Nilfgaard versus the North - who should be in charge of what in the next game?

+
I don't believe that sequels can drag down original films. I also think with that attitude, we'd have never gotten Assassin of Kings or the Witcher to begin with.

If the next game or the game after or the game after that sucks, I won't buy it.

But until then, I will.
I could name you a lot of examples of series in which the first one was good, the second one was great, the third one was still good and everything after that a mere disaster...

It seems that in almost every work of fiction there is a certain creative "climax" reached at some point, most often in the second or third work, especially in movies and games.

And I certainly don't want a game on Ciri, not after what they did to her in TW3...

I could name you a lot of examples of series in which the first one was good, the second one was great, the third one was still good and everything after that a mere disaster...

It seems that in almost every work of fiction there is a certain creative "climax" reached at some point, most often in the second or third work, especially in movies and games.

And I certainly don't want a game on Ciri, not after what they did to her in TW3...

You're absolutely right.

And it doesn't change that everything until that point is often worth it.

I also disagree about Ciri with the force of a thousand exploding suns.

But isn't this about Nilfgaard and the North?

Kovir is a good place for her. The lodge very strong in the court and people tolerate mages, so she will be fine. Next move? Just wait till the next North vs South or when Radovid/Dijkstra dies, she's sorceress, she has that time.

Yes, Kovir would be better for her.

Anyway, the canonical ending should be:

1) Continent - Nilfgaard wins. Why? First, Emhyr shall survive, because he is an interesting character and because books imply he promotes Peter Evertsen in 1290. Long live the Emperor!

And quite frankly - Geralt abandoning Roche? Never.

Temeria is a vassal state of Nilfgaard with Anais as its ruler and Thaler as a regent. Redania and Kaedwen conquered by Nilfgaard.

2) Skellige - whatever, I prefer Cerys, because Geralt would help her in the quest.

3) Ciri - definitely not the future Empress, she becomes the witcher and travels across the worlds

And yes, I do not think that Ciri should be the main protagonist of the next game. She is overpowered.

And yes, I do not think that Ciri should be the main protagonist of the next game. She is overpowered.

1. Eh, they can fix that with in-game reasons.

2. How else can we explain Fast Travel as a system?

:)

Last edited:
IMO there is only one option: prequel
Witcher 3 ends the story once and for all, because its endings have too much variety. There is no way to continue its story, because it is impossible to base on so many variables, if continuing the story after witcher 3.

So
I think next game is going to be a prequel. Main hero can be whoever CD project decides, most likely not Geralt.

1. Eh, they can fix that with in-game reasons.

2. How else can we explain Fast Travel as a system?

I just think she deserves peace. Once you take her, you should also have Geralt returned and so on.

And her power. Well, if she is getting stronger over time...but I undestand why you want her back.

I think next game is going to be a prequel. Main hero can be whoever CD project decides, most likely not Geralt.

Why not sequel? For example 15-20 years later when Emhyr is gonna die. Succession crisis and civil war in Nilfgaard, that's what I want.

Last edited:
IMO there is only one option: prequel
Witcher 3 ends the story once and for all, because its endings have too much variety. There is no way to continue its story, because it is impossible to base on so many variables, if continuing the story after witcher 3.

So

Eh, there will be a lot of Branch Cutting.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CuttingOffTheBranches

uh ok, it might work, but there is going to be too much rant.
Actually there is already :D
Ppl rant that their W2 choices don't matter in W3.

Honestly, it might be good to leave a few LESS choices next time since it's damned near impossible to tell a story like that unless you're Bioware.

Top Bottom