Should have been about Geralt not Ciri. (spoilers)

+
Should have been about Geralt not Ciri. (spoilers)

Read the books while waiting for W3 to come out and loved the short stories, however I hated every chapter with Ciri as a main protagonist. Earlier books with her aren't as bad because she isn't the main character, but the later chapters with her I had to skip. Would much rather have had her die than Vesemir; the world of the Witcher would be a much better place if Calanthe would have dropped Ciri on the ocean as a baby. It seems a prerequisite for knowing Geralt is agreeing to die for Ciri.

Game should have had finding Ciri as a major sidequest to Geralt fighting the Wild Hunt. Obviously I didn't care in the slightest in finding Ciri, somewhat ruining the game for me (literally, I hate her that much). Would have preferred a different cutscene where Geralt was glad Ciri was finally out of his hair, rich for bringing her to the emperor, and Yennefer eventually loses her powers, reverts back to a hunchback and is killed because people don't take her kind of crap from a magicless hunchback. Seriously, how can a person who was once a hunchback have such a horrible personality?

Funny that the game was even more linear than W2, where if you didn't like Triss, you can turn her down for sex, go with Roche, and save Anais in chapter 3. WH you have to save Ciri and you are suppose to romance Yennefer (other threads about how they screwed-up).

While I actually like Ciri (she is a bit overrated but definitely not a bad character) I agree that the game should have been more about Geralt

I felt like she took away focus from Geralt and his friends, the whole game is just about here everyone else gets shafted
Hell even the endings depend on silly interactions with her
So yeah by the end of the game I had enough of Ciri, hopefully the expansions just focus on Geralt

I felt for Geralt trying to find Ciri. Ciri herself I really didn't start to care for until near the end of the game. I disliked playing her though because she is a Dragon Age power character in a Witcher game and wish I could have just watched a cut scene about what she did.

I felt for Geralt as well which is why I'm getting him the good ending on the replay, but the ending are entirely based on her, not Geralt.

I felt for Geralt as well which is why I'm getting him the good ending on the replay, but the ending are entirely based on her, not Geralt.

Of course. Ciri is Geralt's daughter, the most important woman in his life. Her destiny is strictly related to Geralt.
The ending is based on Ciri's fate, because is the result of Geralt's choice as father.
And there is nothing as complex and strong as the Father-Daughter bound.

Hell, it's why I like the bad ending.

If Geralt's daughter dies, he goes out to die.

It doesn't matter if he has friends or loved ones.

CIRI is the most important person in his life.

Hell, it's why I like the bad ending.

If Geralt's daughter dies, he goes out to die.

It doesn't matter if he has friends or loved ones.

CIRI is the most important person in his life.

Nah not sure he goes to die really... Probably just upset, monsters coming to attack him, he cuts everything in pieces out of rage and sorrow, goes back to being upset a bit longer, goes to drink A LOT in some inn probably for quite a while until he slowly comes back to himself and continues with his usual life or perhaps becomes more even more grumpy and combines Witcher Life with being a drunkard...

however I hated every chapter with Ciri as a main protagonist. Earlier books with her aren't as bad because she isn't the main character, but the later chapters with her I had to skip
These are actually my favorite chapters, but to each their own I guess.

I've only played The Witcher 3, so I don't know as much like most people here. It seems to me that the focus was more so on Ciri because perhaps she's replacing Gearlt as the main character. From the little bit I know Ciri does feel like the perfect replacement for Gearlt as the main character or at least top 3 replacement choices.

. Seriously, how can a person who was once a hunchback have such a horrible personality?
Girls were a way for a family to marry into something better. If the girl wasn't beautiful, she was normally given over to a school of magic or something. .
She (Yennefer) was abused as a child, by her father while her mother did nothing to support her. Treated horribly. Many adults who are abused and mistreated as children have horrible personalities. Shut, many bullies are the way they are due to a bad home life/abuse in the home. Yennefer actually tried killing herself during her early stages of her school of magic. From the suicide attempt, she ended up badly damaging the tendons in her arms, which was later healed along w/ her appearance, through the use of magic..
At the end of the story of the last wish, Geralt calls Yennefer Yen and she is taken back by it. She has lived how many years and no one cared enough for her to come up w/ nick name for her. She is a very guarded person w/ good reason. Hopefully that gives some insight to her attitude.

Last edited:
I liked her parts, they felt like a nice change of phase, and there weren't that many either. Yet the focus was placed on her too much in regards to the main story. I wish they had made Geralt get caught up in "earthly" matters more.

As for him losing the will to live. I don't buy it. He's been through so much, sure it would have made him sad, but normal people lose sons and don't break like that. And the witcher is anything but ordinary. Plus, he thought she was far away on another world at the beginning of the game, for all we know she went somewhere else and got stuck for some reason or another.

Well their destinies are bound together, so when he thinks shes dead, that could indeed lose his will to live.

I liked her parts, they felt like a nice change of phase, and there weren't that many either. Yet the focus was placed on her too much in regards to the main story. I wish they had made Geralt get caught up in "earthly" matters more.

As for him losing the will to live. I don't buy it. He's been through so much, sure it would have made him sad, but normal people lose sons and don't break like that. And the witcher is anything but ordinary. Plus, he thought she was far away on another world at the beginning of the game, for all we know she went somewhere else and got stuck for some reason or another.

To be fair, I think Geralt's abnormality is WHY he wouldn't be willing to go on. He's 100 years old and already tired of life with only Ciri and Yennefer keeping him going.

After the immense amount of crap he's endured and the horrible world he lives on.

Why WOULD he want to go on?

To be fair, I think Geralt's abnormality is WHY he wouldn't be willing to go on. He's 100 years old and already tired of life with only Ciri and Yennefer keeping him going.

After the immense amount of crap he's endured and the horrible world he lives on.

Why WOULD he want to go on?

Well, he is either reunited Yen, or has started a real relationship with Triss, so that has to bring some happiness to him. Perhaps if they showed they had fallen in battle too then yeah, I would buy it.

Actually if he ended up with Yen, she probably hid her grief by quarreling, yelling, treating him like crap, the usual, so I guess I can see that ending happening there too. C&C.

Top Bottom