Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a video I made containing almost all of Triss scenes and dialogues(romance and non romance). The only scenes missing are:
-rose of remembrance(don't have a save with it)
-soldier statues( cut them out on purpose, didn't find them particularly interesting)
-some fighting scenes where Triss is involved( would require more editing then I am capable of)
The video clocks in at 1 hour and 12 minutes, my estimates are that if I added the stuff I mentioned is missing it would maybe reach 1 hour 20 minutes. The video starts when you first meet Triss and follows every dialog between her and Geralt until the end.

Last edited:
Oh man...all these words! Can't you just post this idea on YouTube so I can watch it on my iPhone???

;) I am kidding...incase my sarcasm doesn't translate.

I am a writer and what you are saying frightens me too...BUT, the new tech has made it much more simple to get published via Amazon. eBooks...I hate'em! I like to hold what I am reading, turn the page...BOOKMARKS! Sorry...old guy here.

eBooks... I dont like them, but they are still books. So that is +1 for literature all in all...

I noticed this trend both here in Bulgaria and western EU countries. Seeing some of the "stuff" posted as "comments" on Facebook or YouTube... yeah...

Here is a video I made containing almost all of Triss scenes and dialogues(romance and non romance). The only scenes missing are:
-rose of remembrance(don't have a save with it)
-soldier statues( cut them out on purpose, didn't find them particularly interesting)
-some fighting scenes where Triss is involved( would require more editing then I am capable of)
The video cloaks in at 1 hour and 12 minutes, my estimates are that if I added the stuff I mentioned is missing it would maybe reach 1 hour 20 minutes. The video starts when you first meet Triss and follows every dialog between her and Geralt until the end.
I have recorder for myself all cutscenes of main quests, side quests + Letho mission it all is 17 hours and only 1 hour and some minutes is cutscenes with Triss. It is so small. Painfully small.

Last edited:
Honestly, in my opinion, there HAS to be some at the top now rethinking this! I promise you, NO one in 2013 thought they would sell 4 mil copies in the first 14 days! They might have thought that at the end of 2014 as it was coming together and they KNEW they had something special but, plans for a company like this...they are formed 36-48 months in advance. thats why they call it a 'roadmap'. It shows what they are gonna do WAY down the road beyond the near future.

My money is on someone thinking about a duel development now...and just trying to find a way to say it and not look like they are surprised by TW3's overall acceptance and success.
well yes and no naughty dog with last of us wow what a story there i loved that game a master piece in its own right.. they have said themselves we had a story to tell and we told it we most likely won't revisit the joel and elle story even if we do do another .. which sucks with such potential .. and that game was left really open... witcher 3 one ending or another there was a ending for geralt what ever your choices i can't even say theres a best ending theres live with one or the other or keep hunting or the bad ending .. if there is or was a witcher 4 ending as such you would have to say sorry triss sorry yen not interested or the ill try for both and awww unlucky I'm on my own back to hunting monsters.. i really don't know if you can have a witcher without geralt as the main character .. its like having mass effect game without the shep !!

Last edited:
eBooks... I dont like them, but they are still books. So that is +1 for literature all in all...

I noticed this trend both here in Bulgaria and western EU countries. Seeing some of the "stuff" posted as "comments" on Facebook or YouTube... yeah...

Just for the record, I rarely use YouTube...the hit and miss quality of the content, well, lets just say I despise being 'Rick'rolled! :(

Oh, and two hours later I am caught up with this thread...sheesh! :D

Just for the record, I rarely use YouTube...the hit and miss quality of the content, well, lets just say I despise being 'Rick'rolled! :(

Understandable. The communities are toxic there. Problem is... they kinda represent certain problems young people have :(.

Ever seen the shit-storm of hate against the book readers of ASOIAF on GoT posts? Yeah, they deserve some of it... but knocking books due to that... barbaric.

Understandable. The communities are toxic there. Problem is... they kinda represent certain problems young people have :(.

Ever seen the shit-storm of hate against the book readers of ASOIAF on GoT posts? Yeah, they deserve some of it... but knocking books due to that... barbaric.
this would have to be one of the most friendliest forums I've been on I've had a disagreement with one arsehole on these forums because if any one made an opinion that wasn't in his precious f.cking books he would abuse and disagree with them out of shear spite .. everyone one else has been great if you like my comments you would reply if not then nothing said and the same respect is shown back .. not i don't agree so your a arse and I'm going to start a argument .. in all its been a great to post here!!

Last edited:
any one made an opinion that wasn't in his precious f.cking books he would abuse and disagree with them out of shear spite .. everyone one else has been great if you like my comments you would reply if not then nothing said and the same respect is show back .. not i don't agree so your a arse and I'm going to start a argument .. in all its been a great to post here!!
Sounds like he/she was an ass. But "precious f*cking books" aint something I like to hear either

I almost finished my Yen romance PT and it's pretty obvious that the first thing that needs to be fixed is the timing of the quests.

The Last Wish is active before we take Uma to KM hence after that quest Yen returns to KM and if you don't help her before you take Uma to KM the quest fails and you're able to apologize to her for not helping.

Now or Never is still active when we take Uma to KM so imo Quest should become active once we lift the curse on Uma(not before) so it means while we are dealing with Uma at KM, Triss is still busy with the Mages in Novigrad so we help her with Mages and she promises us to be at KM to help us with the battle.

Imo it would make sense if chronological order is like this.

Sounds like he/she was an ass. But "precious f*cking books" aint something I like to hear either
wasnt meant to offend but it got to a point with this joker that if you didn't read the books you didnt know what you were talking about.. i was told i was lazy because i didnt read all the books can't even think of the comment now … but his constant harassment to everyone was you got know idea till you read the books blah blah ..
I've played 2 of the games but i kinda get the story from what I've read here and the game .. not to mention I've read some where that even the author said the games are loosely based on the books not exactly from the books so?? either way only person I've had a issue with!!

wasnt meant to offend but it got to a point with this joker that if you didn't read the books you didnt know what you were talking about.. i was told i was lazy because i didnt read all the books can't even think of the comment now … but his constant harassment to everyone was you got know idea till you read the books blah blah ..
I've played 2 of the games but i kinda get the story from what I've read here and the game .. not to mention I've read some where that even the author said the games are loosely based on the books not exactly from the books so?? either way only person I've had a issue with!!

Well reading books is actually easier than playing games. Much faster too.
ALso the reason why I prefer reading to watching. It is just much faster (usually). And why I prefer manga to anime. What takes 21 minutes in anime takes me 3 minutes with manga :p ...

The author is an authority only on the books. He is no designer at CD Projekt Red. No gamer. His opinion on the games = useless.

I almost finished my Yen romance PT and it's pretty obvious that the first thing that needs to be fixed is the timing of the quests.

The Last Wish is active before we take Uma to KM hence after that quest Yen returns to KM and if you don't help her before you take Uma to KM the quest fails and you're able to apologize to her for not helping.

Now or Never is still active when we take Uma to KM so imo Quest should become active once we lift the curse on Uma(not before) so it means while we are dealing with Uma at KM, Triss is still busy with the Mages in Novigrad so we help her with Mages and she promises us to be at KM to help us with the battle.

Yeah, its 'inconsistencies' like what you point out when combined with a lack of 'trigger effect' that makes me think we could see a patch down the line tweak the story dialog. I think they intended for something to playout organically but some times the horse has to be led to the water...OH, you can't MAKE him drink but by gawd you can tie him to that trough!!!

Seriously though, if their is something wonky in the 'trigger nodes' that start conversation options and then spawn additional things in the story, those things take time to sort out...like a huge ball of yarn. If it gets tangled, sometimes its easier to cut some strands than it is to untangle them...especially if they are on the clock and time's slipping by.

Thats why I feel more confident that what we are asking for is gonna happen. I think its all there and they just need to have the time to sort it out. AND when they do, they will be thought of as MIRACLE workers!!! :)

Definitely no... I mean, yes it would make sense chronologically but I don't want them to give me an excuse as to why she is not in KM (at least with the existing content),,,

What I want is to Now or Never to FAIL if you don't do it before the UMA parts, she is kinda pressed for time right? and if you do it she goes to KM for the lifting of the curse...

And if you don't, when she shows up later at Yen's behest she "thanks" you for your help, while telling you that half the mages died trying to fight their way to through the tunnels, with the drowners and the vampire, not to mention the Witcher Hunters ambush in the end... ohh and that she found Sigi's help inspiring so she agreed to go on a date with him...

Last edited:
Definitely no... I mean, yes it would make sense chronologically but I don't want them to give me an excuse as to why she is not in KM (at least with the existing content),,,

What I want is to Now or Never to FAIL if you don't do it before the UMA parts, she is kinda pressed for time right? and if you do it she goes to KM for the lifting of the curse...

And if you don't, when she shows up later at Yen's behest she "thanks" you for your help, while telling you that half the mages died trying to fight their way to through the tunnels, with the drowners and the vampire, not to mention the Witcher Hunters ambush in the end... ohh and that she found Sigi's help inspiring so she agreed to go on a date with him...

Agree completely with you. Now or Never should fail like Last wish in those circumstances. We shouldn't be excusing the shoddy absence and lack of content. Triss should be at Kaer Morhen and we should get proper reflection of the various romance options and confrontation between Yen and Triss before Ciri arrives on the scene.

Good ol' Sigi might not be the hottest man but he has a way with the ladies!

Yeah, he did manage to get into Phillipa's errr... you know...

In any case, an unromanced Yen should try to find Istreed as well and tell him that her whole thing with Geralt was "just" because of the Djin Spell and she tried really hard to break it and now she is free... although it would be hard since he (afaik) is never mentioned in the games... it struck me as weird that she wasn't even mentioned in one of the epilogues.

Yeah, he did manage to get into Phillipa's errr... you know...

In any case, an unromanced Yen should try to find Istreed as well and tell him that her whole thing with Geralt was "just" because of the Djin Spell and she tried really hard to break it and now she is free... although it would be hard since he (afaik) is never mentioned in the games... it struck me as weird that she wasn't even mentioned in one of the epilogues.

Yeah agreed. Would've been very interesting to find a letter from Istredd in her room in Kaer Trolde. That could lead to a quick dialogue, much like showing Triss the Rose of Remembrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom