Game fails to start 100% of the time, says I require DX11 when my system has DX11

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game fails to start 100% of the time, says I require DX11 when my system has DX11

Cannot start the Witcher 3. Same error occurs on startup everytime: "GPU does not meet minimal requirements. Support for DirectX 11 is required." This seems very incorrect as my GPU is more than DX11 capable and the drivers are confirmed latest.

Repro Rate: 100%
Platform: PC
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Drivers: GeForce 353.06

AMD FX-4100 Quad Core Processor (~3.6GHz)
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Cannot start the Witcher 3. Same error occurs on startup everytime: "GPU does not meet minimal requirements. Support for DirectX 11 is required." This seems very incorrect as my GPU is more than DX11 capable and the drivers are confirmed latest.

Same here. TITAN X, Win7 x64.

How about other high end games? Have you had similar issues? Or is Wild Hunt an exception? Run dxdiag just to make sure.

Last edited:
Haven't had any similar issues with other games. Was playing Civ 5 with DX11, just finished Witcher 2, Cities Skylines is fine... DXDiag is attached.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    66.5 KB · Views: 231
Haven't had any similar issues with other games. Was playing Civ 5 with DX11, just finished Witcher 2, Cities Skylines is fine... DXDiag is attached.

Very curious indeed. This happens after the 1.05 patch? Or have you been able to start it before?

Something's odd about your dxdiag. Your card should only be listed once (even if you use SLI). But its there 3 times.
I suspect old/interfering driver installations. Clean up and try again.

EDIT:
Also make sure you disable any integrated GPU's via BIOS options if you haven't.

Last edited:
And you tried to start it outside of the Galaxy client? Or do you have the steam version? I am just trying to get a complete picture here.

---------- Updated at 06:25 PM ----------

Something's odd about your dxdiag. Your card should only be listed once (even if you use SLI). But its there 3 times.
I suspect old/interfering driver installations. Clean up and try again.

EDIT:
Also make sure you disable any integrated GPU's via BIOS options if you haven't.

And other games just don't notice the messy situation? Why do other games run fine?

And other games just don't notice the messy situation?
Why do other games run fine?
Not about running fine or bad. It seems it doesn't start at all.
It would probably run very well if it would start, wich it doesn't.
Different games use different methods to check requirements and also react differently to the results of such checks.
Also Witcher 2 is not a DX11 game and Civ5/Skylines aren't as demanding games.

Tried it in Steam and outside with just the exe. Had never tried to launch it before until last night. Three listings is likely because I have three displays plugged into the one video card.

I am dealing with the same problem and I couldn't find any solution on forums or support faqs... Sent a report and waiting for response.

I'd just love to know if there was a way to skip the damn check at the start, as it seems like its only the game's false belief that I don't have DX11 that's keeping me from playing. :( I tried the "-dontForceMinReqs" launch option, but no go there.

Tried it in Steam and outside with just the exe. Had never tried to launch it before until last night. Three listings is likely because I have three displays plugged into the one video card.
Have you tried with just a single monitor?

Same issue with a single display. Just did a clean driver installation too, no go there.

I was also digging around in the various config files seeing if I could find something (no changes made). In performance.xml, I noticed the GTX 970 was missing from the list. Would that have anything to do with it?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?>
<performance>
<!--Tahiti XT [Radeon HD 7970/8970 OEM / R9 280X]-->
<device vid="1002" did="6798" preset="2" />
<!--Curacao XT [Radeon R9 270X]-->
<device vid="1002" did="6810" preset="2" />
<!--Tonga PRO [Radeon R9 285]-->
<device vid="1002" did="6939" preset="2" />
<!--GF110 [GeForce GTX 560 Ti]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1082" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GF110 [GeForce GTX 560 Ti]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1087" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GF110 [GeForce GTX 560]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1084" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GF110 [GeForce GTX 570]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1081" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GF110 [GeForce GTX 570]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1086" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GF110 [GeForce GTX 580]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1080" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1089" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x108b" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GF110 [GeForce GTX 590]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1088" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GK104 [GeForce GTX 660]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1185" preset="0" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GK104 [GeForce GTX 670]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1189" preset="1" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GK104 [GeForce GTX 760]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1187" preset="1" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GK110 [GeForce GTX 780]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1004" preset="2" fpslimit="30" />
<!--GK110 [GeForce GTX Titan LE]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1003" preset="3" />
<!--GK110 [GeForce GTX Titan]-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x1005" preset="3" />
<!--Geforce GTX 780 Ti-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x100a" preset="2" />
<!--GeForce GTX 980-->
<device vid="0x10DE" did="0x13c0" preset="3" />
</performance>

EDIT: Eh, doesn't look like it. I found the right DID for the 970 and added it in, corrected a few other values for it, but didn't change anything so just restored back to original performance.xml.

Last edited:
Ok, got my response.
In my case, my graphic card can't run directx11, so Witcher III won't run until I change my graphic.

Hi there. Wife bought me a witcher yesterday, so after i downloaded the game and some of free dlc stuff, the game did not want to start at all, wrote : did not meet minimal requirements. gpu directx 11 support missing. i have nvidia geforce gt 540m. so today i went to nvidias web page and downloaded and actualized a graphic drivers and all the stuff recomended by nvidia, so as java program ( in my laptop wasnt running before, so it might the actually the problem) and geforce experience, program which will look for your games in computer and optimilized settings for games you are playing. i played skyrim, this is optimilized perfectly, but witcher not. But anyway I can play it now, and i really looking forward to do it, after dissapointmen last night. I hope my thread will helps someone. Sorry for my english I am not native speaker. good luck, taso.

Has anyone else seen this? Thanks to some testing, confirmed this only occurs on versions 1.05 and 1.06. I was able to play the game on 1.02 for 30+ hours before I had to reinstall the game (due to some improper modding) and was unable to go back to the 1.02 version (GOG updated their default to 1.06).

So now I'm back to being unable to play the game. Tried a lot of things:
- Installed latest DX11
- Reinstalled latest video drivers
- Installed latest VC++

No clue why I can't run on 1.05 or 1.06, but it was glorious on 1.02. Would appreciate help from anyone, or some instruction on how to go back to 1.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom