between being critical and providing valuable feedback, and being whimsical. CDPR just made a GOTY candidate and one of the best RPGs ever made, I really don't think they need you telling them "how to be smart". They're releasing free additional content every week (there are very few indie companies that release additional content for free, forget about big boys), so I really don't think anyone can complain about that. Moreover you have no idea if the characters you mentioned won't be present in upcoming expansions.
Anyway, I don't remember many games that were as polished as W3 at the day of release (and certainly none of the games this big). Yes, they are releasing patches because there are some people with issues here and there, and there are some bugs that should/could be fixed, but the need for EE is minimal. This is not an unfinished game, and it doesn't need a sales boost from EE.

Last edited:

Mohasz

Forum veteran
There won't be an EE. There will be a GOTY edition of some sort, for sure, with both expansions included sometime in 2016, but it won't be free and it will also have more additional content. General improvements should come via patches and mods once the REDkit is available (probably mid 2016, 2015 fall at earliest).

They should ditch all those marketing mumbo jumbo that plagued a lot of games, abc hero edition, abc champion edition, abc enhanced edition, abc legendary edition, abc blablabla edition, it's confusing and discriminating.

A game will likely be most expensive at launch, later it will most likely get better with patch and all, and cheaper but with more additions. Then ppl will have to buy this thing or that thing to make their first purchase equal to the latest most complete edition. I hate that kind of crap. Make it simpler like if all games are v1.0 at launch, then just simply add what version are they now for example The Witcher 3 v5 , we'll all understand that, whoa now the game has reached v5 from 1.0 , must have underwent heavy improvements. Ppl get the same thing, happy and less confused. Noone wants less, worse, and crippled version of their game.

CDPR have apparently claimed to not have any plans for an EE.

It's necessary, because of the rushed ending, the Eredin characterization, and the C&C system. Only few choices have some impact, the rest of them...really don't matter anything. Expecially the imported save.

Or

The Battle of Kaer Morhen. It doesn't matter if you bring allies or not, the battle is the same.

Will there even be an EE? Didn't they say they are not sure yet?

Also that is a long time from now. We got the expansions, patches and RedKid before any thought of an EE comes around....

Top Bottom