• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Really want to play more, but...

I feel there are better things coming. I've never really put 90 hours into a single player game, and I'm still only about halfway done. The game has become easy even on Death March and I feel better balance will be achieved in the future. There are many quest breaking bugs, missable gwent cards, etc that are annoying. 1.05 broke a lot of stuff, but also fixed a lot of stuff.

Is anyone else waiting for a few more patches and then just going to restart?

This is a troll post right? Eh.. I'll bite.

So let me get this straight. The game is boring you to death because you refuse to listen to NPCs in a story based RPG. The game is all about immersing yourself and soaking everything in, this means reading notes, listening to each and every NPC, exhausting all dialog options, etc. Story mode getting lost in side quests seems more like a personal problem than a game problem. You have choice to focus on what you want, if you can't remember the main story then maybe your memory sucks or you should just pay attention more.

It's not the game's fault you don't like the genre. This is the highest rated game on Metacritic currently, so you are definitely in the minority. I find it funny you took the time to register on the forums just to post this.

I have experienced some "bad" things, but nothing game breaking, so i keep going on.
But if i could go back on time, i would have waited some months before playing this awesome game, since i think playing in this state (many bugs and unbalancements, especially the difficulty: death march, even avoiding OP stuff, is too easy) the game loses a lot.

Seriously playing this game is tedious. 9 hours in and the fun has yet to start. I am level 5 and every quest I have available to me requires Level 6 or higher. Poor combat mechanics. Too many things going on at once. Story mode gets lost in all the side quests. Not even sure what the hell the story is. Just about to talk to some guy named Baron about his Wife. He beat her or some crap so she left. Something about a monster. Tuned most of it out because the NPC was so boring to listen to. My fault for buying into the hype. Now I need to con some poor sucker into buying this off of me.
If you're level 5 and you're unable to do level 6 quests then you're the biggest noob ever. I did a level 21 quest at level 8.

Seriously playing this game is tedious. 9 hours in and the fun has yet to start. I am level 5 and every quest I have available to me requires Level 6 or higher. Poor combat mechanics. Too many things going on at once. Story mode gets lost in all the side quests. Not even sure what the hell the story is. Just about to talk to some guy named Baron about his Wife. He beat her or some crap so she left. Something about a monster. Tuned most of it out because the NPC was so boring to listen to. My fault for buying into the hype. Now I need to con some poor sucker into buying this off of me.

You bores me to death...

I'll play this through at a sedate pace, if I hit a bad bug that won't let me get on with something else in game, I'll wait for a patch while playing something else.

My plan is to come back for my second run when both expansions have been released.
That'll shake up the landscape a little bit, leaving me a few things to still discover.

So it makes perfect sense to you, that you don't get any exp for the mainquest when doing sidequests, and vise versa? Getting rewarded for work is the very fundament of every game. Noone would play a game where you have no challange or nothing to collect (like exp, perks etc.) because you could just watch a movie instead.
If I would be the boss of a videgamecompany and someone like you would work for me, you'd get fired in a blink, that I promise you.

Well, good thing you don't work for CDPR, then, because you would've fired their entire staff and the game never would've come out. So, you know. There's that.

And the post I was responding to specifically asked me to explain a personal preference, so it's not like I was presenting any of what I said as fact.

I cannot play Witcher 3 at all

I have all already spent a lot of hours on the game (Xbox one version) already, playing it everyday until one day when I finished I quit the game so I didn't have to run into that saving glitch again. I came back the next morning and tried to continue where I left off and it acted fine till it was just about to be done loading then it made this skrillex bass drop type noise then crashed and I have to start over and no matter what I do it does the exact same thing and this includes reinstalling the game after I reset my Xbox, trying to load any previous saves and trying to install and play offline and it just won't work and I tried almost everyday for the last week :( so please find a solution for me soon I have no other game to play because I trade the lot of them in for this one

TROLL ALLERT

Isn't console that type of hardware when you just put disc in it, press play and enjoy without any headaches ? I heard that so many times throughout entire previous generation ;)

To RED, 200 Hours later.

I rarely finish long games, normally run out of steam. For example, of semi-recent games, I was not able to finish Skyrim, DA:inquisitor (or DA2, for that matter).

What kept me locked into this game wasn't even the story, per se, but rather the dialogue, and the characters. You guys just nailed that part. I didn't fast forward a single conversation... it was just so good. I laughed a lot, especially when Geralt spoke, I loved my sarcastic self, whose jokes often fell flat.

Other things I loved:
The overall graphics
The facial animation/expressions. First time I ever saw characters able to express themselves in a computer game,in a realistic way.
The quality of the voices, and that you didn't use the same actor again and again like *cough*skyrim*cough*
The landscape, terrain, variety of areas, etc
The Lore. Seriously, crazy stuff. I need to read the books now.
Choice and consequence, sometimes on a very minute level, sometimes huge.

Stuff that I felt was "meh", and would have made this awesome game even more awesomer.
Personally, I felt there was just a bit too much profanity, but I guess that is par for the course.
Similarly, it seems that the world is populated by honey, slutty women.

Game mechanics, in general, were lacking.
Specifically:
Combat. It was ok at first, but got pretty repetitive... and then there was just silly parts like doing a whirlwind at level 25 against a level 7 bandit who somehow parried every single time... and guys with shields were harder to kill than a Royal Wyvern

The skill system was also kind of blah. I am sure there are different kinds of builds, but really, once you have that concoction of Ekinda or whatever its called that restores health when you expend stamina, the difficulty just ends. Every time you need health just do a whirlwind.

Even without that encoction, I found that the first 20 points are all that really matter.

Loot - silver swords raining from the sky. Can't walk two inches without falling over millions of swords, armor, etc, and its all pretty much vendor trash. You guys went from one extreme in Witcher 1 where there was almost no loot, to the clear other side of the spectrum.

Crafting - given the existence of the ursine, feline and griffon sets, all the rest was pretty much filler.

PC controls for movement were kind of clunky, horse was the worst, boat wasn't that bad.

The whole ignite/extinguish thing was amusing for abiout an hour and then just got in my way.

... but again. having said all that, this was, without a doubt, the best RPG I think I have ever played ... and I am fairly certain I have played every RPG to come out since Akallabeth, Wizardry 1 and those games (Yes, I am *that* old).

I can't wait to see what you guys do next.

Agreed for the most part... it seams that most actual game systems either turned out blah or unimpactful.

Skills - Aside from the alternate signs almost irrelevant
Gear - Wticher sets take care of that
Alchemy - Auto-refilling potions defeat that
Loot - All the above make it feel needlessly convoluted

Bottom line: Great presenation, world, characters and story... tacked on game systems.

Please.. a separate potions tab.. we need it.. like.. very much.

You know what i'm talking about - potions and oils mixed in one inventory tab with all the books and notes, oils on top then tons of paper then useful potions right at the bottom = lots of scrolling = not great.

The 2nd problem - after some time the number of potions and oils becomes quite impressive and the major distinction is a color, and selecting an item doesn't reveal it's name instantly = lots of time to find what we need = not great at all.

The solution, as i see it, is to add a separate inventory tab which will hold everything we cooked on the alchemy screen apart from the books and other usable items.
Provide this tab with filters and sorting so we can choose what to hide and what goes first - oils or potions or bombs or decoctions.
It's also has to be easy to find exactly what you're looking for so either make it a list so the potion's name goes right next to its icon or make the the description appear instantly, without any slow fade-ins.

Please consider this humble suggestion, and many thanks for anyways a great game. It's already fantastic but let's make it a bit more comfortable now!

The game isn't for everyone, of course- maybe it isn't for you. That is okay! There is nothing wrong with that.

But if you are still in White Orchard I'd give the game a little more time. I found myself enjoying it more and more when I got to Velen.

I personally like the raindrops when i am in the middle of the storm, sure I might have died over 30 times cause of that but ... it feels awesome.

This is going to get merged into the general feedback thread in about ten seconds, but yes, we need:

• separate category for oils, potions and decoctions
  • separate categories for crafting and alchemy materials
  • separate category for books, letters, journals, diagrams, formulae etc.
  • "consumables" category for food and other items not included in the above three
  • items by category in the dismantle dialog so you can tell which ones are "junk"

I also don't understand why there's a grid layout in the equipment category if the inventory limit is actually by weight and not by space. It looks cute, but what's the point?

I dunno, everyone complained about the inventory in TW2 and I really thought it was fine, now it seems by heavily reducing the number of categories, they've made everything much worse. As far as I'm concerned, they can just bring the TW2 inventory back.

Top Bottom