• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep but in some loadings I saw "Sorceress like Witcher's are infertile"

I thought all sorceresses were sterile, isn't a big book plot about Yen wanting to kill some gold dragon to cure her infertility? (Why I am not surprised she would do that?)

I thought all sorceresses were sterile, isn't a big book plot about Yen wanting to kill some gold dragon to cure her infertility? (Why I am not surprised she would do that?)

Can't say about the books since i haven't read them myself but i think there is some sort of reference to a golden dragon when interacting with Yen during the Skellige quests,can't remember exactly when.

I still vote for Triss finding a way to stop Geralt being steril so they can get children ! :sofa:

Oh yes if they add quests with Triss (can work with yen too even if they already have Ciri) my choici go for a Triss+Geralt Infertility cure. It could be a nice way to explain why she 's so quiet at time (Well?) when she confess to Geralt about her search for a remedy.

@Noobseals: nice I can remember this quest from TW2 but didn't get or don't remember it was for this purpose. Doesn't work btw or there already have Geralt babies everywhere, in my playthrough at leat ;)

Come on...everyone loves a good comeback story! Geralt is down, spending time with his lady and taking the easy witcher contract while he teaches Ciri the trade...when she heads out on her own Geralt grows restless, drives Yen/Triss crazy and he heads out for a while. His age and lax living for the last three years would explain why he would start again at LVL 1 :) He would get some great Danny Glover lines from Leathal Weapon, "I'm getting too old for this shit!" or folks would always be asking if he was 'ok'...until he gets his self back into shape.

Can you imagine the scene when he first returns home, the lady of your choice would be like, "WOW, I missed you! This is the Geralt I fell in love with..." That could be a FUN scene to see :)

I agree ! But when I think about an old Geralt I compare this to Ezio from Assassins Creed Revelations where he always screams after every jump like he broke every single bone lol. That was annoying tho.

If Geralt and Triss are still as beautiful as they are in TW3 I will be in for that ! Ofc the beard can grow as long as I can use a barber :p

And maybe Ciri can get practices from both of them. Triss showing her some magical tricks since Ciri cant use signs like Geralt right? But her skills she already own are a little overpowered tho. Porting around even trough enemies.. contracts for Ciri will be easy to manage.

Would love to see all of them in a new game but I think it will be very hard to design it.

Triss coming home.. maybe her birthday and everyone is there with some cake :wub: Sounds like family soap even if I would love it :D

---------- Updated at 02:06 PM ----------

Oh yes if they add quests with Triss (can work with yen too even if they already have Ciri) my choici go for a Triss+Geralt Infertility cure. It could be a nice way to explain why she 's so quiet at time (Well?) when she confess to Geralt about her search for a remedy.

@Noobseals: nice I can remember this quest from TW2 but didn't get or don't remember it was for this purpose. Doesn't work btw or there already have Geralt babies everywhere, in my playthrough at leat ;)

I mean wtf? In the Witcherverse are things like other dimensions.. the wild hunt, monster, the conjuction of spheres and the white cold.. but there is no way for sorceres to find a solution getting children with witchers? Cmon.. ! ;)

I still believe they need to fix the major holes in the triss romance BEFORE they add more content for both romance as some of you guys want. All the KM stuff, especially that stupid kiss, the fact the triss turns into a npc post novigrad, the fact that you cant tell other main npcs that you are with triss now and not with yen anymore ecc.

At first i thought when that kiss happened that some sort of cat-fight will take place at KM and you had to calm them down or something but nope, triss just act passively and accept the kiss after the lighthouse.

Such a hole in the writing is unacceptable for me

I still believe they need to fix the major holes in the triss romance BEFORE they add more content for both romance as some of you guys want. All the KM stuff, especially that stupid kiss, the fact the triss turns into a npc post novigrad, the fact that you cant tell other main npcs that you are with triss now and not with yen anymore ecc.

At first i thought when that kiss happened that some sort of cat-fight will take place at KM and you had to calm them down or something but nope, triss just act passively and accept the kiss after the lighthouse.

Yeap we definitely need more scenes that acknowledge your love interest whoever that may be(well only Triss because Yen already gets the acknowledgement even if you break up with her)and some interaction with other main characters like Ciri so you can get feedback from them based on your choices.It goes without saying that we need more Triss scenes just before and after the Battle at Kaer Morhen and also before the final mission instead of the famous "Good luck".

Thats pretty much how my face looked like that moment and how it felt :(

Attachments

• 22362023.jpg
    22362023.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 50
Can't say about the books since i haven't read them myself but i think there is some sort of reference to a golden dragon when interacting with Yen during the Skellige quests,can't remember exactly when.

Yeah there was some super expensive treatment that she was considering and needed huge amounts of money to make it happen. Selling parts of dragons is extremely lucrative as they are so rare and dangerous. A golden dragon, which was thought to be legend, doubly so.

Some more details regarding Geralt + Yen during this event:
Geralt runs into her there when he joins the rather large throng of people on the expedition. He didn't have any intention of killing the dragon though and the two of them had a bit of a heart-to-heart about it. Geralt had been living together with Yen for something like a year or two and had left all of a sudden. This dragon hunt happened another two years(or so, could be wrong here) after that. So she was quite hurt and angry with him, telling him she will forgive him if he were to help her with this hugely personal quest of hers. He refuses, though does ask her to forgive him. She refuses. Typical of their relationship, haha.

Without retelling the whole story, which is a great read by the way, it ends up with Yennefer changing her mind, realizing that Geralt was right about not killing such a creature, which proved sentient and quite honourable. Yennefer tries to use magic to help the dragon, but is subdued along with Geralt. She is threatened with rape by the remaining group of dragon slayers. Yen asks Geralt to burn the ropes binding her ankles. He protests since he wouldn't be able to prevent burning her ankles along with it. She insists and he frees her legs, though badly burnt.

Yennefer then, in a very badass sorceress moment, proceeds to user her legs and feet to cast spells to aid the dragon. She turns large groups of people surrounding the dragon into frogs and other small creatures, which allows the dragon to finish off whats left. They are freed and Yen's anger towards him is gone, showing that, like him, she longs for him. Good example of how their relationship works, with pride or the unwillingness to easily forgive getting in the way of their true feelings for each other. They both suck at voicing their true feelings so it takes moments like these to melt the barriers between them. They then go to talk to the dragon.

One of the things he says to them is that they are meant for each other, but nothing will ever come of it. This is their destiny.

Room to interpret in many ways.

I mean wtf? In the Witcherverse are things like other dimensions.. the wild hunt, monster, the conjuction of spheres and the white cold.. but there is no way for sorceres to find a solution getting children with witchers? Cmon.. ! ;)

Yennefer and Geralt have a child. Her name is Ciri.

I really don't think they'd be bent out of shape over adoption.

You are absolutely right on this point. And I can see where it bring us....
Geralt+Triss: "Hey Ciri.... How's it going?..."
Ciri look at them with a suspicious look
Triss: Well....
Geralt:
1. Did you ever consider having a sister...?
2.Can you help me and Triss with... you know....
3.Did you ever heard of a world where you can have children through surrogacy?!? :s
(Sorry about the last one I get carried away)

It goes without saying that we need more Triss scenes just before and after the Battle at Kaer Morhen and also before the final mission instead of the famous "Good luck".

Don't you mean the award winning quote "Well?". "Well?" Captures the whole Triss issue very well.

ps: love your avatar. Stannis for King of the Northern Kingdoms!

I think that "Good luck" is a proof that triss was not supposed to be a romance option at first

I don't think there is any doubt about that at this point
Still doesn't excuse anything but at least it explains the lackluster romance and treatment of Triss

I think that "Good luck" is a proof that triss was not supposed to be a romance option at first

I read something about the integrity of the original story and Yen being "the one true love" for Geralt and i am thinking that,excuse me for saying this, its 100% bullshit if it is true, because for one the love interest of Geralt is the least important change from the books.Ciri can die,become a witcher or empress and the thing that annoys the book author is that Triss is available as a romance option?

Exactly. Something went wrong when they were planning that story. I hope CDPR will change 'Last Wish' at least.

I really hope it is not some kind of disagreement between CDPR and Andrzej Sapkowski because that would be stupid considering that RPGs are meant to have different choices,endings and variations depending on who plays them and how.

---------- Updated at 03:01 PM ----------

Don't you mean the award winning quote "Well?". "Well?" Captures the whole Triss issue very well.

I would comment on that but i want to stay calm for now and not lose my sanity...

ps: love your avatar. Stannis for King of the Northern Kingdoms!

He is very similar to Radovid but 100x cooler :)

I read something about the integrity of the original story and Yen being "the one true love" for Geralt and i am thinking that,excuse me for saying this, its 100% bullshit if it is true, because for one the love interest of Geralt is the least important change from the books.Ciri can die,become a witcher or empress and the thing that annoys the book author is that Triss is available as a romance option?

I really hope it is not some kind of disagreement between CDPR and Andrzej Sapkowski because that would be stupid considering that RPGs are meant to have different choices,endings and variations depending on who plays them and how.

---------- Updated at 03:01 PM ----------

I would comment on that but i want to stay calm for now and not lose my sanity...

He is very similar to Radovid but 100x cooler :)

I don't think it had anything to do with Andrzej Sapkowski, I don't think he is much involved with the game. I think it came from book purists in the writing room that took over after Witcher AoK
PS:Stannis the mannis!

Last edited:

You are so right! I always hoped that you could correct your friends that you are with Triss now. For example Lambert and Eskel, when they were drinking together in Khaer Morhen more or less still think you're with Yennefer. I felt like I chose the wrong girl the whole time after Novigrad. And it sucked. They should have included a talk with Yennefer about how you are with Triss now and stuff. I don't know exactly what but I want SOMETHING. :(
And this unwanted kiss with Yennefer in KM - I literally shouted "What the fuck is she doing? This can't be true!" Damn, I really love this game and all of the story basically, but the Triss storyline after Novigrad is so disappointing :(

You are absolutely right on this point. And I can see where it bring us....
Geralt+Triss: "Hey Ciri.... How's it going?..."
Ciri look at them with a suspicious look
Triss: Well....
Geralt:
1. Did you ever consider having a sister...?
2.Can you help me and Triss with... you know....
3.Did you ever heard of a world where you can have children through surrogacy?!? :s
(Sorry about the last one I get carried away)

You do not want to know where 2# put my mind.

Something happened, that is a fact. The existence of all these holes in the writing is the proof itself that at some point in the development some big changes reguarding the story took place

Then they had little time to fix the big change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom