NPC popping/LOD: Last, desperate request

+
Chiming in just to confirm that, no, patch 1.06 does not solve the issue. My usual stroll from Midcopse to Oreton is just about the same as ever. Pop-in county.
Waiting for 1.06 proper instead of the hot fix. The problem should be clear to CDPR coders, let's hope they find a solution.

1.06 was never intended to fix pop-in. 1.07 will be the "big patch", this is just a hotfix. From what I can tell, even 1.05 was just a hotfix, they released it earlier than intended due to pressure from the community. They released 1.06 to address some pressing issues, and to win some time to work on more fixes

Let's just hope they will find a solution to this thing. One thing is sure: I purposely reverted back to 1.02 (luckily I still had a save in Velen in 1.02 that was perfect to test the thing) to try if there was a difference or I just didn't notice the issues back then but, in fact, it happened much much less. It still did sometimes but the way it happened was subtler and all in all different. Usually, in fact, when a pop-in happened it was very very hardly a full object as a full person as it is now, at most it was the shadow and in the vast majority of cases the pop-in happened in the direction you weren't facing so it was much less noticeable (i.e. even if the pop-in happened it happened in a circumstance in which you could not notice it; even if before a NPC was not there anyway there's a GREAT difference if it appears in front of you or if it does when you aren't watching. In the fist case you will surely notice, in the second during normal gameplay it is much probable you would neither understand what happened).

I traveled on horse for a day to test patch 1.02 difference and it is between night and day. I could notice when certain pop-ins happened only because I forcibly searched for them, in a normal play I would have never noticed it, differently from 1.05.

So at last it is sure that they introduced some change that exacerbated the issue tenfold and probably they can reverse it. If they can put the issue as it was back in 1.02 the problem would be practically unnoticeable and perfectly playable. There's no need to resolve the thing altogether (that can also be a matter of the engine and hence a real hassle to overcome).

Last edited:
Top Bottom