Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No this quest Fools Gold is bugged for me for sure next one added to list. I watch a lot of videos on YT and saw what have to happend.there. I cant interact with pigs, when witcher enter house he dont sense magic in those pigs so i cant talk with this wierd guy about thos villigers and he didnt give me a key. Honestlly i love wicher after a release i was happy to wait for week w/o playing for patch to fix my first problems because it is big game and they cant check everything it is worth my time but if CDPR releace bugged DLC even befor previous probles with game arent fixed yet thats mean they have there 4m copies sold and start to dont give a f*** about rest. Sorry but sweet honey time ended for me and i become more angry then happy with this game. What i read on this and other forums ppl are tired with this all over internet. For now CDPR start to look more like EA/ubisoft etc then what they were few weeks ago. Sorry it is my renting about this coz i am tired now i have few broken quest on my list already, gangs of navigrad was failed for me coz every option i choose witcher said that he isnt interested in his proposal and every day i found new problem. Dont take me wrong i think witcher 3 is best game i played latelly i am glad that i bought it but it seems that they need more time with this and they rush release and they hear co many sweet words about game so they forgot about things that are broken. I am sorry but i had to let off some steam:(

Last edited:
You can't do that right now.

Happened to me as well in Skellige after fighting some harpies. Combat music still plays on background. Can't use crossbow, bombs blowing up on your face.

I resolved it by going to combat again. Searched for drowners and killed them. Afterwards game returned to normal.

The light Feline armor weighs more than the medium Griffin armor as well as the heavy Ursine armor. This applies to all pieces of the Feline School armor, for example:

Feline Chest weight: 12.22
Griffin Chest weight: 6.67
Ursine Chest weight: 8.36

Multiple unexplained crashes

I have been having random unexplained crashes - [PC] 1.05 The game seems to be complaining about a missing file.

Logs attached

View attachment 16830View attachment 16831View attachment 16830

Something else I've just noticed too - Roach says "Prrrrrrrrrr" not Geralt why is Geralt making horse noises or has he something in his pockets we don't know about?

Attachments

• witcher3.exe_crash_20150507_160132426.crashinfo.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 65
  • witcher3.exe_crash_20150507_235341904.crashinfo.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 98
  • witcher3.exe_crash_20150508_005528214.crashinfo.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 69
  • witcher3.exe_crash_20150508_034901936.crashinfo.txt
    16.1 KB · Views: 68
  • witcher3.exe_crash_20150508_102920900.crashinfo.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
FPS/CTD Issues
Random crashing with even factory-overclocked GPU. Downgrading Core Clock to nominal resolve the problem, but it's not a good idea to do it every time before the game. My specs: MSI GTX670PE without custom OC, i5-3570K, 8гб Ram

after finding black pearl shell- Can't kill drowners on beach in Black Pearl quest, they kill quest giver and drowners are invincible

The Berengar's Blade quest is bugged and doesn't trigger. Theoretically(according to the guide) the quest should trigger as you loot a chest in Kaer Morhen and find Berengar's Notes. You should be able to ask Vesemir about them, but the quest fails to trigger, and you can't talk to Vesemir about it. Tested with a lot of different scenarios(looting the chest at various different points in the game: right when I arrived at Kaer Morhen, after completing some quests, etc.), nothing worked.

---------- Updated at 09:13 AM ----------

Oh and alchemy is bugged as of Patch 1.05, but I'm sure that was mentioned elsewhere as well. Can't create more than one of any items.

---------- Updated at 09:16 AM ----------

And there is a save-game import bug. For some reason if you have too many save games in your Witcher 2 directory, you can't import auto-saves, only manual ones. Problem is fixed by deleting or moving the majority of save files.

Not overclocking at all running on my gaming lappy ASUS G751JY its a 980M with 32 Gig of System ram - Quite happily runs the game on almost full detail.

I don't work for CDPR. I just made this thread and a mod was kind enough to sticky it. CDPR probably does have people who read these threads, employees have a RED flair that shows up next to their username. So no, I wasn't aware of the bug because I didn't experience it in my own game.

My bad in this case, I thought you are an employee of CDPR. Still it would be nice if the people from CDPR that read the threads respond to the them so that we know that they are aware of the situation and that they are looking into the matter. Sorry if It sounded like I was attacking you.

Feline armor, Griffin Armor, and Ursine armor; mastercrafted all have the same armor rating.

Geralt will automatically exit combat, while still surrounded by enemies, plus if an archer hits Geralt he will not go into combat until he closes in on melee opponents. Which is frustrating, because I can't deflect arrows when being shot from a distance. I have to bunny hop around until I close in.

There is a bug in the mission "Family matters".
The mission require us to investigate the rooms in bloody baron's house.
However, after I searched through the room and the hints told me to report to the baron.
I can't interact with the baron, and he just constantly say "er huh" when I press"E" to talk with him
Hope this bug could be fixed soon as I already completed the searching for ciri in nova grad and the island :( dont want to replay again

Hi. I just find Infinite gold bug. It's happened when i catch gold and reload save game; gold just retern in chest. It's in Vizima town, old castl. Proof in video:

Thanks, added to the list!

-South east by Candyle in Velen, bandit camp cannot be discover as I cannot loot the chest.

---------- Updated at 07:44 PM ----------

All three zones photographed.

The first bug is for people who cleared the are before the quest with that ghost in the well.
The second one cannot be activated as said and yes there is a !.
The last one doesn't give me option to loot anything as it already is or it's just like that.

This was very helpful, thanks a ton, it's on the list now!

In the "Family Matters" quest I took the key named "Rusty key" which i found in Tamara's Room and explored the house where I found the door in the cellar which was closed and opened with the key. Right after that I walked back into Tamara's Room where the key was spawned. The problem is that the key is a quest item and can not be removed since the door is unlocked.

Second bug
In the "Forefather's eve" quest after I i burned the corps of Pellar's father i saved right beside the burned corps, loaded and the corps was back again while the quest said that he was burned.

Awesome, thanks for the report, they're both on the list now!

Place of haunting cannot be cleared in Velen.

Ah I remember, that's the bugged out mining ghost. Added to the list, thanks!

In Skellige, is it normal to encounter the same Cyclops over and over after meditating? Encountered spawned mobs where Tyrion died over and over hence money exploit, not that big though but still you can do that over and over, fight them through the ruined fort then to the dock back and forth.

I didn't experience this but I'll definitely look into it and make sure it ends up on the list.

No this quest Fools Gold is bugged for me for sure next one added to list. I watch a lot of videos on YT and saw what have to happend.there. I cant interact with pigs, when witcher enter house he dont sense magic in those pigs so i cant talk with this wierd guy about thos villigers and he didnt give me a key. Honestlly i love wicher after a release i was happy to wait for week w/o playing for patch to fix my first problems because it is big game and they cant check everything it is worth my time but if CDPR releace bugged DLC even befor previous probles with game arent fixed yet thats mean they have there 4m copies sold and start to dont give a f*** about rest. Sorry but sweet honey time ended for me and i become more angry then happy with this game. What i read on this and other forums ppl are tired with this all over internet. For now CDPR start to look more like EA/ubisoft etc then what they were few weeks ago. Sorry it is my renting about this coz i am tired now i have few broken quest on my list already, gangs of navigrad was failed for me coz every option i choose witcher said that he isnt interested in his proposal and every day i found new problem. Dont take me wrong i think witcher 3 is best game i played latelly i am glad that i bought it but it seems that they need more time with this and they rush release and they hear co many sweet words about game so they forgot about things that are broken. I am sorry but i had to let off some steam:(

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, I'll make sure this ends up on the list.

Happened to me as well in Skellige after fighting some harpies. Combat music still plays on background. Can't use crossbow, bombs blowing up on your face.

I resolved it by going to combat again. Searched for drowners and killed them. Afterwards game returned to normal.

Interesting, thanks for the report. Any idea what might have caused the "you can't do that right now" message in the first place?

The light Feline armor weighs more than the medium Griffin armor as well as the heavy Ursine armor. This applies to all pieces of the Feline School armor, for example:

Feline Chest weight: 12.22
Griffin Chest weight: 6.67
Ursine Chest weight: 8.36

Thanks, I never would have noticed that. It's on the list now!

I have been having random unexplained crashes - [PC] 1.05 The game seems to be complaining about a missing file.

Logs attached

View attachment 16830View attachment 16831View attachment 16830

Something else I've just noticed too - Roach says "Prrrrrrrrrr" not Geralt why is Geralt making horse noises or has he something in his pockets we don't know about?

Thanks, you should definitely pass those logs along to CDPR here so they can take a look. Dunno why Geralt makes that sound, they even subtitled him as the one saying it haha!

FPS/CTD Issues
Random crashing with even factory-overclocked GPU. Downgrading Core Clock to nominal resolve the problem, but it's not a good idea to do it every time before the game. My specs: MSI GTX670PE without custom OC, i5-3570K, 8гб Ram

Hmm, have you ever had issues like this with any other game?

after finding black pearl shell- Can't kill drowners on beach in Black Pearl quest, they kill quest giver and drowners are invincible

Thanks for the info! How are the drowners invincible? Are you striking them and they just receive any damage, or do you just swing through them and fail to land a blow?

The Berengar's Blade quest is bugged and doesn't trigger. Theoretically(according to the guide) the quest should trigger as you loot a chest in Kaer Morhen and find Berengar's Notes. You should be able to ask Vesemir about them, but the quest fails to trigger, and you can't talk to Vesemir about it. Tested with a lot of different scenarios(looting the chest at various different points in the game: right when I arrived at Kaer Morhen, after completing some quests, etc.), nothing worked.

---------- Updated at 09:13 AM ----------

Oh and alchemy is bugged as of Patch 1.05, but I'm sure that was mentioned elsewhere as well. Can't create more than one of any items.

---------- Updated at 09:16 AM ----------

And there is a save-game import bug. For some reason if you have too many save games in your Witcher 2 directory, you can't import auto-saves, only manual ones. Problem is fixed by deleting or moving the majority of save files.

There is a druid close to gremist that does not give you a quest if you have already started it from a different point. But the druid still shows an exclamation mark.

See http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/39fflm/ for more information.

Cheers!

Thanks so much for all this info! I'm looking into the Barengar's Blade quest right now to see what's up with that. I've got the alchemy thing on the list, and I'll add the Witcher 2 save import bug to the list. Thanks for the Reddit link regarding the druid near Gremist, I'll be sure to take a look.

My bad in this case, I thought you are an employee of CDPR. Still it would be nice if the people from CDPR that read the threads respond to the them so that we know that they are aware of the situation and that they are looking into the matter. Sorry if It sounded like I was attacking you.

No worries, I hope they're reading these threads too!

Feline armor, Griffin Armor, and Ursine armor; mastercrafted all have the same armor rating.

Geralt will automatically exit combat, while still surrounded by enemies, plus if an archer hits Geralt he will not go into combat until he closes in on melee opponents. Which is frustrating, because I can't deflect arrows when being shot from a distance. I have to bunny hop around until I close in.

Thanks, added these to the list!

There is a bug in the mission "Family matters".
The mission require us to investigate the rooms in bloody baron's house.
However, after I searched through the room and the hints told me to report to the baron.
I can't interact with the baron, and he just constantly say "er huh" when I press"E" to talk with him
Hope this bug could be fixed soon as I already completed the searching for ciri in nova grad and the island :( dont want to replay again

Thanks, added this to the list!

To explain it furthermore as I don't think the explanation was too good.

The first bug occurs when a player completes the quest Devil by the Wheel before clearing the abandoned site. If that is so there is a chance monster will not appear ergo making it impossible for you to clear the area.

Region: White Orchard
Quest type: Side quest
Quest name: Devil by the Wheel

Also I found another quest where you cannot complete a treasure hunt/ gear hunt for numerous reasons Either you collected the items before and they won't count, you come to the cave but cannot activate the witcher symbol which is required in order to start looking for the gear or simply because the quest won't start properly.

Region: Any
Quest type: Treasure hunt
Quest name: Gear quests / quests in which you look for gear

Region - Velen (No Man's Land)

There's an abandoned village/site immediately Southwest of Lurtch (the Fool's Gold quest town) that I have cleared but is permanently left as a ?. I already received xp credit for clearing it and the villagers are back in it with the merchant and herbalist in it but on the map it isn't marked as a cleared out site and no amount of exploring around it will discover it.

Quest Bug: Hard times

Smith does not accept letter, Karl Trolde.

Happened to me while in combat. I think one harpy got stuck in the world. But controls specially keybinding on middle mouse button malfunctioned.

I'm not using any mod, updated to the latest patch.

Graphics bug (PC version): non-widescreen aspect ratios (5:4 confirmed, possibly affects 4:3) feature wrongly sized UI overlays, amongst other anomalies. See this thread for screenshots and further details.

Gameplay issue (all versions): can't climb out of waist-high water, causing the player to get stuck in certain areas/terrain and forcing a reload of a previous save. See this post for screenshots and related bug threads. Not sure if a bug per se but the limitation causes frustration and loss of progress.

Last edited:
Town - Benek
Quest - Phantom of the Trade Route Contract

At the end of this quest, you fight a Royal Wyvern on a cliff near a cave entrance leading to the cliff. However, for some reason, the wyvern frequently likes to fly into the cave entrance and then subsequently gets stuck inside the cave and frequently stuck in the walls of the cave allowing you to freely hit it to death at low risk. If it dies clipped in the wall, you become unable to loot it to complete the quest.

Crafting/Item Bugs
1. You can't craft looted runes to higher tiers. It tells that there were no runes. Only runes that were crafted yourself can be crafted to higher ones.
2. (Maybe desired behavior) You can't combine different tier one mutagens of the same color to craft a tier 2 mutagen.

Last edited:
Found another one. After completing the Tower Outta Nowhere quest there are 3 women standing around in Urialla Harbor(An Skellig island in the Skellige map). One of them has a quest marker above her, but you can't interact with either of them(same as that druid near Gremist's shop in the Druid Grove). This quest marker only appeared when I refused payment from the villagers for the Tower quest, so I assume it is a follow-up to that quest. The woman with the exclamation mark atop of her is the same one who says a few lines at the end of the quest.

---------- Updated at 01:57 AM ----------

There's an abandoned village/site immediately Southwest of Lurtch (the Fool's Gold quest town) that I have cleared but is permanently left as a ?. I already received xp credit for clearing it and the villagers are back in it with the merchant and herbalist in it but on the map it isn't marked as a cleared out site and no amount of exploring around it will discover it.

Yeah, that's another bug, triggered by Letho's quest. That is because you cleared that site before you went there with Letho. If you clear the site before doing Letho's quest, than that bugs out the marker. I cleared it once before doing the quest, and once after doing the quest. The latter doesn't get bugged.

Another bug: In the Price of Honor quest(on Faroe Island in Skellige) the chest which contains the dowry cannot be opened. You can't interact with the chest, even though you have the key and the chest shows the interact button. Tried it multiple times, it's a bug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom