differences between difficulties?

+
differences between difficulties?

Hello everyone,

i have finished my first playthrough on normal and now i started on DM.

My question is: Is there any diffenrence in number of gained xp for quests or some special loot, you can only get on high difficulties like in Witcher 2?
I have heared that you gain less XP on higher difficulties? i have arrived Velen and i'm still on lvl 3. i'm not sure, but i think on my first playthrough i was higher, when i arrived velen... (can't be the xp bug, because i started after patch 1.04 on xone)

Thanks.

as far as we know so far, only differences between difficulties are:
- enemy hp scaling
- enemy dmg scaling

the xp thing seems to be a myth ... at least there is no evidence supporting it in the game-files and sadly the AI doesnt change either

Hello everyone,

i have finished my first playthrough on normal and now i started on DM.

My question is: Is there any diffenrence in number of gained xp for quests or some special loot, you can only get on high difficulties like in Witcher 2?
I have heared that you gain less XP on higher difficulties? i have arrived Velen and i'm still on lvl 3. i'm not sure, but i think on my first playthrough i was higher, when i arrived velen... (can't be the xp bug, because i started after patch 1.04 on xone)

Thanks.
Very sad. It would be cool, if there is some extra stuff for the guys, who play it on DM.
But the xp thing is really strange.

i cant find the post about it anymore, but someone found the lines for scaling in the game-files and they listed dmg AND hp scaling (for enemies).

Nexus mods guys say that HP Scaling looks like that

Easy -80 or 90 % (cant remember for sure) of the standard modifier
Normal - 100
Blood Tears - 110
Death March - 180

Personally Death March turned out to be the sweet-spot for me, kept me using all the tools at our disposal throughout the whole game (which is what I call a good challenge) . Although Eredin is still laughingly easy, Caranthir is way more fun :)

I know for a fact Geralt's health does not change when you change the difficulty.

Oddly enough, your sword damage does, but only by a negligible amount. The damage difference between "Just the story" and "Death March!" is only 7%.

Nexus mods guys say that HP Scaling looks like that

Easy -80 or 90 % (cant remember for sure) of the standard modifier
Normal - 100
Blood Tears - 110
Death March - 180

Personally Death March turned out to be the sweet-spot for me, kept me using all the tools at our disposal throughout the whole game (which is what I call a good challenge) . Although Eredin is still laughingly easy, Caranthir is way more fun :)

i did now a quest on deathmarch, where i can remember the xp on normal ... i get 20 % less xp ... normally you get for every lighten ghost 50 xp and 100 xp for the last ...on DM i get 40 xp for every ghost and 80 and the end ...
a specific end of this quest gives you 500 xp on normal ... on DM i get 400 ... seems there is hp scaling

i did now a quest on deathmarch, where i can remember the xp on normal ... i get 20 % less xp ... normally you get for every lighten ghost 50 xp and 100 xp for the last ...on DM i get 40 xp for every ghost and 80 and the end ...
a specific end of this quest gives you 500 xp on normal ... on DM i get 400 ... seems there is hp scaling

I was talking about Health Point Scaling, I'm not sure about Experience poiny scaling. I don't actually think it exists. The differences youre talking about seem to be connected to tyour level IMO. I noticed that some quests gradually scale down the xp once you surpass the recommended level.

I did the Kings Gambit at level 18 and got around 1000 XP , On my second playthrough I did it while I was level 22 and got like 400-500 XP

I'm not sure though, this is just from my observation

I was talking about Health Point Scaling, I'm not sure about Experience poiny scaling. I don't actually think it exists. The differences youre talking about seem to be connected to tyour level IMO. I noticed that some quests gradually scale down the xp once you surpass the recommended level.

I did the Kings Gambit at level 18 and got around 1000 XP , On my second playthrough I did it while I was level 22 and got like 400-500 XP

I'm not sure though, this is just from my observation

was both playthroughs on the same difficulty? i'm very sure, that i do this quest in my first playthrogh on higher level and get more xp? that would be strange ^^

was both playthroughs on the same difficulty? i'm very sure, that i do this quest in my first playthrogh on higher level and get more xp? that would be strange ^^

Yep, DM:p I mean the first one i started on BB but I switched to DM by the time I reached Skellige. But I dunno, maybe you're right? or maybe were both right? or maybe were both seeing things? :p What I'm sure about is that the values for small things like freeing a village are identical.

Anywho, even if youre right and there is dome XP scaling connected to difficult, you still overlevel a bit too much , even on DM. They need to cut the huge xp bonus for battle of Kaer Morhem, its like 2 levels for free

Yep, DM:p I mean the first one i started on BB but I switched to DM by the time I reached Skellige. But I dunno, maybe you're right? or maybe were both right? or maybe were both seeing things? :p What I'm sure about is that the values for small things like freeing a village are identical.

Anywho, even if youre right and there is dome XP scaling connected to difficult, you still overlevel a bit too much , even on DM. They need to cut the huge xp bonus for battle of Kaer Morhem, its like 2 levels for free

Okay so maybe you don't mentioned it, because you play at the most on the same difficulty ... my first was on normal ... now on DM ... for the most quests i get 80 % of the xp from normal ...
i'm just finished the bloody baron quest now on my DM playthrough ... on normal you would get still more xp for the battle, so be happy :p but i remember ... yes i think there you get really two lvl...

Top Bottom