New Patch for xbox?!?!?!

+
New Patch for xbox?!?!?!

I see that pc and ps4 got a new update and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the 1.04 xbox one patch. Because I though they were going to release the patch with te nilfggard armor and the elite cross bow dlc.

Still in the MS cert process. Seems Sony just skipped the cert process and put it out seeing as their patch came out mins after the PC patch.

ms need do the same and the devs need to stop saying it will be "soon"

and what exactly would you like them to tell you?? once it is in MS's hands, that's all the info they get.. it's not like MS said ok this will take 1 week, and they are holding back the info.. they know no more then you do at this point, for a release date..

I agree, the patch for xbox should be live today, because last patch (1.03) was out three days after the pc and ps4 patch, but it woould be nice to have a word from a dev about this,:question:

everyone know ms has a long prossecing time they should have gave it to ms a week before hand instead of telling people it will be soon

It's weird because I have a friend who works in the video game industry and this weekend I asked him how it works, and he told me that Microsoft have a "follow the sun" schedule 24/7, and also he told me a patch like this usually isn't more than 2 days.
So if CDPR deployed the patch last Friday it's taking too much... By the way upload those patches it's hell a lot of money for the developer.

Sony took the best approach,like he is doing lately if you ask me, they skipped the process or rushed it. So yeah Microsoft sentence:it's all about the gamers. my arse. =/

The reason Microsoft doesn't just skip the cert. process is because they don't want the patch to break the Xbox One or the security of Xbox Live. Imagine how much angrier people would be if Microsoft just skipped the cert and the patch ended up bricking the Xbox One? People would be outraged and saying Microsoft should have just taken the time to scan through the code.

It's as they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Sony definitely skipped their own cert process on this since the PS4 patch came out minutes after the PC patch.

The reason Microsoft doesn't just skip the cert. process is because they don't want the patch to break the Xbox One or the security of Xbox Live. Imagine how much angrier people would be if Microsoft just skipped the cert and the patch ended up bricking the Xbox One? People would be outraged and saying Microsoft should have just taken the time to scan through the code.

It's as they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

As far as I know, they only check some guidelines to follow, as: the user/player cant be more than 15 seconds with a still screen without new info etc...things like this.

It is so painful to sit here waiting for a patch that everyone else has had for days. I really hoped it would be here today.

Knowing MS is preventing the release of the update, They should have done better scheduling for all platforms and NOT let us wait while the others and enjoying it 1 week ahead. There are some really bad GAME BREAKING bugs in the game, and its not right!

As far as I know, they only check some guidelines to follow, as: the user/player cant be more than 15 seconds with a still screen without new info etc...things like this.
That was part of the old cert process (360, we knew through some leaked documents). Now AFAIK they don't give a slightest damn about those things, not anymore. They still check for potential malicious code though. And I'm pretty sure I'd be pissed right now if I owned an PS4 and saw Sony skip its cert process altogether to please some fans.

Security should be paramount, period.

Last edited:
"Sony skip its cert process" do you know it for sure? I think its just a speculation, nothing more. A bad decision making on CDPR behalf thats what it really is. Its a critical patch we're talking about, not just another DLC.

Last edited:
That was part of the old cert process (360). Now (AFAIK) they don't give a damn about those things. They still check for potential malicious code though. And I'm pretty sure I'd be pissed right now if I owned an PS4 and saw Sony skip its cert process altogether to please some fans.

Security should be paramount, period.
Yeah, I get your point, and surely you are right, but if this process takes X time, its time players don't get the game properly working and sometimes with game breaking bugs. They should invest more assets to improve the time.
Anyway you are right, security should be paramount , it's just I'm waiting too much to play this PURE GOLD game =)

---------- Updated at 09:11 AM ----------

"Sony skip its cert process" do you know it for sure?
Nope, of course I don't know for sure. But it's that or they assigned loads of resources to test it so quick.

"Sony skip its cert process" do you know it for sure? I think its just a speculation, nothing more. A bad decision making on CDPR behalf thats what it really is. Its a critical patch we're talking about, not just another DLC.
There's no "first party" certification on PC. So either CDPR held back the PC patch on purpose (waiting for Sony cert), either Sony skipped the certification process altogether.

I know it sucks that certifications are taking so long. But I'd rather have a secure XBL and a game that won't fuck up my system than having the patch a few days earlier.

It's not like these patch are fully tested anyway, CDPR is in full rush mode trying to finish the game now that it has been released to the public (not that they're the only ones doing that, mind you).

It's not like these patch are fully tested anyway, CDPR is in full rush mode trying to finish the game now that it has been released to the public (not that they're the only ones doing that, mind you).

My complain inst to CDPR but Microsoft, anyway, first world problems ^^

I stopped playing after completing Act 1 (I believe - just returned from Skellige) mainly because I have done all the side missions etc and now way above the story mission level - seems pointless to do anything and NOT get XP rewards for doing them!

I really want to get on nd play but waiting and waiting for this patch....

Top Bottom