• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not only a Triss mess.
There is the lack of consequences from TW2, the lack of internal consequences (Brothers in Arm is...useless, for example) and the rushed third act.

The "Triss issue", at this point, is secondary.

Good point but i have to say the Triss issue fits right into all of the issues you listed. In my book they are all primary concerns that need to be address.

I don't know about others but I tried playing the game again but could not bring myself to do it. It seem so incomplete unlike the previous games.

There is the lack of consequences from TW2, the lack of internal consequences (Brothers in Arm is...useless, for example) and the rushed third act.

I still want explanation why geralt and triss act like they broke up SINCE i went on nilfgaardian camp and saved her in W2. Maybe that situation could be a result IF you chose to help Roche/ Iorveth. That could make sense since you put friend over her

I still want explanation why geralt and triss act like they broke up SINCE i went on nilfgaardian camp and saved her in W2. Maybe that situation could be a result IF you chose to help Roche/ Iorveth. That could make sense since you put friend over her

Exactly.
Geralt left Loc Muinne with Triss, because Triss wanted to help him to find Yennefer, her best friend.
And in TW3 she is in Novigrad for reasons and pissed off with you for...reasons.

On the previous Triss thread that lead to the creation of this one(there is a link in the OP), one of the Reds responded that he is reading and relaying info but that he can't promise anything in particular. The way I see it, it is too early for us to expect an answer, they are still busy with other stuff, like fixing bugs and further optimizing the game. I believe someone has noticed this thread and the best thing for now is to keep our hopes up and wait. The more people come to this thread and express their opinions the better, It is clear that for a lot of us this is an important issue and hopefully we will eventually hear a more detailed opinion from someone from CDPR.

Because Yen needed a "clean" Start with a single Geralt. They dont wanted the Redhead to stand between them ( or between Yen and the Player).

Good point but i have to say the Triss issue fits right into all of the issues you listed.

I think so. I think the Triss issue is a small part of a bigger problem.

I don't know about others but I tried playing the game again but could not bring myself to do it. It seem so incomplete unlike the previous games.

I have the same feeling. I have this bitter taste in my mouth....because of all the rushed stuff...
I have no interest in the side quests, my main interest is in the main quest....but it has been rushed. And I cannot live with a rushed game.

Problem there, with TW2, even the press was heavily criticizing the lackluster third act, but this time, only people here on the forums are really bringing it up... I hope it will be enough.

Because Yen needed a "clean" Start with a single Geralt. They dont wanted the Redhead to stand between them ( or between Yen and the Player).

the funny thing is when yen read geralt's mind multiple times and she doesnt acknowledge the relationship with triss UNTIL you broke up with her in the last wish

Agree. But about consequences from TW2 we could guess that something is going wrong before Game Premiere. It couldn't go on multi-platform game if the W1 and W2(only on Xbox) didn't have console versions

Why secondary ?

I think so. I think the Triss issue is a small part of a bigger problem.

I have the same feeling. I have this bitter taste in my mouth....because of all the rushed stuff...
I have no interest in the side quests, my main interest is in the main quest....but it has been rushed. And I cannot live with a rushed game.

Same here. Triss was one of the reasons i feel in love with the witcher franchise. I know maybe it's stupid but the feeling you guys mentioned is there

Problem there, with TW2, even the press was heavily criticizing the lackluster third act, but this time, only people here on the forums are really bringing it up... I hope it will be enough.
I don't think the press is being overly critical because they all probably either stuck to the main storyline and romanced yennefer in which case the story works or never actually played all the way through to the end before writing their review.

I keep checking the thread for a Dev response and I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet. This could either be good or very bad.

I'm really praying that Geralt's final moments with Triss in this amazing game series isn't reduced to her character robotically spewing out "well", "well", "well"....... She deserved so much better from her creators.

Last edited:
Morning guys :) In terms of the breaking up of G&T, I reposted my point as follow:

As my role play, Geralt became confused after he restored memory.
I think it should be an evidence that Geralt didn't know who is his true love before complete Triss/Yen's side quest: Geralt said to himself "who exactly is she (Yen) to me?" before attended King Bran's Wake.

Then they separated - Triss returned to her home while Geralt continue his path looking for Yen. And it is the start of TW3.

In terms of the reason they broke up, IMO it is Triss's decision, because she didn't know what was Geralt thinking about. She could not bear Geralt hiding his feeling.
On the lighthouse, there is a dialogue could be triggered "I missed the Geralt never afraid to tell me what he feels, what he wants", which support this view.

That's all we're asking for here. I think our proposed changes (some of them anyways) are reasonable to implement. The perspective doesn't really matter here though. What is a good story with a crappy ending? A short story with a good ending is inherently more satisfying than a long story with a bad one. Like I said, if it weren't the last one, we would be complacent to let it slide. If we don't speak up and say something though we will never get any resolution and this is what we will end up with forever. That's why this thread is here. We want our just deserts.

If you still can't accept where I am coming from then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Don't really know any other way to explain it and I don't just want to keep repeating the same thing.

I would have agreed with you, but I have to revise my opinion on this.

I have finally seen the Triss ending. I don't understand what the fuzz is about. Personally I think the Triss ending is bland and completely out of character for Geralt, but that's just me. It's a good ending for those who love Triss and want to see Geralt settle down with her. Seems the ending gives plenty of closure.

So what's the fuzz about exactly?

Cant touch it right now. I would even pay more attention to the Triss fiasco and it would be worse than the first time. No way to play it in this state.

Not really an explanation, but Sigi tells how it happened if you deny your relationship with during Sigi's Treasure.

My guess:
Frustrated-with-this-whole mess explanation: Because otherwise most people would just stay with Triss the whole game and would find little to no reason to pay attention to the character they were trying to "showcase" aka shove in our face because books, the sadly misunderstood Yennefer, who would be the woman of our dreams, if only we cared enough to read all the books (5% of the playerbase has, and that's a generous number), see how perfect she is for Geralt, (a character who depending on choices can be an asshole or a saint) and other excuses I've seen posted here.

Reasonable explanation: Geralt needed some time alone to sort out his feelings, trying to reconcile his old love for Yen with his current one for Triss.

I don't think the press is being overly critical because they all probably either stuck to the main storyline and romanced yennefer in which case the story works or never actually played all the way through to the end before writing their review.

Possible, still: The critique CDPR got for the final act of TW2 was most likely an important factor for them to readdress it in the Enhanced Edition...

Morning guys In terms of the breaking up of G&T, I reposted my point as follow:

I think it should be an evidence that Geralt didn't know who is his true love before complete Triss/Yen's side quest: Geralt said to himself "who exactly is she (Yen) to me?" before attended King Bran's Wake.
For me It's hour after midnight but Good Morning :D
CDPR could just describe parting with Triss in Characters Description....

Agree. But about consequences from TW2 we could guess that something is going wrong before Game Premiere. It couldn't go on multi-platform game if the W1 and W2(only on Xbox) didn't have console versions

Actually, I think it could...someone who never play the game before could still enjoy the game.
And there is a save simulation on console version, so why to not put some important consequences.
The only consequences is about the
Letho quest related...but then there is another problem....the lack of internal consequences. If you bring Letho or not to Kaer Morhen, nothing change. Letho is just pasted on some cutscenes.

For "secondary" I don't mean that is not important. I mean that is a small part of a bigger problem.

Morning guys :) In terms of the breaking up of G&T, I reposted my point as follow:

Then they separated - Triss returned to her home while Geralt continue his path looking for Yen. And it is the start of TW3.

In terms of the reason they broke up, IMO it is Triss's decision, because she didn't know what was Geralt thinking about. She could not bear Geralt hiding his feeling.
On the lighthouse, there is a dialogue could be triggered "I missed the Geralt never afraid to tell me what he feels, what he wants", which support this view.

Ok make sense. I agree

---------- Updated at 10:59 PM ----------

Cant touch it right now. I would even pay more attention to the Triss fiasco and it would be worse than the first time. No way to play it in this state.

Me too. Glad im not the only one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom