• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning guys :)

As my role play, Geralt became confused after he restored memory.
I think it should be an evidence that Geralt didn't know who is his true love before complete Triss/Yen's side quest: Geralt said to himself "who exactly is she (Yen) to me?" before attended King Bran's Wake.

1:00 AM for me, so good night. :)
Yeah, it is possible, but still....no explanation is provided for that.

Letho quest related...but then there is another problem....the lack of internal consequences. If you bring Letho or not to Kaer Morhen, nothing change. Letho is just pasted on some cutscenes.

Letho is just thrown there like sh*t really (at KM fight i mean). Such a missed opportunity to do great cameos, meaningful cameos

Not gonna happen. As long as the game gives me a choice I'm going to choose whatever I want for my Geralt. The choices you've made are for you and your Geralt alone. If we were meant to follow the books then there would be no need for choices to begin with.

You can say "my Geralt" as much as you want but the fact of the matter is that Geralt isn't your character, never was, never will be.

Just because you can make decisions as Geralt doesn't mean he's your character.

Geralt is Andrzej Sapkowski's character first and CDPR's character second. CDPR allows us to make choices as Geralt, true, but they tried to keep each possible choice true to Sapkowski's character. None of the choices you get to make are really out of character for Geralt. So there is some leeway to roleplay Geralt, but ultimately you're playing as a predefined character that isn't yours.

I think CDPR did a really fantastic job at finding a good balance between staying true to the Geralt from the books and giving us some freedom to roleplay as Geralt and making decisions as him. To say "if we were meant to follow the books then there would be no need for choices to begin with" is just false and doesn't make any sense.

I think we've all had situations in our lives where we had to make difficult decisions and I think we all sometimes second-guess our past decisions. I know I have. Our choices in real-life aren't set in stone and sometimes we can change our minds or see merit in multiple options presented to us. This isn't different for Geralt. It's perfectly possible for CDPR to stay true to Sapkowski's Geralt while also giving us multiple options to choose from and I think they did exactly that.

It's frustrating CDPR made the same mistake with W3 as they did with W2. By that I mean in W2 they shelved Shani for all the players that sided with her in the first game. Now they shafted Triss. It's frustrating for anyone who got invested in the characters from previous games. The same can be said for other supporting characters too. After more than 250 pages in two weeks I would expect someone from CDPR to acknowledge the discussion at the very least.

Morning, (well from here in Australia),well this thread has reached 250 pages, seriously at this rate it is going to pass 1000 pages a month from now, also great discussions going on here, fun to read through. :)

Actually, I think it could...someone who never play the game before could still enjoy the game.
And there is a save simulation on console version, so why to not put some important consequences.
The only consequences is about the
Letho quest related...but then there is another problem....the lack of internal consequences. If you bring Letho or not to Kaer Morhen, nothing change. Letho is just pasted on some cutscenes.

For "secondary" I don't mean that is not important. I mean that is a small part of a bigger problem.
Agree again. Save or Simulation nothing changed in the whole W3 story..... maybe just I got used to the style of BioWare :/

It's frustrating CDPR made the same mistake with W3 as they did with W2. By that I mean in W2 they shelved Shani for all the players that sided with her. Now they shafted Triss. It's frustrating for anyone who got invested in the characters from previous games. The same can be said for other supporting characters too. After more than 250 pages in two weeks I would expect someone from CDPR to acknowledge the discussion at the very least.

Yep Shani got shafted for promoting Triss in the Witcher 2 and now Triss gets forgotten to promote Yen in the Witcher 3, i am start seeing to see a trend here.

It's frustrating CDPR made the same mistake with W3 as they did with W2. By that I mean in W2 they shelved Shani for all the players that sided with her in the first game. Now they shafted Triss. It's frustrating for anyone who got invested in the characters from previous games. The same can be said for other supporting characters too. After more than 250 pages in two weeks I would expect someone from CDPR to acknowledge the discussion at the very least.

To mention all the people including myself that sided with iorveth. But that's off topic so i will not indulge too much on this

I hope they do some iorveth in dlcs

Because Yen needed a "clean" Start with a single Geralt. They dont wanted the Redhead to stand between them ( or between Yen and the Player).

She got her clean start and it was a disaster, the player should have been given the choice. It should not have been decided for us. Like so many others, I will pick Triss over Yen every time, not because Yen is a bad character but because we prefer Triss.

Agree again. Save or Simulation nothing changed in the whole W3 story..... maybe just I got used to the style of BioWare :/

And bioware have the same problem. What you choose in Mass Effect 1 and 2....doesn't affect Mass Effect 3 at all. It's the same for Dragon Age franchise.

Even on the romance issue. I had to repeat the same Liara romance among all the three games, because in ME3 the previous romance was...well, was forgotten.

Last edited:
She got her clean start and it was a disaster, the player should have been given the choice. It should not have been decided for us. Like so many others, I will pick Triss over Yen every time, not because Yen is a bad character but because we prefer Triss.

But then most of the player(who dont know the books) would instantly jump on Triss. Just because they dont know Yen. That would kill the whole Yeneffer stuff right away. And then, we would have a "No Yeneffer content! Give us more Yeneffer!"

Wow. Really? 15 more pages? Thanks guys... :X I will pick up where I left off last night in my next post. I wanted to address something that I noticed to see what you guys think. We were talking about a possible Enhanced Edition and what could change. I was checking out the page for the W2 EE and trying to see exactly what changed and the amount of work that they put into it. The Witcher 2 came out May 17, 2011. The Enhanced Edition came out exactly 11 months later on April 17, 2012. It includes many, many changes. Specifically involving the later sections of the game but there were a variety of changes throughout.

The changes include but are not limited to (I've underlined some of the ones that really outline the amount of work put into it):
- 2 hefty quests related to the core storyline and representing up to 4 additional hours of content
- Final Boards - 12 short cinematics outlining player choice/consequence combinations. Recorded using a combination of new and old footage and the entire thing is set to an original composition using a live choir.
- Witchers - A movie adding more information to the mysterious faction of the Witchers. It was created using hand drawn 2D-flash animation
- New Game Intro - A new 3.5 minute pre-rendered intro cinematic directed by BAFTA and Academy Award winning director Tomasz Bagiǹski
Additional Cut Scenes - 11 new rendered cut-scenes that enrich in-game events. Created using a new set of motion-captured animations and 3 engine-rendered cut scenes that all required extensive post production.
- New Locations - Brand new locations were added to the surrounding areas of several in-game areas.

There are many more but theses constitute some of the larger additions. The list includes over 100 changes to the game including a significant tweak to the combat system. I list these here as an example that CDPR really aims to not only outdo the competition but to outdo themselves. They are willing to put in the work and the changes they could implement are nearly limitless. We just need to show them that the changes are something we the fans want and how they would add to the game to create a more engaging, fulfilling experience. This is also to encourage us to not rule any ideas out. :p Keep it up people.

For more information consult the following links.
The Witcher 2: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2:_Assassins_of_Kings
The Witcher 2 EE: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2:_Enhanced_Edition

You can say "my Geralt" as much as you want but the fact of the matter is that Geralt isn't your character, never was, never will be.

Geralt is Andrzej Sapkowski's character first and CDPR's character second. CDPR allows us to make choices as Geralt, true, but they tried to keep each possible choice true to Sapkowski's character. None of the choices you get to make are really out of character for Geralt. So there is some leeway to roleplay Geralt, but ultimately you're playing as a predefined character that isn't yours.

I think CDPR did a really fantastic job at finding a good balance between staying true to the Geralt from the books and giving us some freedom to roleplay as Geralt and making decisions as him. To say "if we were meant to follow the books then there would be no need for choices to begin with" is just false and doesn't make any sense.

I think we've all had situations in our lives where we had to make difficult decisions and I think we all sometimes second-guess our past decisions. I know I have. Our choices in real-life aren't set in stone and sometimes we can change our minds or see merit in multiple options presented to us. This isn't different for Geralt. It's perfectly possible for CDPR to stay true to Sapkowski's Geralt while also giving us multiple options to choose from and I think they did exactly that.

My geralt and roleplaying as Geralt have the same meaning, everyone knows that Geralt is a creation of the author, but it sill doesn't change the fact that we are controlling a fictional character and making choices for him that CDPR allow us to do, i think you are taking the my geralt thing too literally, but feel free to disagree.

I agree that CDPR did a great job on Geralt in general, he feels like the same character from the books yet the player still feels in control of deciding what he does. A lot of other developers would struggle to do that.

---------- Updated at 11:12 PM ----------

No Problem, he gets his Spin off game. :p...

I would love to play as Letho for the next Witcher game even if there is little to no chance that would happen.

Personally I think the Triss ending is bland and completely out of character for Geralt

Except for when he was about to give up being a Witcher in the books and then gets stabbed by a pitchfork.
Settling down is totally in character for him. Technically he isn't retiring completely either, as the ending has him taking the occasional Witcher contract. Seems to me that is more like Geralt than the Yennefer ending.

And bioware have the same problem. What you choose in Mass Effect 1 and 2....doesn't affect Mass Effect 3 at all. It's the same for Dragon Age franchise.

I agree with you reguarding mass effect franchise, but dragon age is different from that prospective. For dragon age it's obvious that devs chose a different path from ME. I see dragon age more like different stories in a precise timeline. Instead of ME when the focus is on your shepard

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't Iorveth or Roche choice a pretty big one? How can there be no "my Geralt" if siding with Roche or Iorveth changes the story for act 2 & 3.

You can have your Geralt be true to the books, we can have our Geralt be different. CDPR gave Geralt amnesia for a reason, the games gave us choices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom