• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone finally getting my point!

Definitely. CDPR has demonstrated they are good writers, and they could find a way to make a Kovir expansion that is satisfying for everybody. Lets hope that they can and are willing to allocate the resources to make that possible.

If they ever created a poll on the topic, my vote goes to Kovir. It depends on the choices, but I don't see a better setting mentioned in-game.

My personal hope is that Triss Merrigold will play a role in Blood and Wine. As we see with the Masquerade Ball, Triss is very good at dealing with things like pageantry and decadent snooty nobles. I think it would be interesting to also see Yennefer potentially there as well. Sadly, I don't think we'll get any more Ciri since this will be before the games are over.

I'm not so sure about the Oxenfurt one because the main character I want to see more in any sort of expansion dealing with that location isn't Triss or Yennefer, it's DANDELION. Dandelion was really kind of shafted in the Witcher 3 and I'd love to see more of him there. He also has a history at the place.

I want to see more in any sort of expansion dealing with that location isn't Triss or Yennefer, it's DANDELION. Dandelion was really kind of shafted in the Witcher 3 and I'd love to see more of him there. He also has a history at the place.
guess what, we'll have to save someone and then after saving that guy/gal we will have to save dandelion aswell because he probably did something wrong, as usual!

guess what, we'll have to save someone and then after saving that guy/gal we will have to save dandelion aswell because he probably did something wrong, as usual!

God damn Dandialion, if it wasn't so funny saving him all the time, I bet Geralt would hate his guts.

My personal hope is that Triss Merrigold will play a role in Blood and Wine. As we see with the Masquerade Ball, Triss is very good at dealing with things like pageantry and decadent snooty nobles. I think it would be interesting to also see Yennefer potentially there as well. Sadly, I don't think we'll get any more Ciri since this will be before the games are over.

I'm not so sure about the Oxenfurt one because the main character I want to see more in any sort of expansion dealing with that location isn't Triss or Yennefer, it's DANDELION. Dandelion was really kind of shafted in the Witcher 3 and I'd love to see more of him there. He also has a history at the place.

Would be fun to see Shani and Triss meet again in Oxenfurt DLC considering Witcher 1 rivalry over Geralt and seeing reaction, especially if there were variables where it could be played before or after now or never.

God damn Dandialion, if it wasn't so funny saving him all the time, I bet Geralt would hate his guts.

I'd say Dandelion is going to settle down but we both know it's going to be only a matter of time before he is run out of town again.

I personally can't see Triss and Yennefer participating unless these expansions are restricted to Act III. Before this point of time, it just wouldn't make any sense for them to be there while dealing with their own problems in Novigrad and Skellige.

I'd say Dandelion is going to settle down but we both know it's going to be only a matter of time before he is run out of town again.

Dandilion is a serial adulterer, can't really imagine the thing with Priscilla ending well. Kind of got the impression the more time she spent with him the more she grew to dislike him.

Already posted this much earlier in the thread, so repeating myself here somewhat.

Just imho, but reasonably certain no post-end game content is going to happen for the following reasons:
- There is no post-end game state
- 2 announced expansions all happen during the main story (if you have already finished the game, i guess you play those in pre-end game state after the ending)
- To have both post-end game and pre-end game DLCs/expansions at the same time would mean you are going to have to “timetravel” between zones which is incredibly weird and broken
- Scaling all the possible endings to accommodate post-end DLC/expansion is going to take unreasonably more resources than doing additional pre-end content

Also, echoing other posters, my personal stance is that fixing inconsistencies/errors with current content is far more important than building additional content on a “flawed” foundation. Noone here is going to say ‘no’ to additional Triss content of course, however, speaking for myself, ill be totally alright if there is 0 Triss in all the upcoming DLCs/Expansions, BUT they do a great, thorough job of fixing all the inconsistencies and shortcomings that are outlined in great depth and detail in many posts of this thread.

On another note, as someone who has experience working in game development, i know firsthand that post-release time is by far most frantic and stressful period for everyone involved in the product. There is unending stream of issues developers have to do deal with RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT. The issues we outline in this thread are far too complex to be fixed right this very moment, to fix them properly is going to require time and effort, that is why, i think, we received no dev reply in this thread so far. Having no dev reply to me means that they are taking this issue seriously - they are not saying anything they cant be certain of. Look at other feedback/suggestion threads with dev posts - they either “confirm” something they already had plans for (NG+) or “not confirm” something they didnt have plans for (post-end game state) - at least thats how i interpret their replies. The fact that they didnt post anything here means they are evaluating the issue to see what they are going to do about it. Pressuring devs for reply is only going to hurt our cause in the long run - we know for a fact that if they put their mind to it they can produce the highest quality content, they know how to do their job, no need to rush them. Now its an open question whether they are going to do anything about it, but there is no way devs are ignorant of our concerns and keeping this thread civil and constructive is our greatest asset if we want to get somewhere.

Exactly this. We need to keep the thread going constructively because that is ultimately going to help our cause the most. My experience is in business, and I definitely see the silence from CDPR as a positive more than a response. I am also confident that they are aware of the issue, and tracking it as we speak. There is no way that they have not noticed the growth and prominence of this thread. The patches they are releasing shows they are actively addressing technical glitches and issues at the moment, so we need to remain patient and resolved in our demands.

Also, post-end game material definitely does not look like a likely possibility from the product we have already. The final montages indicate that once the main story quest ends, the game is technically over narratively, and altering this would certainly require more resource pooling than pre-end game expansion. I think this would require them to financially invest in material that they have not budgeted for prior to the games release, and that is not something I see them doing right now in the early post-release stage of the game.

Of course there are numerous factors in how much additional financial support they are willing to give this series. Given their track record, I can believe it more than other developers, but it is still too early for them to make a decision. They are still collecting data on sales and returns, and busy with the maintenance phase to address the main concerns of this thread that they know will require more input then they can provide at the moment.

Last edited:
I personally can't see Triss and Yennefer participating unless these expansions are restricted to Act III. Before this point of time, it just wouldn't make any sense for them to be there while dealing with their own problems in Novigrad and Skellige.

Well, unlike Geralt, they can teleport.

Also, why would Geralt be in Touissant?

---------- Updated at 07:13 PM ----------

Dandilion is a serial adulterer, can't really imagine the thing with Priscilla ending well. Kind of got the impression the more time she spent with him the more she grew to dislike him.

It's doubly funny if you've read "The Sword of Destiny" as Priscilla is obviously based on Desi "Little Eye" who is one of GERALT'S love interests.

And Yen will just hop on the next boat (or teleport) to Kovir to watch the love of her life and her best friend living happily together? I don't know Yen personality good enough to say for sure, but with the little that I do know - That's kinda hard to believe.

Not to say I disagree to a Kovir DLC, quite the opposite, just giving my 2 cents.

Yeah, I think I agree with ya on that...Kovir might be an "either or" type DLC. Yen would have to be motivated by something...if Geralt and Triss were to marry, that sort of thing might draw Yen out there OR its clear if Ciri is in need of help, that would clearly do it.

It could be part of a two pack, one story if Geralt is with Yen then if he is with Triss it's told another way...same content just comes at ya in a different way.

Yeah, I think I agree with ya on that...Kovir might be an "either or" type DLC. Yen would have to be motivated by something...if Geralt and Triss were to marry, that sort of thing might draw Yen out there OR its clear if Ciri is in need of help, that would clearly do it.

It could be part of a two pack, one story if Geralt is with Yen then if he is with Triss it's told another way...same content just comes at ya in a different way.

Really, you could just do,

"Hey Geralt, something weird is happening in Korvir. Come help.
-Triss."

That's why there would have to be a very important thing to happen in Kovir to make Yen want to go there and meet G&T. Additionaly - Doesn't time heal wounds?

And causes scabs and pus and staff infection! Just thinking more along the lines of what kind of look Yen would give Geralt the first time Triss leaves the two of them together...Geralt will pray for the white frost!

---------- Updated at 02:34 PM ----------

Really, you could just do,

"Hey Geralt, something weird is happening in Korvir. Come help.
-Triss."

Yeah...he is a bit of whore dog isn't he...that line would work if signed by almost ANY sorceress ;)

Last edited:
Still feeling bad for letting Triss get tortured for a brief moment, on my first playthrough, I couldn't bear the thought of allowing her to get hurt, so I never got the treasure's location, now, for the sake of doing some things differently, I didn't went against it, but I was on the edge of my seat during the whole time.

Damn it.

For all the whinging about the PC graphics downgrade the last few weeks, right now they'll try to fix performance issues and few AI bugs.

As CDPR says here they plan to give the Witcher 3 alot of additional content, based on how things in the past.

"It's very important to stress: we are continuously working on the PC version, and we will be adding a lot of stuff, and there is more to come. We've proven it in the past that we support our games and we will be looking at the feedback and trying to make it better."

this is more important than some particle effects and mod tools.

Last edited:
Just thinking more along the lines of what kind of look Yen would give Geralt the first time Triss leaves the two of them together...

That'd be hilarious considering that CDPR has made one of the best (if not the best) facial expressions in a videogame.

Attachments

• A-Night-to-Remember-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-1.jpg
    A-Night-to-Remember-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-1.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom