What monsters do you have the most trouble with?

+
You're sure it's level 48? I never found a creature above level 35 in the game. Where is it located?

Yes, I'm sure, it was on one of the small Skellige islands you have to sail to.

There was a half buried locked chest near its nest, a letter with a story of a very unfortunate man who buried his treasure there only to have an Arch Griffin nest there so he couldn't get his treasure back

Last edited:
Wolves insta hit you when their heads get close enough, makes it really hard to dodge when they attack.
One of the Arachas i think it was the armored one gave me a lot of trouble. It shot out a web that held me in place for a while while. Then it would charge at you. Tried rolling out of the way, but the web attack always got me in mid roll.

Foglets.

Also some Werewolves depending on how fast they regenerate their health.

That deserted harbor village southwest of that big tree was filled with level 20+ foglets. I heard this is supposed to be somewhere you go to in the main quest but I wasn't that far along the quest line. Anyway a pack of over leveled foglets is a nightmare. Especially when they can make shadow clones.

Any large group of enemies is a problem for me, everything that is 5 or more i have hard time with, they interupt my attack-es when they surround me and i have to roll and reposition a lot to beat them. Using strong attack style and going for heavy armor now on current playthrue so i am currious how it will turn out.

I was leisurely strolling through the forest in Velen and I managed to run in-between two different packs of wolves. It had to of been at least 12 of them coupled with some wargs. My reaction to it was, "what the fucccck?!?!?! No no no no" x6 because that's how many times they killed me lol.

I think the monster that gave me fits was the fire ifrit in the Witcher forge quest.

The first werewolf I faught in that side quest early in the game was hard.

Those bug creatures with the long tail are a pita. Right now I'm level 34 3/4 and if I had to pick one it would either be gargoyles or some sort of golem just because on death march if your not careful they can smash you pretty good.

That deserted harbor village southwest of that big tree was filled with level 20+ foglets. I heard this is supposed to be somewhere you go to in the main quest but I wasn't that far along the quest line. Anyway a pack of over leveled foglets is a nightmare. Especially when they can make shadow clones.

Yeah, I had to leave that area, I'd kill my way across the few bridges, only to turn around and have them all spawn again -- but hardest battle were some crazy griffins or other --Royal and Arch-- but they just fell out of mid air -- on Death March could only get a few hits in, but was enough to bleed them dead before they hit the ground --

This thread shows that all enemies are easy if dealt with the correct Sign :p

Throw in a couple of bombs in the mix and they become harmless XD

Foglets in Velen at early levels are such a pain ( on death march difficulty ), especially on coast where there are also plenty of Drowners ( near treasure chest guarded by that big Golem, feline sword diagram i think but not sure ).

Managed to beat that mean crowd with Axii which provided me with few pets :)

Wolves packs are pain to but alternative mode Yrden does wonders in such situations.

The hardest part for me was Bloody Baron quest (Death March) where you have to fight group of wraiths and if you die the whole dialogue starts again.. I died like 15+ times there. But that's probably because I had no Moon dust or Yrden upgrades..

Wraiths are easy. Throw down a basic yrden sign. stand inside it. Wait for the wraith to come to you. Wraith will pop in next to you and become vulnerable. Give it 2-3 whacks with the fast sword. roll away. Throw down another yrden sign and repeat. The trick is to not push your luck. Try to land 2-3 fast swings and roll away before they do their big attack that drains a third of your health bar.

Freakin Nekkers in massive number. (before ~20 on DM , swordsplay build... later on you can rape everything and everywhere)

Quen + counter attack works against drowners. Been testing it for a while and it works like a charm. I outlevel them greatly so that could be a big factor.

Top Bottom