Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to speak for everyone, but imho adding Kovir DLC content would please everyone since we even already know several characters that going to be there: Kovir Mage from Skellige, Eskel, Triss, King Tancred. This kind of content wouldn't be like WTF cause CDPR has already made some background for that land.

I don't want to speak for everyone, but imho adding Kovir DLC content would please everyone since we even already know several characters that going to be there: Kovir Mage from Skellige, Eskel, Triss, King Tancred. This kind of content wouldn't be like WTF cause CDPR has already made some background for that land.

As great as it would be, it would only make sense if Triss was your choice of romance.
I think that more cutscenes and dialogue options are far more essential.

Personally I would be happy if the just add more interactions with Triss at Kaer Morhen and while on the boat or nilfgaard encampment at the end that adds a little more to the relationship (talk about rejecting Yen, maybe include Ciri in the boat conversation and let us hear her comments on the relationship, etc.). Right now there just doesn't seem to be any development in the romance for Triss.
It's basically "I love you" >sex>let's live together would like something in between the sex and let's live together part.
Also wouldn't mind some banter or slight comments from other characters on Geralt's feelings for her such as in Yen's romance (although I think Yen's needs to be fleshed out a little more as well).
As of right now the only one's who seem to know that you chose Triss or make any general remark on the Yen/Triss situation are Geralt, Triss, Djistra, and Philipa.

I like Triss more than Yen, but anyway if there will be romance DLC i will buy it for sure.
Some time ago, i read Witcher 3 will be more personal for history of Geralt - ok there is Ciri but i feel like this game need some more love content. Will be nice, to get some missions with Triss or Yen, some fun, some dramatic, maybe just some history of past moments.
(sory for my bad english)

Personally I would be happy if the just add more interactions with Triss at Kaer Morhen and while on the boat or nilfgaard encampment at the end that adds a little more to the relationship (talk about rejecting Yen, maybe include Ciri in the boat conversation and let us hear her comments on the relationship, etc.). Right now there just doesn't seem to be any development in the romance for Triss.
It's basically "I love you" >sex>let's live together would like something in between the sex and let's live together part.
Also wouldn't mind some banter or slight comments from other characters on Geralt's feelings for her such as in Yen's romance (although I think Yen's needs to be fleshed out a little more as well).
As of right now the only one's who seem to know that you chose Triss or make any general remark on the Yen/Triss situation are Geralt, Triss, Djistra, and Philipa.

Precisely

As great as it would be, it would only make sense if Triss was your choice of romance.

I disagree. If you haven't romanced with Triss she just would be your quest partner. They could add Yennefer to the Kovir plot aswell to heat up the atmosphere. And IMHO it's not like having few quests with Triss would be something bad to the game (lol). Even if she was not your lover it doesn't change the fact that she is an awesome character and 99% of players (i'm sure) would agree.

I disagree. If you haven't romanced with Triss she just would be your quest partner. They could add Yennefer to the Kovir plot aswell to heat up the atmosphere. And IMHO it's not like having few quests with Triss would be something bad to the game (lol). Even if she was not your lover it doesn't change the fact that she is an awesome character and 99% of players (i'm sure) would agree.
And Yen and Triss remains as friends. So if not romancing Triss it would be a friendly visit to Kovir.
And if romacing Triss, she can invite Yen to Kovir, Geralt would't disagree.

They could but you will have Triss as a quest partner regardless of your romance choice Triss, Yen or neither and then we'll see another thread like this but dedicated to Yen saying that the game is Triss focused.
Besides having Yen in the DLC only if she is your romance choice is too much work, twice the voice acting different cutscenes and animations.
Don't get me wrong i want this to happen but i see it highly unlikely.

Edit:Think of it like this:
1)Romance Triss->Triss is present in the DLC not Yen
2)Romance Yen->Triss and Yen present in the DLC
3)Romance both or none of them->Triss is present in the DLC but with entirely different dialogues

Three "different" DLCs with much more work to do including voice acting, quest dialogues(in cutscenes and outside).

Last edited:
And Yen and Triss remains as friends. So if not romancing Triss it would be a friendly visit to Kovir.
And if romacing Triss, she can invite Yen to Kovir, Geralt would't disagree.

And Yen will just hop on the next boat (or teleport) to Kovir to watch the love of her life and her best friend living happily together? I don't know Yen personality good enough to say for sure, but with the little that I do know - That's kinda hard to believe.

Not to say I disagree to a Kovir DLC, quite the opposite, just giving my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Three "different" DLCs with much more work to do including voice acting, quest dialogues(in cutscenes and outside).

I'm not talking about romance DLC with 10 sex and 50 kissie-kissie scenes. My idea was like: King Tancred needs a professional to take care of some curse that has been affecting Royal Palace for weeks/months. He hires the witcher that Triss has suggested to him - Geralt. The story would be about hunting some bad monster, breaking the curse or something. Triss would be a secondary character there, like a quest-partner and if you romanced with her you would get some scenes how they live together at Pont Vanis. So it's not like CDPR would have to come up with 3 almost totally different content -> just some dialogue options/consequences - just like in basic W3.

And Yen will just hop on the next boat (or teleport) to Kovir to watch the love of her life and her best friend living happily together? I don't know Yen personality good enough to say for sure, but with the little that I do know - That's kinda hard to believe.

Yen could make an appearance cause she's got some buisness to take care of there -> few quests -> some dialogues with her are determined by your LI choice from W3.

They could but you will have Triss as a quest partner regardless of your romance choice Triss, Yen or neither and then we'll see another thread like this but dedicated to Yen saying that the game is Triss focused.
Besides having Yen in the DLC only if she is your romance choice is too much work, twice the voice acting different cutscenes and animations.
Don't get me wrong i want this to happen but i see it highly unlikely.

Edit:Think of it like this:
1)Romance Triss->Triss is present in the DLC not Yen
2)Romance Yen->Triss and Yen present in the DLC
3)Romance both or none of them->Triss is present in the DLC but with entirely different dialogues

Nope! 3)Romance Both or none: They ask Geralt to make a choice, once and for all. ;)

If the other expensions work well they can do it, the second one is suppose to be 20 hours long with new zone. The Kovir DLC could fit in less than that.

Since Yen would rather kill both Geralt and Triss if she sees them in Kovir I would say that if there will be an expansion for Kovir it should be only for players romanced Triss.

If you romanced Yen she should get another expansion with Geralt at another place without Triss. She literally exploded at KM when she saw the bed Geralt and Triss had sexytime in. What would she do watching Geralt and Triss loving each other? Yep... Wild Hunt? What is that? Here comes Yen !

So depending on who you choose a different trip. Problem here: More work to do because 2 different options.

Possible solution would be that Yen Ciri and Geralt could go back to KM and live there. Geralt and Ciri (you can play both) getting some contracts and for the money you can repair KM and make it more beautiful. Maybe with some friends like Zoltan who will show up and help working on KM since dwarves have a good hand for such things :)

Well I am taking it upon myself to create my own narrative in this case because the intended narrative for this is, well it's just off. It's bad and I don't like it. So I won't be sticking with it.

I agree, I've already begun crafting something in my head that could work with the game. Such as leaving for Skellige before finishing Triss content. Then before grabbing Uma headcanon getting a letter from Triss and going to finish up her quests and send her to Kaer Morhan.

Or Wait until after I grab Uma and do the Kaer Morhan stuff so there is an excuse as to why she isn't there, then headcanon getting a message from Triss while I'm running around asking everyone for help. I think it would make sense to assume that she had been laying low this entire time after the party. Do her Now or Never quest and send her to Kaer Morhan, then go get Ciri from the Isle of Mist to make it seem like Triss had been waiting at Kaer Morhan for Geralt and Ciri to arrive. That sounds about right. lol! sigh, the headcanon loops to jump through just to get a decent Triss romance story. lol!

If you romanced Yen she should get another expansion with Geralt at another place without Triss. She literally exploded at KM when she saw the bed Geralt and Triss had sexytime in. What would she do watching Geralt and Triss loving each other? Yep... Wild Hunt? What is that? Here comes Yen !

That's why there would have to be a very important thing to happen in Kovir to make Yen want to go there and meet G&T. Additionaly - Doesn't time heal wounds?

They say you always have to look at the glass half full... one fortunate side effect of this mess is that it made it possible for me to go Yen's route.

See, I played the whole boat scene with options like let's try again etc, spacebar my faithful ally and then saved.

Next I reloaded an earlier save I had after killing the vampire and went the logical choice, enjoyed all the cutscenes and then proceeded to load the other one with geralt still at the docks.

The game won't acknowledge my choice either way, I can pretend this playthrough included that part.

Ahh who am I kidding? this sucks :(

Last edited:

Not to say I disagree to a Kovir DLC, quite the opposite, just giving my 2 cents.

Sisters before Misters.

If Geralt romances both Triss and Yennefer, they both decide to dump him and remain friends.

Also, Yennefer and Triss chat up friendly-like all throughout their time together at Kaer Morhen either way.

First off, kuddos to everyone participating on this thread and those who are following. I am pleasantly surprised at how much attention and participation it is drawing. For newer guests, the critique is simple: Triss, romance or not, is inconsistent as an important supporting character she was made out to be by CDPR.

Everyone has different ideas on how much Triss material they would like to see, but it all comes down to dissatisfaction with the current state of her character and interactions.

As romance the demands are clear: her romantic involvement with Geralt should feel genuine and be communicated to the player after the Now or Never quest, i.e. during the KM sequences and third act of the game. As CDPR presented romance options to the players, therefore players should feel that choice matters through in-game interactions. The consensus here is that's not the case due to pacing and narrative inconsistencies.

If not romanced, she should still feel relevant to the story because the developers included her in the later segments of the game to begin with. Every minor character that appears in the final act is given dialogue and interactive moments, while Triss was sidelined as a background piece. She has appeared as an important member of the main cast in previous games by the devs and this should have been displayed in Wild Hunt to show continuity. The argument here is the game should reflect what it is suggesting: Triss is a close member of Geralt's inner circle.

Now...this does not mean that the issues with interpersonal connection is limited to Triss alone. While this thread is focused and dedicated to her, numerous posters have noted that interpersonal relationships and the family theme the devs made central to the story was not displayed between the main cast, and especially when examining Triss. She stands as the figure who is visibly excluded from the main cast, while simultaneously being elevated as important to the Ciri-Geralt-Yen relationship through NPC commentary. This is not conducive to Triss convincingly being important or relevant to Geralt or the player, if the Wild Hunt is considered alone.

The solutions presented so far range from an expansion that incorporates Triss as a supporting character, and reflects the romance choice, to DLC that focuses on Triss. If she is not romanced, dialogue, banter, and any interactive moments should appropriately reflect in-game decisions and remain consistent to her character.

Whatever the remedy, it should not: 1) depreciate the content and characterization of other characters in the current game; 2) be a "patch" that corrects the narrative inconsistencies of Triss' material alone; and 3) take away from further lore or story expansion in the greater Witcher universe. An expansion that provides Triss content for both those who romanced and did not romance her, as well as focus on Geralt's other relationships and build the Withcer universe overall, would be satisfying to see from CDPR.

On the topic of Kovir, I think it is the best location for an expansion because it has the most relevance to in-game events. It holds the best potential for Triss-specific content, whether the romance option was pursued or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom