Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not something that really bothers me, but yeah, would be very nice if we saw some more of Triss, though I think we will see more of her in the "Man of Glass" expansion :) Like Triss as a character a lot :)

When witchers drank in KM, and Lambert speaks - stay away from a dangerous women and Geralt answers that you can breathe easily, we are not couple anymore. Esquel suggests to talk about it, but when Geralt refused, I almost screamed in the monitor - yes, yes, you want to talk about it, tell them that you with Triss, tell them that she isn't the dangerous woman, but gentle, tender, kind, courageous. Tell them everything!

Yes, there needs to be something Geralt can say to at least acknowledge he is now with Triss, it is one thing to tell NPC's your Geralt isn't with Yen, but it is another to say he is with Triss and in the end there were plenty of missed chances. Still it may be added in an enhanced edition. :)

Hey hey! Crach, Hjallmar and Cerys an Craite are all pretty awesome even Lugos is pretty hilarious, but for other characters Geralt knows from the game series it is sorely lacking.

I just wish zones didn't become irrelevant for character interactions after the main quests for them are done... Just some dialogue to talk about well, anything to do with the plot or universe would be great.

We're nearly on 500 votes for Triss and 3000 posts overall, nicely done keep it up guys!

Well I have no relationship to the crach family to be honest. But I liked Mäussack a lot since he is like a venerable man :p

Crach was okay tho. I decided to let Cerys rule but she always talks about Yen and I felt like she wants Geralt too.

Hjalmar is just a wall bang. Wants to fight against everyone without using his head lol.

---------- Updated at 09:23 PM ----------

When witchers drank in KM, and Lambert speaks - stay away from a dangerous women and Geralt answers that you can breathe easily, we are not couple anymore. Esquel suggests to talk about it, but when Geralt refused, I almost screamed in the monitor - yes, yes, you want to talk about it, tell them that you with Triss, tell them that she isn't the dangerous woman, but gentle, tender, kind, courageous. Tell them everything!

Exact the same feeling here! Always refusing to talk about it no matter who is with him..

I'm writing this because honestly I don't feel like replaying this game that much. I play a bit, then do something else, come back, etc.
This is, in a way, completely new to me, I've never had an instance in which I enjoyed a game so much in my first playthrough and then had so many mixed feelings during a second.

Just a bit of info to get in context, I'm thirty-two years old, have a job, live together with my girlfriend, we've been together for 10 years. Gaming wise, I've played every single RPG that was remotely good for PC that came out since 1995. I've also read maybe five hundred books give or take, and none of them "romantic novels" except maybe the notebook that I borrowed from my sister's friend a long time ago, but that was another story.

The point I'm trying to convey is that I consider myself to be a normal person and also not someone who actively looks for "love" related stuff in fiction. Sure I appreciated when all the romances we put into RPGs, starting with Baldur's Gate 2, continuing with Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc. In all those games, it was always half about the emotional investment and half about let's try the other one and see how it goes. From Aerie/Jaheera, Leliana/Morrigan, I always tried all the options (except in ME2, it was about Miranda then). I was always well aware this is just a video game and it's all pixels.

Which bring us to the present, I'm still aware it's all pixels (I'm not crazy yet). But I can't help but feel, something, I can't even describe properly. Sadness perhaps? Sorrow? Frustration? Disappointment? Anger?

I've been trying to make sense of it by myself, since I can't exactly discuss my infatuation with a virtual girl with my real one. I have a feeling she wouldn't be too keen on discussing the topic.

Besides her great portrayal in this game, I think the way her narrative went might be the cause. Her entire arc was told as a big goodbye. You started to appreciate her character, yet at the same time had that feeling that you were preparing to part for good. And then the scene at the docks happened. And, paraphrasing the journal entry here "upon realizing that they might never see each other again, all the repressed feelings between them came back rushing like a storm." That's exactly how I felt, and was glad to have an option that represented that feeling.

Yet, in hindsight, the hard truth is that the "they never saw each other again" part remained true. That was not readily known when I was playing my first time around, and so I was free to enjoy the rest of the game. As the end neared though, I started to become really frustrated. And by the time it was all over, I got that feeling I tried to describe earlier.

It does leave the forefront of my thoughts from time to time, yet somehow trying to play the game acts as a reminder and after a while I end up closing the game out of frustration. It is weird, I know, but it is also the truth.

What I want to know is why was Triss reduced from a wise, witty and confident character that she was in previous games to a gentle and touchy-feely one? It just feels so odd. Such a stark contrast from who she was in the previous games. They really didn't pay much attention to her character. Didn't bother to even write her consistently with the rest of the series. Maybe it's a good thing that we don't get to interact with her much, because it's not the same Triss. I guess they had to reduce her awesomeness because Yennefer is supposed to be the strong, confident one. Such a shame.

What I want to know is why was Triss reduced from a wise, witty and confident character that she was in previous games to a gentle and touchy-feely one? It just feels so odd. Such a stark contrast from who she was in the previous games. They really didn't pay much attention to her character. Didn't bother to even write her consistently with the rest of the series. Maybe it's a good thing that we don't get to interact with her much, because it's not the same Triss. I guess they had to reduce her awesomeness because Yennefer is supposed to be the strong, confident one. Such a shame.

Touchy feely? She got in my Geralt's face several times.

@ltdk92 once again you have nailed the main idea of this thread. My hats off to you. :hatsoff:

I don't have too much to say but I would like you to know I agree with all that was said in this post.
If not romanced, she should still feel relevant to the story because the developers included her in the later segments of the game to begin with. Every minor character that appears in the final act is given dialogue and interactive moments, while Triss was sidelined as a background piece. She has appeared as an important member of the main cast in previous games by the devs and this should have been displayed in Wild Hunt to show continuity. The argument here is the game should reflect what it is suggesting: Triss is a close member of Geralt's inner circle.

Especially the bolded part here. She is a member of the inner circle. Based on what has occurred in the past, and barring even the player's particular romance choice, there's no denying that she is a major character. She assists in planning and execution of key moments and is one of your 'advisors'. There's simply no denying this. It just feels like she wasn't treated as such. Every other character is given some sort of interaction before/after Kaer Morhen and before the final battle. Except Triss. This makes her, as you said, appear as a background piece. It is most prevalent in Triss's case because she is a potential romance option, but based on her dialogue, or lack thereof, it sometimes feels as if she isn't. Wouldn't she have some concerns about Geralt dying at Eredin's hands during the final battle? Sure Geralt is extremely capable in battle but Eredin is the strongest foe they've ever faced. Even if she believes in him, a small part of her would be worried and she would be likely to voice some concern. It just doesn't fit with her character as we have come to know her.

She stands as the figure who is visibly excluded from the main cast, while simultaneously being elevated as important to the Ciri-Geralt-Yen relationship through NPC commentary.
An expansion that provides Triss content for both those who romanced and did not romance her, as well as focus on Geralt's other relationships and build the Withcer universe overall, would be satisfying to see from CDPR.

Just wanted to include those two points again because I think they are very good points. Any expansion that features her in a supporting role should do so not just because she is a possible romantic but also because she is an important character in her own right.

The things the game should have included for Triss

+ Triss should be present at Kaer Morhen if you romanced her with her own conversation to be had with her.

+ There should be a scene between her and Yennefer at Kaer Morhen, maybe a fight, maybe a reconcilliation.

+ There should be another conversation between Triss, Geralt, and Ciri where Geralt explains he's with her now.

And then Geralt can talk to Ciri about it.

+ There should be a scene with Triss in Skellige before the final battle.

Is this SUBSTANTIALLY more content? I don't think so.

But I think it shouldn't be oodles and oodles either.

This is exactly what I feel. This much content alone would make the entire main game much, much, (is three "much's" to many? I think not) much satisfying. This is my dream list as to what would get fixed in the game. I would also like maybe another small side quest about the relationship in general but I really think you got the major issues right here.

Are there any plans to mark if/when we hit the 500 vote mark?

I imagine we will be hitting it sometime today. There seems to have been a slight surge in the response-rate as of yesterday. :p

Yen would have to be motivated by something...if Geralt and Triss were to marry, that sort of thing might draw Yen out there OR its clear if Ciri is in need of help, that would clearly do it.

Just a quick question to you guys, sort of off topic I know. I know that Geralt and Triss couldn't have any kids of their own, I know there was some discussion earlier on the subject, but I don't really care one way or the other. But I like to think that at some point they would officiate their relationship at some point by tying the knot. Triss seems like the kind of lady that would go for a sort of fancy wedding. Anyways, my question is this and it is two parts: Would they invite Yennefer to the wedding? And if they did invite her, would she attend? Yen doesn't strike me as the sort of "being happy for others" kind of person. But I could be wrong. Maybe the book fans who frequent this thread could shed some light on my question. :eek:

I'm writing this because honestly I don't feel like replaying this game that much. I play a bit, then do something else, come back, etc.
This is, in a way, completely new to me, I've never had an instance in which I enjoyed a game so much in my first playthrough and then had so many mixed feelings during a second.

Just a bit of info to get in context, I'm thirty-two years old, have a job, live together with my girlfriend, we've been together for 10 years. Gaming wise, I've played every single RPG that was remotely good for PC that came out since 1995. I've also read maybe five hundred books give or take, and none of them "romantic novels" except maybe the notebook that I borrowed from my sister's friend a long time ago, but that was another story.

The point I'm trying to convey is that I consider myself to be a normal person and also not someone who actively looks for "love" related stuff in fiction. Sure I appreciated when all the romances we put into RPGs, starting with Baldur's Gate 2, continuing with Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc. In all those games, it was always half about the emotional investment and half about let's try the other one and see how it goes. From Aerie/Jaheera, Leliana/Morrigan, I always tried all the options (except in ME2, it was about Miranda then). I was always well aware this is just a video game and it's all pixels.

Which bring us to the present, I'm still aware it's all pixels (I'm not crazy yet). But I can't help but feel, something, I can't even describe properly. Sadness perhaps? Sorrow? Frustration? Disappointment? Anger?

I've been trying to make sense of it by myself, since I can't exactly discuss my infatuation with a virtual girl with my real one. I have a feeling she wouldn't be too keen on discussing the topic.

Besides her great portrayal in this game, I think the way her narrative went might be the cause. Her entire arc was told as a big goodbye. You started to appreciate her character, yet at the same time had that feeling that you were preparing to part for good. And then the scene at the docks happened. And, paraphrasing the journal entry here "upon realizing that they might never see each other again, all the repressed feelings between them came back rushing like a storm." That's exactly how I felt, and was glad to have an option that represented that feeling.

Yet, in hindsight, the hard truth is that the "they never saw each other again" part remained true. That was not readily known when I was playing my first time around, and so I was free to enjoy the rest of the game. As the end neared though, I started to become really frustrated. And by the time it was all over, I got that feeling I tried to describe earlier.

It does leave the forefront of my thoughts from time to time, yet somehow trying to play the game acts as a reminder and after a while I end up closing the game out of frustration. It is weird, I know, but it is also the truth.

Well first off don't worry about the pixel thing, you have a long term relationship in real life so you are not crazy! :).

Onto the point, i'd be lying if i didn't say Triss was someone i absolutely adore especially for a fictional character, she possesses a lot of desirable traits especially in her personality where we can believe that she is the best thing that could happen to Geralt. Romance in a video game is hard to do, a lot of the games i played in the past usually had your character acting nice to the girl and agreeing with what she said and then you would get a sex cutscene as a reward! that is not how i think romance should be portrayed, and it is always important to remember that romance is secondary to these kind of rpg games (that may change in the future but as of now that is the case). In the Witcher games however, any romance feels organic, where the romance can evolve but it will do so when it fits in with the storyline not before the final mission or at a set point (like Mass Effect for example).

Triss and Yen are characters that have such a defined personality, they feel real enough for us to have a defined opinion on them, there are plenty of games where the lead female characters are just there to be a romance option and nothing much more, but in these games, the major female characters have their own agenda and their own storylines, ones that we can interact with. The storyline in this game about Triss is bad in the sense that the player is nudged towards getting ready to say goodbye to Triss and moving on (in this case it is with Yen), That in itself feels like a natural storyline to those that want to be alone or pursue Yen, but for us players who feel strongly connected to Triss, it kind of feels out of place to convince her to stay in regards to what happens for the rest of the game. I think CDPR wanted to have those emotional scenes with Triss in this game, they just forgot or lacked to back it up with her role outside of those scenes, and that for a lot of people will leave a sour taste especially when they don't feel the need to play through the game again knowing they have to deal with it.

I have to agree with u 100%!

Im also a normal person and gaming is simply one of my hobbies. But I never had those feelings like in tw3.. As if the whole romance thing real and it really makes you suffer. I never cared so much about romance since I played tw3.

After the Novigrad quests with Triss I had that empty feeling. Like I was alone the whole time after that.. I cant explain that and cant tell you why. Its really weird

Pretty much this scene should have happened at Kaer Morhen w/ Triss and Yennefer.

Just replace Cerberus with "What you did to Geralt was wrong."

Pretty much this scene should have happened at Kaer Morhen w/ Triss and Yennefer.

Just replace Cerberus with "What you did to Geralt was wrong."

Yep there's that catfight people wanted lol

Yen and Triss are good friend though while Miranda and Jack would tear each other apart if they could, so i don't think it would work quite like that :)

I doubt that creating and adding new content with Triss related stuff to existing Vannila W3 is likely to happen (If it's not already created and planned to launch to EE), If I were to put my money on one of the ideas, It'd be DLC, much easier to accomplish, money wise and story wise.

But skellige needs ages for every questionmark with the small boat jumping into water killing sirens looting chest and that for around 100+ times.

I told myself I was going to find all those question marks but I gave up after about the 20th one. Decided I didn't need 50 more Skellige longswords. Especially since I had the schematics and materials for the Masterwork Witcher Gear I wanted and like 35k gold. So yeah, forget that. Those Sirens are annoying as hell. :X

Well since u said that.. I guess as "Geralt Merigold" he wont get a single contract

No one will ever take him serious again I guess

Oh and welcome back ! Or should I say "good morning" ha.

Yeah, who wants to hire the "Flower Witcher"? :lol: Maybe they're in short supply in Kovir and they can't afford to be choosy. Aha, thank you. Good "morning" to you too. :p

I felt the same way too but my real girl has some sort of infatuation with Garrus from Mass Effect and Fenris from Dragon Age II so I figured she would be more sympathetic. I tried to explain it to her in a way relating to Mass Effect terms and she said it would be bullshit if they did that to Garrus. She still likes to poke fun though so that kind of sucks but then I tell her at least my character got to live happily ever after with his lady and her character died trying to save everyone. :p

This is sort of how I felt. The first time through I played naively expecting some meaningful interaction with Triss to be just around the next corner. Now I know better and I cannot see myself playing it again for a little while. Probably around the 6-month mark or so when a lot of my frustration has died down.

Touchy feely? She got in my Geralt's face several times.

Yeah. She's not "touchy feely". At least I didn't see it that way. And I rather like what they did with her character and how she ended up. Remember, it's hard for her because she has spent her whole life competing with Yennefer and before when they had a real shot, when he lost his memories of Yen, it was easier for her to open up and show her true self. Now she's gotta keep her defenses up because she doesn't know how Geralt feels about her and where she stands in relation to Yennefer. I think they did a great job on her in this 3rd installment.

Aha, I am finally caught up from last night. Keep it up people! :p For the overnight update. We are approaching 115k views on the thread. We are less than 100 replies from 3000. And we have 572 votes in the poll (85.31% in favor of more Triss). A slight bump to the pro-Triss choice too. I believe the low point of this since I came in was around 82% but those number have rebounded. :)

I imagine we will be hitting it sometime today. There seems to have been a slight surge in the response-rate as of yesterday. :p

The interesting part is that lot of people still haven't finished this game, many people in college have just finished a semester and are on summer vacation trips. In just 2-3 weeks it balooned to 480-ish, in just a few weeks time I have a feeling the poll might double.

After all this ain't nobody, this is ms Polish Playboy!

That just reminds me how bad Bioware animations are.

To be honest ME2 is already more than 5 years old lets see how ME4 does it
Though DA:I sucked in that department too (and it doesn't have any excuses)

Last edited:
Just a quick question to you guys, sort of off topic I know. I know that Geralt and Triss couldn't have any kids of their own, I know there was some discussion earlier on the subject, but I don't really care one way or the other. But I like to think that at some point they would officiate their relationship at some point by tying the knot. Triss seems like the kind of lady that would go for a sort of fancy wedding. Anyways, my question is this and it is two parts: Would they invite Yennefer to the wedding? And if they did invite her, would she attend? Yen doesn't strike me as the sort of "being happy for others" kind of person. But I could be wrong. Maybe the book fans who frequent this thread could shed some light on my question. :eek:

I think she would come if Ciri asks her. But only then. I could imagine that after saving Ciri she starts to hate Geralt and Triss. Triss for trying to get Geralt by knowing about her relationship to him. And Geralt for being an asshole.. Cheating on Yen with her best friend. Yen already mentioned that the amnesia is no excuse for that. And also she is not that person that shows feelings everywhere

The interesting part is that lot of people still haven't finished this game, many people in college have just finished a semester and are on summer vacation trips. In just 2-3 weeks it balooned to 480-ish, in just a few weeks time I have a feeling the poll might double.

After all this ain't nobody, this is ms Polish Playboy!

Exactly, i know a few people who won't play the game until all the patches have been released, still early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom