The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly what I said in the previous exchange.
There was never a "demand", Triss always volunteered the help.

Demand:

an insistent and peremptory request, made as if by right

ask authoritatively or brusquely.

Can you tell me?
is a question. Tell me everything is a demand. Nothing else to say on that, really.

And yes she did volunteer, after lying and telling Geralt she was the love of his life. Seems kind of sketchy for her to only volunteer to help after he starts piecing stuff together. Triss told her own edited version until they had a long conversation about the whole thing and Geralt insisted on knowing everything, even the stuff she doesn't want to tell him. Still not sure what is in question here.

Demand:

Can you tell me?
is a question. Tell me everything is a demand. Nothing else to say on that, really.

And yes she did volunteer, after lying and telling Geralt she was the love of his life. Seems kind of sketchy for her to only volunteer to help after he starts piecing stuff together. Triss told her own edited version until they had a long conversation about the whole thing and Geralt insisted on knowing everything, even the stuff she doesn't want to tell him. Still not sure what is in question here.

I'm confident I know what demand means which is also why I am confident, it didn't happen.

don't remember much of her lines in Witcher 1 wouldn't be at all surprised she flatout lied and told him she was "the love of her life" but thats not what I remember from the game at all, I do remember she implying there were romantic feelings between the 2, tho I don't consider that a "flatout lie" either, since. well they were romanticaly involved, even if he didn't love her.

and we have a fundamental divergence in what you consider a "demand"
"tell me everything" is not a demand at all, its a request (which is the exact opposite of what a demand is)

Don't know why you are making the argument "she used his amnesia" I never said anything contrary to that, and I would like to add, NONE of Geralt's friends disclosed anything about Yennefer either

again the core issue: HUGE difference between having a cooperative Triss, and a Triss that requires "demands".

Last edited:
Demand:

Can you tell me?

Don't bother. I tried to explain it to him in great detail and he didn't listen to me, he didn't listen to the facts. I doubt he'll listen to you. He prefers his own perfect head-canon version of Triss instead of the real Triss from the books and games. Triss fanboys like him don't like to be reminded that their waifu isn't perfect and actually manipulated Geralt multiple times during the books, during TW1 and during TW2.

I'm confident I know what demand means which is also why I am confident, it didn't happen.

don't remember much of her lines in Witcher 1 wouldn't be at all surprised she flatout lied and told him she was "the love of her life" but thats not what I remember from the game at all, I do remember she implying there were romantic feelings between the 2, tho I don't consider that a "flatout lie" either, since. well they were romanticaly involved, even if he didn't love her.

and we have a fundamental divergence in what you consider a "demand"
"tell me everything" is not a demand at all.

Dude, what? Tell me everything is a demand. Demands make no room for disagreement or rejection of what you're saying. I don't really understand why you're debating the definition of a word. Definitions by nature aren't meant to be left up to interpretation. It either is or is not something - you must tell me is totally a demand.

Also her spinning their one-time romantic involvement (which, in the books, she sort-of date raped him with magic) as a great love is a lie. Both a lie of omission and just a straight-up lie. If someone withheld information from you about your involvement with them for their own personal gain (that being her consistent access to getting into Geralt's pants), would you not feel cheated and violated? I certainly would.

No arguing that Triss is a horrible person. She has good qualities. She just isn't innocent.

Don't bother. I tried to explain it to him in great detail and he didn't listen to me, he didn't listen to the facts. I doubt he'll listen to you. He prefers his own perfect head-canon version of Triss instead of the real Triss from the books and games. Triss fanboys like him don't like to be reminded that their waifu isn't perfect and actually manipulated Geralt multiple times during the books, during TW1 and during TW2.

here we go again...
guess you just can't let it go... *sic*

Dude, what? Tell me everything is a demand. Demands make no room for disagreement or rejection of what you're saying. I don't really understand why you're debating the definition of a word. Definitions by nature aren't meant to be left up to interpretation. It either is or is not something - you must tell me is totally a demand.

Also her spinning their one-time romantic involvement (which, in the books, she sort-of date raped him with magic) as a great love is a lie. Both a lie of omission and just a straight-up lie. If someone withheld information from you about your involvement with them for their own personal gain (that being her consistent access to getting into Geralt's pants), would you not feel cheated and violated? I certainly would.

No arguing that Triss is a horrible person. She has good qualities. She just isn't innocent.

I respect your opinion, but I heartily disagree.
honestly fed up with the subject already, too much spam and harassment over it today, you understand if I wanna move on from this particular issue's discussion .

And I never said she was innocent, never even attempted to deny she took advantage, unlike above obsessive poster I have no agenda to push, I just do not in the slightest see the events in witcher 2 as a "demand" whatsoever.

no I dont disagree with the posted definition, I just dont see at all, that it fits what happened.

Last edited:
here we go again...

Why are you talking to me? Let it go m8.

---------- Updated at 11:04 PM ----------

honestly fed up with the subject already, too much spam and harassment over it today, you understand if I wanna move on from this particular issue's discussion .

And I never said she was innocent, never even attempted to deny she took advantage, unlike above obsessive poster I have no agenda to push, I just do not in the slightest see the events in witcher 2 as a "demand" whatsoever.

no I dont disagree with the posted definition, I just dont see at all, that it fits what happened.

What she said wasn't really an opion m8, it's a fact. Can't argue with facts, you said it yourself.

Let it go m8. Just admit you were wrong and let it go, there is no shame in that.

Why are you talking to me? Let it go m8.

---------- Updated at 11:04 PM ----------

What she said wasn't really an opion m8, it's a fact. Can't argue with facts, you said it yourself.

Let it go m8. Just admit you were wrong and let it go, there is no shame in that.

I dont argue against facts, I just don't recognize your authority to declare them.
its you who isn't letting go m8, ever since I disagreed with you you havnt been able to stop flooding my dialogue with other people with harassment, quite frankly it is very disturbing behavior.

here we go again...

Kind of fed up too honestly. That's fine - if that's your stance, then so be it.

Picture because too much text:

EDT: pic broken, oh well :(

Last edited:
Kind of fed up too honestly. That's fine - if that's your stance, then so be it.

Picture because too much text:

I saw that picture, a friend linked it earlier today and someone else posted it in the Yennefer of Vengerberg thread. That person who drew that is really talented and obviously loves Geralt+Yennefer! :D

Oh god, watching Triss and Yen fanboys fight is a whole lot more entertaining than I thought it would be xD

Only the Duty vs Freedom arguments in STALKER forums are better...

But ... still it is disheartening to see the literature/RPG elite bicker like that...

Only the Duty vs Freedom arguments in STALKER forums are better...

But ... still it is disheartening to see the literature/RPG elite bicker like that...

You're right, I never understood why some people really care so much how OTHER people play the game, this is after all a singleplayer title. Isn't the whole point of an RPG with choices that there is no canon, that we all decide what Geralt does, and who he ends up with?

It's quite simple: fans of the books want books to be canonical, while fans of the RPGing in general want their choices to matter. That's where all discussions about Triss and Yennefer originate from.

It's quite simple: fans of the books want books to be canonical, while fans of the RPGing in general want their choices to matter. That's where all discussions about Triss and Yennefer originate from.

The books have canon, I mean it is a book -.- Would the book readers rather not have any choices at all? If you're supposed to have canon then they shouldn't really play choice driven RPGs.

This argument has turned into the Myth of Sisyphus...just when you see some semblance of mutual understanding, someone comes in, says something, and kicks the proverbial boulder right back down the mountain...twenty responses later they understand each other and then...down it goes again. :wallbash:

This argument has turned into the Myth of Sisyphus...just when you see some semblance of mutual understanding, someone comes in, says something, and kicks the proverbial boulder right back down the mountain...twenty responses later they understand each other and then...down it goes again. :wallbash:

Well, as long as we all agree Triss is best, its all good ;)

I think it's pretty cool that for the majority of players, the most compelling choice in the game is whether or not you're going to dump a woman who doesn't respect you for a woman who doesn't respect herself.

Pretty much this.

Well, sort of. I do think the books are the highest tier of canon when it comes to The Witcher and the games are secondary. In my opinion the books can't be easily dismissed. I know CDPR altered some dates of events that happened in the books (for whatever reason) so when I play the games I stick to the dates provided by the games, but I don't consider those dates to be canon. The dates provided by the books are the real canonical dates. Same goes for other little inconsistencies between the games and books (luckily the amount of inconsistencies are very few and far between).

Of course that doesn't mean I don't want my choices in the games to matter. I do like to see proper consequences to my choices. But if my choice or the consequence of that choice in anyway contradicts the canon from the books, then I'll consider that choice and/or consequence as non-canon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom