• Yes, give her scorch!

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • Give her some other stuff

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Leave it as it is

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
Give the Triss hero Card SCORCH!

In the interest of making even more topics about Triss in this forum, I decided to make a poll about yet another clear sign of bias against her... Thematically it fits, I mean, she does throw fire around and if my memory is not mistaken she does melt some WIld Hunt soldiers in the battle for KM.

Thanks @ttchip for the reminder.

It would have to be a special scorch, similar to the bird but applicable to any of the 3 enemy lines.

Also WTF Lambert, are you fap.ng to this card? Please keep it away from this perv and make it so we earn it from, say, the mini tournament that happens during her quest. Makes sense. Kind of like a memento... or better yet, have her give you her card herself when she's leaving for Kovir, and should she return, because you said those words right? Then have Geralt say, after their steamy scene is done, "I'm still keeping the card, like I did in the good old days."

Finally they should add a debuff to hers and Yen's card, stating that "if both cards are in play, then discard them and replace with dandelion."

Last edited:
I'd argue that if they were to give this card scorch, Villentretenmerth would still be a straight up better card. If CDPR are going to change her card, I'd rather see it being a different change.

Finally they should add a debuff to hers and Yen's card, stating that "if both cards are in play, then discard them and replace with dandelion."
LOL! But why Dandelion? Ciri may be better...2 cards of 7 strength with skills exchange 1 card of 15 strength, it's fair.

LOL! But why Dandelion? Ciri may be better...2 cards of 7 strength with skills exchange 1 card of 15 strength, it's fair.

In game reasons... @ttchip beat me to it :)

I'd argue that if they were to give this card scorch, Villentretenmerth would still be a straight up better card. If CDPR are going to change her card, I'd rather see it being a different change.

Good point :) It would have to be a special scorch, similar to the bird but applicable to any of the 3 enemy lines. Also please tell me you had to look up the name and you didn't write it by heart.

Last edited:
I like this idea, scorch is perfect for triss since she always uses fire and her card is the worst the way it is now

Yeah because he can be decoyed to play again, or revived. The Medic is better than Yennefer for that same reason.

It's fitting for her character though, think of it as her raining fire on the battlefield.

I think both Yennefer and Triss should have a base count of 10. Maybe reduce other (set specific) hero cards to 7 like e.g. Roche.

And I think Triss should have a special ability. Imo healing would be most fitting for her.

And please, make Regis a hero in Gwent. He is much more powerful than most of the "heroes" in any deck. And he is fu*kin Emiel Regis Rohellec Terzieff-Godefroy ! :p

I don't think this thread fits in Story, locations, and characters discussion :|
I wrote plenty of spoilers so....

Triss fanboy crew is hilarious.
Because?

And I think Triss should have a special ability. Imo healing would be most fitting for her.

I thought that too but then she'd be the same as Yennefer and I don't recall seeing any instances of her healing anyone.

And despite the initial joking, this is not a Yen/Triss post, it's a about adding more variety to Gwent. I started with the case that felt needed a change the most. But, for example, other cards could use a additional abilities. Phillipa's could let you summon a "golem" token in the melee row. Roche would let you see 3 cards on the opponents hand. Saskia's should definitely have scorch too, only the first row though.

Honestly, if the Triss Gwent card got any special ability, it should be that it doubles the strength of any opposing sorceress card.

She gets played more than Geralt does, yeesh.

And despite the initial joking, this is not a Yen/Triss post, it's a about adding more variety to Gwent. I started with the case that felt needed a change the most. But, for example, other cards could use a additional abilities. Phillipa's could let you summon a "golem" token in the melee row. Roche would let you see 3 cards on the opponents hand. Saskia's should definitely have scorch too, only the first row though.
How about a new ability called "shield"? With that you could protect a single card or row from change or destruction (pretty much like the hero cards). The shield ability would fit Triss' abilities as seen in TW2. ;)

About the variety of Gwent: I thought that the next update should be about Gwent anyway, introducing a new set. I'm quite curious about that one... :)

How about a new ability called "shield"? With that you could protect a single card or row from change or destruction (pretty much like the hero cards). The shield ability would fit Triss' abilities as seen in TW2. ;)

True, but then Yen is way more of a badass in that regard, I mean, she shielded a whole castle!

I hope they will balance all cards, especially main characters', and add some repeatable challenging content (like adventure mode in Hearthstone).
If it works well, they can consider develop Gwent PVP game.

True, but then Yen is way more of a badass in that regard, I mean, she shielded a whole castle!

True. But reviving a dead character is a "stronger" ability than casting a shield in my book. ;)

I hope they will balance all cards, especially main characters', and add some repeatable challenging content (like adventure mode in Hearthstone).
If it works well, they can consider develop Gwent PVP game.
I wouldn't mind a Gwent standalone game for PC and mobile platforms. I'd need some more playtesting and balancing tweaks for that of course.

Why not give her the ability to draw a card from the opposing sides discard stack? In the game she is the only one who was able to convert magically-sealed idols back to people (do not know much about Witcher lore, so I dont know if many others have done so), and arguably her skill should be based on that.
You could argue that Yennefer better deserves this skill as she performs necromancy though, in which case you could swap.

To Noobseals; I dont think GWENT would work as a standalone game. It lacks a lot of tactical play once you start hording the spy method, since it pretty much beats everything; even monsters with their potential for pulling out an insane number of cards to the playing field.
Its a fantastic mini-game dont get me wrong, but it feels like its missed a few tricks here and there that could make it amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom