Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I really don't have the time to read 20+ new pages every morning guys.

Morning. :)

Aha, you n00b. Get on my level. I kid of course. At least you're coming in to check on us pretty regularly. :p I'm here for two reasons: I think this is a good cause and deserves my support. I don't really know what else to do with my free time, and me being a recent college graduate, I seem to have an abundance of that. :sweat: The job offers ain't exactly rolling in for someone with just a Bachelor's in Biology. :X

W3 is going to have few DLCs by the end of 2016. To be honest, I think that having Triss in one of the DLCs would be more rewarding, rather than fixing existing content. Why? As for myself I'd say that after finishing the game, getting absolutely new content, (for the players who have already finished the game) would be much more exciting -> I'm not talking that I want Triss-full-exclusive DLC, but having her in one of the DLC would heal people's disappointments + new quests that are always awesome. I keep dreaming of Kovir playable area :D

I heard rumors that there is going to be an alternative appearance for Triss, is there any truth to that?

Morning. :)

Aha, you n00b. Get on my level. I kid of course. At least you're coming in to check on us pretty regularly. :p I'm here for two reasons: I think this is a good cause and deserves my support. I don't really know what else to do with my free time, and me being a recent college graduate, I seem to have an abundance of that. :sweat: The job offers ain't exactly rolling in for someone with just a Bachelor's in Biology. :X

A bachelor degree in Nutrition isn't getting me much either :(, this thread though is a great way to express opinions and compare them with others and in this case we are all working towards a common goal which is about TRISS!!!!,

---------- Updated at 09:19 AM ----------

I heard rumors that there is going to be an alternative appearance for Triss, is there any truth to that?
Yep part of the free dlc they roll out every week, it just hasn't officially been announced.

Hello guys, I just wanted to say that I support you with the vote for the more Triss content even though I'm in "Team Yen". I hope we can get more content for both of the ladies. :)
That is something we can all agree on, also thanks for the support :)

The job offers ain't exactly rolling in
Same problem here :p. Got a few interesting opportunities coming up though, so I'll probably have a little(lot) less time this week.

Been here pretty much since day one after no-lifing TW3 in like 4 days. So I've pretty much had every discussion there is to have. Still sticking around to support more/better Triss content - and who knows, someone might have a new interesting viewpoint or argument that we as a group hadn't thought of before :).

W3 is going to have few DLCs by the end of 2016. To be honest, I think that having Triss in one of the DLCs would be more rewarding, rather than fixing existing content. Why? As for myself I'd say that after finishing the game, getting absolutely new content, (for the players who have already finished the game) would be much more exciting -> I'm not talking that I want Triss-full-exclusive DLC, but having her in one of the DLC would heal people's disappointments + new quests that are always awesome. I keep dreaming of Kovir playable area :D

Yeah i am hoping that there will be characters returning in future dlc (including ones from previous games), i don't know if it will happen but at this point only CDPR know. Also i second your opinion on playing in Kovir, now that i would download straight away :)

There are so many great ideas floating around in here I figure I add my two cents tho it may not be worthy.

So to spice thing up a bit, I remember others suggesting that you complete Skellige then moving to Novagrad.

If the player complete Yen quest on Skelliga and the last wish and decides to end the relationship with Yen, after Geralt goes to Novagrad to complete Triss quest, when he first meet Triss after his conversation with the beggar king Triss say "Geralt I have a lot of things to take care of in town". "And Geralt respond he be glad to tag along". Right after that he could have said "really miss you Triss" and then ask how shes been.

During their conversation during the rat scene when Triss ask how is Yen? And Geralt said anything specific, when triss said "never mind already got my answer", Geralt can immediate respond with "I broke it off because I realize how much you meant to me and how much I care about you".

He is dropping hints that he wants to be with Triss.

Next, when they talk to Dijkstra and he made the love bird comment, and Triss asked why Geralt didn't correct Dijkstra, he could say because he want it to be true.

To make it more interesting during the entire Novagrad quest Triss is still unsure so she doesnt open up to Geralt, finally at the docks the most beautiful scene plays out after Geralt tells her he loves her.

After the light house, when he ask her to go to Kear Morhen, before she leaves she tells him she loves him, always have alway will, and she will wait for him at Kear Morhen. This time she actually goes to Kear Morhen to wait for Geralt. (Dev hint)

Geralt can broach the conversation with Ciri about his decision to be with Triss during their chat after Ciri wakes up during the island of mist quest.

Ciri can say something like she accepts his decision to be with Triss and it doesn't matter as long as they are happy.

In this scenerio I think the situation at Kear Morhen won't be so akward when Ciri and Geralt appear then Geralt and Triss can appear as lovers with no weird reactions.

P.s. Triss can slap the shit out of Yen for that kiss in front of Ciri at Kear Morhen, it was a low blow especially because she knew Geralt decided to be with Triss. JK No seriously tho slap that b***h

A bachelor degree in Nutrition isn't getting me much either :(, this thread though is a great way to express opinions and compare them with others and in this case we are all working towards a common goal which is about TRISS!!!!,

---------- Updated at 09:19 AM ----------

Yep part of the free dlc they roll out every week, it just hasn't officially been announced.

At least you guys have degrees, I am working on one in African studies, as interesting as it is, I can't really think of anything less useful :p

At least you guys have degrees, I am working on one in African studies, as interesting as it is, I can't really think of anything less useful :p

Lol, I can help you with that, I was born and raised in Africa.

We love you Triss. Love not like, LOVE.

keep the discussion alive, Triss needs some love.

Here are a couple wallpapers i made of Triss in case anyone was interested:

Attachments

• triss_wp2_1920x1200.jpg
    triss_wp2_1920x1200.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 52
  • triss_wp_1920x1200.jpg
    triss_wp_1920x1200.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 48
Actually, I was referring to this part:

Of course she was worried. The Hunt is the most powerful for they've ever faced. Not her fault that she didn't say anything. The REDs didn't give her any lines then. :p

Ohh this part :p Well ofc she worried. But after killing one by one there is no oh Geralt glad its over.. I was so scared that you will leave me..

Maaaan so much good parts where u can put some dialogues in.

I was looking back at the scenes with Triss during Novigrad, and despite the lack of content, i have to say that CDPR nailed the bit about them still having feelings for each other. I mean the first time you meet Triss and the almost shocked but happy look on her face when she says "Geralt" and he replies "Hey Triss", really showed the expressions in great detail, and later on when she asks how Yen is doing and then proceeds on to say "that's good" and "nevermind, i got my answer" - it is almost a representation of how much Triss is trying to move on but having Geralt back makes it hard to do and yet we the player can tell she is still holding a candle for him.

In fact almost every interaction with Triss during her quests were written superbly, it is almost a constant struggle for those two characters to move on and the game does try to push the player into enjoying those moments. I remember the Menge quest where Geralt thanks her for doing this and she says anyone could of done it only for him to reply with "no, not anyone", it was one of those moments where you could tell that the developers did put effort into this dialogue and that is why i don't believe her romance arc was an afterthought. Then of course outside of Novigrad in regards to giving back her earrings and the scene at the fountain were other examples of the thought put into it. We love Triss a lot because her relationship with Geralt is one of those things that hint at Geralt actually willing to have a life with her and that is rewarding for us players too (not just Geralt).

CDPR in my opinion are experts at making major characters feel fleshed out, and like i said before the facial expressions that Triss and Geralt showed to each other are so great that i struggle to think of any other game series that can match it (also the same can be said for Yen and Geralt, that was also done very well), i mean maybe Morrigan from Dragon Age comes to mind in terms of a relationship evolving, and while there is a lack of interacting with Triss (and some plot holes), what they did create especially in Novigrad was done so well that i think it is easy to fall in love with these particular characters. I could almost argue that the game makes it easy to romance both Yen and Triss because they both are important to Geralt, (and makes it hard to reject them due to the emotional scenes) and effectively that means to us as well (of course you end up alone if you do that).

I have to say that yeah the game pushes the player to letting Triss go, but i also see it as a way of saying 'if you want to be with Triss, you have to work for it' and that makes it all the more rewarding. However it is not all that rewarding because they lack of consistency with that choice really hurts the game and our playthrough and that is such a let down especially after those incredible dialogue, scenes and hints between the two. So what is there is great, but what wasn't there makes it feel all the less meaningful.

---------- Updated at 10:33 AM ----------

keep the discussion alive, Triss needs some love.

Here are a couple wallpapers i made of Triss in case anyone was interested:

Awesome screenshots, i am happy it has Triss from the Witcher 2, that was one game where she got plenty of love :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom