+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the problem was ever that you were sleeping with Triss anyway, but that you fell in love with Triss, and that would continue to be the problem as you went forward in the game; both of the woman want themselves to be the *one* you love, they both pretty much accept that Geralt sleeps with other women on the side but love is another matter altogether.

I feel weird about saying it but, far from the "huh, huh, huh, Geralt has two girls" I really think a polyamoury thing would have worked for the book Triss/Geralt/Yennefer.

The games have really tossed out the fact Triss and Yennefer's "friendship" wasn't that they were BFFs but lovers.

The heteronormalizing of a pretty daring portrayal in the books is kind of annoying.

But I suppose they had to make it more generic for the MASSES.

Wait what? Triss and Yen were lovers?

Wait what? Triss and Yen were lovers?

Yeah, it was heavily implied. I'm looking through the books for a specific spot but their bisexuality was always pretty clear.

Blood of Elves

There were far less troublesome ways of calming her nerves – ones with the additional advantages of not staining her towels with blood, not passing wind under the quilt and not demanding breakfast. That was followed by a short-lived and entertaining fascination with the same sex, which ended in the conclusion that soiling towels, passing wind and greediness were by no means exclusively male attributes. Finally, like all but a few magicians, Triss moved to affairs with other wizards, which proved sporadic and frustrating in their cold, technical and almost ritual course.

No, Triss had not desired to take him away from Yennefer. As a matter of fact, her friend was more important to her than he was. But her brief relationship with the witcher had not disappointed. She had found what she was looking for – emotions in the form of guilt, anxiety and pain. His pain. She had experienced his emotions, it had excited her and, when they parted, she had been unable to forget it. And she had only recently understood what pain is. The moment when she had overwhelmingly wanted to be with him again. For a short while – just for a moment – to be with him.

Yeah, it was heavily implied. I'm looking through the books for a specific spot but their bisexuality was always pretty clear.

Blood of Elves

Didn't realize Triss (or Yen for that matter) went both ways. Don't think that comes across at all in the games.

Damn, Triss is Bi? That might make the decision easier for me! LOL. Just kidding.
I played all the games, but I only read the Last Wish, so it's a tough choice for me. I haven't done the Triss quests in Novigrad or the first Skellige quest in TW3 on purpose. I'm avoiding the decision for as long as possible, but I'm running out of quests to do. Haha! Also, I'm waiting the patch to fix the glitch in the romance dialogue choice in Triss' quest where you get "locked in."

But you, as the player, should pick who you want. It's your game, your Geralt. Don't worry about "canon" or books vs. games. That will drive you nuts, as it does me. I must admit though, the flame wars are quite amusing between the 2 camps. I'm here on the sideline enjoying it very much.

It was never mentioned in the books,that Yen had any interest in women.

I searched the texts this afternoon and found the same thing. Triss dabbled, but no indication of anything with Yennefer. Yennefer, no indication of experimenting with women whatsoever.

Last edited:
Hmm... It's a strange poll really. You can like how Yen's body and face look like but she expresses all the classical features of a psychopath (both in books and in the game). So, unless you're a masochist, in real life you will deeply regret ever choosing Yen. Triss is a better person than Yen in all aspects, except, may be, looks for some people, period.
Triss is not quite a character I'd personally choose with to live forever after (in real life) just because she's way too childish for grown up woman (she should be around 40 years old by the Witcher universe lore). Unfortunately, in the game we have no other alternative(s) for a semi-permanent relations.

Hmm... It's a strange poll really. You can like how Yen's body and face look like but she expresses all the classical features of a psychopath (both in books and in the game). So, unless you're a masochist, in real life you will deeply regret ever choosing Yen. Triss is a better person than Yen in all aspects, except, may be, looks for some people, period.
Triss is not quite a character I'd personally choose with to live forever after (in real life) just because she's way too childish for grown up woman (she should be around 40 years old by the Witcher universe lore). Unfortunately, in the game we have no other alternative(s) for a semi-permanent relations.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Fringilla is a love interest option in a DLC.

I think you need to re-read this thread as well as this one here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40716-Yennefer-of-Vengerberg-(all-spoilers)

Personally I simply can't stand Yen, and my dislike increases every time she opens her mouth and speaks! :p But when I got to the Last Wish quest I was kind of touched by her resolve and effort to settle the matter (are she and Geralt really in love or just hopelessly bound by magic) once and for all and, for a weak moment on my part, I let Geralt say he loved her.

Also, the way I see it, Geralt's the type of guy who doesn't have the heart to hurt anyone in love affairs (while being very likely to end up hurting everyone involved), so from a RP viewpoint I guess it makes sense too (to me at least) - even though the decision really pained me :D After all, no matter what others (his friends or us players) may think, to Geralt Yen is his first - and supposedly true - love, although I find it seriously masochistic to be, and stayed, attracted to such an unlikable person...

Last edited:
I think you need to stop thinking what other people need to do. I'm quite familiar with all the nuances of the witcher universe and also familiar with human psychology. So, your patronizing comment is the most inappropriate one. If you have to say something constructive then do it.

I dont see you giving anything "constructive".

I pointed you to a thread filled with explanations. Far better than any I could conjure less I was drunk as all hell. I cant obviously MAKE yo read it.

Also... no it was not patronizing...

I'm definitely not interested to argue with you about what is constructive and what is patronizing. If you didn't understand something or object something in my post then ask or point out, otherwise let's stop this pointless conversation.

I'm definitely not interested to argue with you about what is constructive and what is patronizing. If you didn't understand something or object something in my post then ask or point out, otherwise let's stop this pointless conversation.

I object. Everything you said about her is wrong, and you were presented with a source where you could go correct your analysis with some much needed perspective.

I object. Everything you said about her is wrong, and you were presented with a source where you could go correct your analysis with some much needed
Objection denied. I was presented with a thread where Yen's fanboys and fangirls share their fantasies. So what does it prove? Only that some people believe in what they want to believe and imagine themselves.

Where exactly I was wrong? That Yen is a psychopath? She is, without a doubt. I know psychology and I've communicated with real psychopaths in real life. Yen is a typical case. I hope you'll never get stuck with real psychopath in your life but if you will you'll understand why I said that. My condolences in advance.

I have no idea why Sapkowski decided to make Yen that way but we have what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom