Angry Joe Review (Spoilers in video)

+
I don't want to defend AJ, but i want to remember to someone that his channel is called Angry Joe Show, and not Angry Joe Reviews: don't consider his review as the Bible word, since he's not a professional reviewer, but only a guy that tries to be funny and give an opinion about some games.
BTW, 95% of time his reviews are more honest and enjoiable than the ones from "prufeshional" reviewers.
And his "Rambo" and "Ride to Hell" reviews are totally masterpieces:D.

This thread needs a Spoiler warning on it, the review does reveal some stuff that happens later in the game; particularly some really great scenes that are best if you come upon them with no prior knowledge.

There is a spoiler warning along with a strong language warning above the video.

Watched it and love his review. He definitely likes every great RPG games (look at DA:I, Skyrim, Guild Wars 2, etc.)

I can agree that some of his antic actings in this video are a bit cringy but at the same time it shows his utmost dedication towards his work and the game. Treat him more like an entertainer than a reviewer then everything will be fine. :D

I stopped watching Angry Joe's reviews when he sold out and started taking cash from developers to promote their games. Does he mention in his review the horrendous controls, dumbed down combat where you just mash the quick attack button to defeat any enemy, etc? Or does he just get on his knees and suck it like all the fanboys on this forum do?

Do you mean when he got out by Disney?

Yeah sorry it's been a while, I just remembered he praised the game to heaven.

Of course there are objective reviews for "art". There a several icendents that have to be achieved, like emotional attachment to the characters, a story line that come to a head on very dramatic and emotional events and so on, while Witcher 3 feels like work, it's exhausting to search for Ciri, just asking around for her and do those ones how know about hey favours to gather informations, or the quest where you accompany Ciri through Novigrad for like 30-40 Minutes, to say good bye to old firend who helped her out. It's just plain boring and you're asking yourself the whole time why the heck you even do this, almost the whole Mainstory plays like that, it's not exciting at all.
And there are the bugs, it's not my opinion that the inventory is quit messy when first playing the game (one get used to it though), it's not my opinion that there are crashes, glitches, exploits bad design decisions like putty candles everywhere you can loot and interact with stuff, or that your hose is doing a fullstop every few meters in specific areas.
All these things can be rated and finally judged. And Witcher 3 did a lot of mistakes. It's still a freaking good game and I'm enjoying it a lot. But it's simply not a 10/10

the only Objective review out there is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMU1_-_4WKg

and Jim Sterling nails it... (like he always does)

Angry Joe can be annoying at times, but I agree with all the points made in the video. The game is great, the best I have played, but not perfect. There's always room to improve. I can't wait to see what the expansions will be like.

He's an annoying creature. I can't stand him and I'm quite open minded.

I like your avatar. Rodney Dangerfield was great.

Even though he could have put it in another way, he's right. Angry Joe used to make pretty awesome reviews - but since a couple of months he glorifys games that aren't SO good. DA: Inquisition was a 10/10 for him for example, and that was a medicoregame at best. Same as Witcher 3. It's an awesome game, but it's not "legandary", not a "masterpiece", for it has to many flaws, especially the weak and rushed story, that has little replayabillity

I watched Angry Joe's DAI review. In that particular case he gave it a 9/10 score cause he also compared it to the prior series which was Dragon Age 2. The latter did not sell well which is why Bioware cancelled the scheduled expansion packs. DAI improved upon the the big issues with DA2 (can't equip gear on followers, the small locale as almost everything evolved around the keep, alongside the duplication of zones/maps). While DAI has faults (no game will ever be perfect), they improved upon the prior issues many players noted in regards to DA2 ... thus was an improvement so the 9 of 10 score was warranted.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragon-age-ii-exalted-march-expansion-canceled/1100-6367086/

Very good and entertaining review...as usual, I like AJ's reviews in general. I agree with his score, although it's not perfect (no game is) and yes, the game has some flaws, but the overall package is a 10/10 imo.

There are people here saying AJ takes money for theirs reviews. I don't agree with all its reviews but accuse him of been dishonest is a little too much.

This is the same guy who asked uncomfortable questions to Major Nelson in the XBox one presentation. No one else did it. In my book, this guy has proven to be pro-consumer.

View attachment 16419

Attachments

• SWjwoqD.jpg
    SWjwoqD.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
The upbeat version of "...Steel for Humans" used in his review (at 19:15 ~) just rocks. :D Has anbody an idea where go get it?

i agree with joe on games most of the times and i like his reviews.
i own both DAI and TW3 played both. my opinion is that geralt should name his horse inquisitor.TW3 is the game not of the year to me but the game of the years.plus cdpr is more gamers friendly (lets say that)than the other companies.:thinking:

Top Bottom