Looting

+
Looting

If you are like me and must loot every single container you come across, this game is basically the anti-christ of that obsession.

Because either due to poor placement, buggy controls, detection mechanism to trigger the loot ability, or some combo of the three - the game world puts containers that:
a) you can highlight as lootable, but just can not get the loot ability activated due to some other object taking precedence for the activate ability -e.g. blacksmith table right next to container

or

b) some other game world object seems to act as a collision between the lootable object and triggering the loot (E) ability - e.g. barrel placed next to, under, besides a cross bar, two-by-four over a boat with barrel beneath it, etc - you will forever get the highlight for lootable object, but unable to trigger the loot ability OR you can get the loot trigger but only if you perfectly position yourself over/ near the loot object

The torture is you never know if it is the can't ever loot block, or must position yourself perfectly block.
e.g. I just spent 58 min trying to loot a barrel that is totally in the open, other than a two-by-four from a boat structure hanging over the barrel. That two-by-four seems to block all loot trigger. But in another case, I spent nearly as long and finally found a way to trigger the loot.

So CPDR - kudos for the brilliant game. But rotten eggs to whomever map/level designer decided to place objects next to non-detectable or collision objects.

I much prefer the shelves that are high up on the walls that get highlighted but you can never reach !

I much prefer the shelves that are high up on the walls that get highlighted but you can never reach !

You can get those sometimes. The trick is to stand on an object yourself (like a bed or draws), so then you're on the shelves level.

Seems like that particular apple or water or whatever is in that box is the quickfix for that moment's OCD ;D

Does anyone else feel the need to loot everything in sight?

I wonder how much further i would be in the game if i didnt open everything i came across. i guess i feel like since sometimes you can find good stuff or new things to make i dont wanna miss something good.

I don't loot items in villages but I do loot things from bandit camps, caves, abandoned buildings and stuff. I don't think you will miss something good for not looting everything. What I do, however, is to open up chests that look like treasure chests if I find one in the villages and close it if it doesn't contain anything interesting :)

as was any other rpg with and abundance of loot everywhere ... skyrim was probably even worse ...

At least in Skyrim (and other Elder Scrolls titles) you could play a thief using shadow and stealth.

Skyrim (et al) - Professional Mature Thievery

TW3 (et al) - Amateur Teen Shoplifters

And yes, it is best to at least have a look at what loot something has. High end crafting components and formulae/recipes are everywhere. You just have to give into that desire to pocket the lot. :p

Last edited:
I wish that there was a mod that would automatically acquire all items from fallen enemies automatically after combat, instead of having to loot each body. I guess I just don't understand why you need to go around pressing E on every body - it doesn't add any challenge or disincentive.

I guess I just don't understand why you need to go around pressing E on every body - it doesn't add any challenge or disincentive.

Overburdened/Junk Loot. When picking clean the bodies of your fallen foes, think before you scavenge. especially when you are level 35 and just dispatched some level 7 mobs that you run into while out exploring.

If you are like me and must loot every single container you come across, this game is basically the anti-christ of that obsession.

Because either due to poor placement, buggy controls, detection mechanism to trigger the loot ability, or some combo of the three - the game world puts containers that:
a) you can highlight as lootable, but just can not get the loot ability activated due to some other object taking precedence for the activate ability -e.g. blacksmith table right next to container

or

b) some other game world object seems to act as a collision between the lootable object and triggering the loot (E) ability - e.g. barrel placed next to, under, besides a cross bar, two-by-four over a boat with barrel beneath it, etc - you will forever get the highlight for lootable object, but unable to trigger the loot ability OR you can get the loot trigger but only if you perfectly position yourself over/ near the loot object

The torture is you never know if it is the can't ever loot block, or must position yourself perfectly block.
e.g. I just spent 58 min trying to loot a barrel that is totally in the open, other than a two-by-four from a boat structure hanging over the barrel. That two-by-four seems to block all loot trigger. But in another case, I spent nearly as long and finally found a way to trigger the loot.

So CPDR - kudos for the brilliant game. But rotten eggs to whomever map/level designer decided to place objects next to non-detectable or collision objects.

Can you Aard the block out the way? Or igni the barrel. Those are fun.

I must stress again this wasn't a I need this fixed issue, or in grand scheme of things it ranks like anything higher than #999 on whatever list of stuff they have - it's why I called it OCD.

In most things I am completely normal, but I just have to loot every container in every game. Can't help it, it's like some nether world compulsion. Must....loot....box.....

And no, you can't Aard, burn, destroy, move or in any way interact with any object other than stray buckets that can get kicked over - and of course the favorite red exploding barrels. But even if you blow an exploding barrel right next to a normal barrel - nothing gets touched other than the red barrel.

Would be so much more interesting if the world was destructible, via your igni spells, sword hacking, etc.

One exception was a refuge camp though - i blew a red barrel and 3 peasants standing near it at first was untouched, but then those whacking sounds you hear when someone is taking damage from a dot started happening and then the 3 peasants died. It was glorious. I'm OCD about the red barrels too. Must burn.....burn

I just wish I had a better idea of what to keep and what to get rid of. I'm carrying a bunch of crap around on the off chance I might eventually need it for alchemy or crafting. The last thing I want to do is go on a scavenger hunt for an ingredient or crafting component I sold for 1 crown.

I just wish I had a better idea of what to keep and what to get rid of. I'm carrying a bunch of crap around on the off chance I might eventually need it for alchemy or crafting. The last thing I want to do is go on a scavenger hunt for an ingredient or crafting component I sold for 1 crown.

The only category of things that can't be bought that stands out for me so far is monster parts. It's nice to have all the other craft parts, but you can buy with gold for not too much extra premium the stuff for gear mats, runes, plant parts for arch, etc.

But while I'm still only on Act 1, haven't found a merchant yet that sells monster parts, so I'd say one good rule of thumb is never sell monster parts unless you have a huge stack, and then only sell half if you need to.

Plant parts I've found pretty useless, they are used so infrequently there's no real need to have more than 4-5. Some formulas call for 4 so I guess to be safe if you kept like 10 plant parts of each that would be good, but seems like you hardly ever use up plants since they are used mostly for 1 time crafting of re-usable potions and decoctions.

Top Bottom