Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
If you carefully read the previous patch notes the XP bug wasn't actually fixed. They only improved the distribution of XP, so no fix.

Sounds like those might be bugged still. My understanding is that most of the XP glitches are fixed but a few of them remain still so probably have to wait for a future patch. Not sure if 1.06 fixes any more of them (big patch for the 5 hotfixes they listed - downloading now, hopefully it means there is more in there). I'd just keep playing - I'm thinking if you keep going the quest levels will eventually catch up with your level and you will start getting XP again.

I won't play again till it's fixed! It's almost hilarious playing an rpg game , exploring and getting no xp ! I''ll wait because i'm afraid maybe it will not give me xp for the side quests also in the future. Can't risk the 60+ hours i invested to progress this far into the game.

I won't play again till it's fixed! It's almost hilarious playing an rpg game , exploring and getting no xp ! I''ll wait because i'm afraid maybe it will not give me xp for the side quests also in the future. Can't risk the 60+ hours i invested to progress this far into the game.

Well the game can only get better. What I'm loving about it is that there is enough immersion and awesomeness to allow me to overlook the faults and I've been lucky so far as bugs go. More to an RPG game than just XP man.

Well the game can only get better. What I'm loving about it is that there is enough immersion and awesomeness to allow me to overlook the faults and I've been lucky so far as bugs go. More to an RPG game than just XP man.

Man i am an rpg gamer , i love them. It's not about the xp ,it's about the reward . I can live with getting low xp , like 5 points for example , as some low level side quests give. But still i get a reward for doing something. No XP on the other side is totally unacceptable , at least for green quests , not the grey ones.

Is it normal, that I get only 5 experience points with level 17 for an 20-level-quest? I'm playing with hotfix 1.06 (so including 1.05 and the other patches).

The way CD Project has desided to do the distribution of XP in this game is very sad in deed. I love CD Project and the Witcher games are one of my favorites. But that does not change the fact that they Allways do something like this when the release a game. They try out a new way of giving Xp that realy does not work and end up having to make an Enhanced game or a huge mod/patch that fixes the whole game.

I have played for about 150 hours now on my save. I have just come to the part in the game where it says that I have to save now if I want to move forward, and that some sidequests may dissapear if I go forward. Well I am level 28, and have been stuck there for the last 5 hours playing or so. The fact that I used about 10-15 hours of the game (I do not fast travel), going all over the place to get all the peases for my Feline Armor, is totally wasted on me, because I have to be level 31 to use it.

So I say, PLEASE stop trying to balance out an RPG game by dictating how much XP players should get for quests and monsters. The only thing you end up with is a open world game that does not realy feel open, because you are forced to go places on the map so that quests don't end up in the gray zone. Balance out the game with the difficulty settings like a game is supposed to be balanced.

LOVE the game, but end up feelling a bit irritated and I am really looking forward to the enhanced version, or the start of some good modding that may save the game for me. And sorry if my english is a litte off. :)

I think someone is wearing a tin foil hat in CDPR. Look here, it's plain and simple which I have been saying too often leveling in Witcher 3 is promoting a linear path, instead of an open-world.

Im level 20 in novigrad, all my quests are level 9-12 and all greyed out, skellige quests are only 1 or 2 higher the main one being 16 and im close to outlevelling a place i havent been yet and risk what is happening to me right now in novigrad - being overlevelled. Who designs an open world like this? Are we not allowed to do side content for risk of levelling too high?

Nope there is no need to change level of quests as this xp distribution is totally wrong & there is no need of giving 5 or less xp where we are over leveled.

As they are not giving more xp if we complete a high level mission then why low xp for low level mission ??

Witcher 3 is a open world game so i want to enjoy it as a open world rather then playing it in tension that may be while roaming i am going to complete high level missions first & due to my high level going to miss the xp / rewards of early level quests.

So please I don't want to play game in fear that may be I am going to complete wrong missions while roaming as I don't want to check my quest list every time as I hate robotic game play where we have to play game as par developers want & specially it makes no sense in open world game like Wither 3

CDPR should fix this & set fix xp for all quests.

Nope there is no need to change level of quests as this xp distribution is totally wrong & there is no need of giving 5 or less xp where we are over leveled.

As they are not giving more xp if we complete a high level mission then why low xp for low level mission ??

Witcher 3 is a open world game so i want to enjoy it as a open world rather then playing it in tension that may be while roaming i am going to complete high level missions first & due to my high level going to miss the xp / rewards of early level quests.

So please I don't want to play game in fear that may be I am going to complete wrong missions while roaming as I don't want to check my quest list every time as I hate robotic game play where we have to play game as par developers want & specially it makes no sense in open world game like Wither 3

CDPR should fix this & set fix xp for all quests.

this /\

The way CD Project has desided to do the distribution of XP in this game is very sad in deed. I love CD Project and the Witcher games are one of my favorites. But that does not change the fact that they Allways do something like this when the release a game. They try out a new way of giving Xp that realy does not work and end up having to make an Enhanced game or a huge mod/patch that fixes the whole game.

I have played for about 150 hours now on my save. I have just come to the part in the game where it says that I have to save now if I want to move forward, and that some sidequests may dissapear if I go forward. Well I am level 28, and have been stuck there for the last 5 hours playing or so. The fact that I used about 10-15 hours of the game (I do not fast travel), going all over the place to get all the peases for my Feline Armor, is totally wasted on me, because I have to be level 31 to use it.

So I say, PLEASE stop trying to balance out an RPG game by dictating how much XP players should get for quests and monsters. The only thing you end up with is a open world game that does not realy feel open, because you are forced to go places on the map so that quests don't end up in the gray zone. Balance out the game with the difficulty settings like a game is supposed to be balanced.

LOVE the game, but end up feelling a bit irritated and I am really looking forward to the enhanced version, or the start of some good modding that may save the game for me. And sorry if my english is a litte off. :)

Some good points but I would like to try take this from another angle so please allow a moment of devil's advocation. In most other open-world RPGs I have played the main quest feels kinda tagged on to the rest of the game making it completely optional. Maybe in those other games (i.e. Skyrim, Fallout 3) that isn't such a bad thing since the main questlines in these games aren't compelling enough in and of themselves to warrant building a game around them, from my point of view anyhow.

In a game like TW3 however where a tonne of effort has gone into writing and crafting the main plotline/characters I'm wondering if the XP system is designed to entice players along pursuing the main questlines with some side-questing here and there to add variety and value. For me I quite like the idea of having an open-world game that is built around a strong story that I am motivated to pursue. So far most of my level-ups have come from pursuing the main quests.

I'm not sure where CDPR intend to take things in the future with the design of the XP system or if they should change it. For now I'm only doing grey/green quests and saving the others for when I reach the intended level spectrum. I don't mind this design and can see it working once they iron out the bugs but given how unconventional it is for open-world games I can understand why a large number of people find this irritating.

I play on PS4. Have the new patch, but XP glitch is still on.
I am level 22 and I am in skellige and make quests around Kings Gambit (level 18 ). The game give me only 5XP when I finish the quests...

Last edited:
I just recently started playing this game, and am level 4. but I've been level 4 with 693/1000 for 2 days now after completing Contract: woodland beast, Scavenger hunt: viper school gear, Temerian valuables, Dirty Funds, and deserter gold. I have money and materials and diagrams for new equipment but i can't equip any of it. I hope this gets fixed soon! and hopefully will retroactively give me all that XP i didn't get. THANKS!

*Originally Posted by*Mighty91*

With patch 1.05 you will be able to advance no matter what.
First of all,if you are getting no xp or 5-10 xp,check for: (at 1.05 patch,ofc):
1) If the quest is 6 lvls bellow or ABOVE its suggested lvl,if it is,you are not supposed to get anything or just low amounts.
2) If it is in you green range,check any of youtube playthroughs to ensure it SHOULD give your xp. (most of the quests,aka TH,Master armors and swords,should not).
3) Dont rush hight lvl quests,even if you are in suggested range,aka dont do lvl 25 quests if u just hit lvl 20,postpone it till the actual lvl match.

People need to read back!! However I am unsure of any negative impacts of this xp system (apart from gaining only 5xp for some quests and alot of back and to travelling to optimise levelling) but have seen some comment's about problems equiping items due to the xp system. I am surprised cd red have not released a thread explaining the xp system.....Why? Would be alot easier if they'd clear this up and outline if there will be any major change to the xp over the next couple patches or will remain the same. If anyone knows more than me of the current xp system please post...

---------- Updated at 08:24 PM ----------

Also how to deal with it as it is...Travel back and too etc...Unsure how to deal with this, how much of a problem it is and whether I should wait for a patch that solves it.....Anyone know?

Almost done game, done everything for the moment....have only level 30. Most greens quests give nothing. Thx cdrp to test u great game on console....console who give u most money u get from this game

Thx for u great "optimization" have no idea how I can reach achievement for level 35?

P.s. in my gameplay i doing straight only green quests. For all my journey i have few grey....so im sure even they green I still not 35 level thx to cdrp. Next time please fix u game more serious

Last edited:
Here I am, lvl35 all the map cleaned and all the quests completed. Nothing more to do and I can't reach the lvl41 for the lastest swords or armors ...........

Here I am, lvl35 all the map cleaned and all the quests completed. Nothing more to do and I can't reach the lvl41 for the lastest swords or armors ...........

Wouldn't worry about it because most people only get to there without using mods or glitches. Pretty farcical that we got that lvl of armour when all but a handful of people only manage to get to around 35-37. Must be for a NG+ or expansion. Even if you get the armour, what would you use it on - lvl 9 drowners?

If someone could help me out here I'd appreciate it..... I bought the game at launch, but between just being busy and hearing about this XP bug, I put off starting the game. I'm really itching to play now, but lets face it, my gaming backlog, like most of us, is bottomless at this point. :) Is the XP in the game still messed up? From reading the thread I think the answer might still be yes, but that brings it to a sort of worse question. If CD Project doesn't AGREE that it is messed up, should I consider that situation "as good as it's going to get" and suck it up and try to enjoy things now as best I can?

I love the Witcher series, but I'm only going to play this game once, I can only spend 80-100 hours on a game once around heh. Is now the time? ;) Thanks much for the insight!

can you elaborate more on this problem please?
I don't know if my game is affected by this problem. what is the problem exactly?
thanks.

What bothers me is not seeing mention of the XP glitch bekng fixed in the upcoming update. Cause I've reached that problem. None of my quests give XP or anything for that matter.

Top Bottom