Why why why don't blacksmiths/armourers/barbers/merchants etc... show on map?!

+
Why why why don't blacksmiths/armourers/barbers/merchants etc... show on map?!

Is this a bug or is it the same for everyone?

Blacksmiths/armourers/merchants/barbers/herbalists etc.... don't show up on my map unless I'm standing right next to them. Forcing me to try and memorise where they all are!

Why aren't they just on there constantly? If I want to fast travel to one I either have to try and remember where they were, hit and hope to try and find one, or take time to search on google for them!

Surely it wouldn't be hard to have them on there all the time?

Same, merchants usually only show when i get a certain distance....and sometimes they show when i walk into town..

I've noticed that some merchants do appear always on map, since others only when you get close at them. The same about some blacksmith/ armourers. Why does it happen? Is it a bug? Is it a deliberated implementation? I have no idea.

I'm so tired of bugs, oh god... and it's even more after each patch... this game eventually will be a disaster of the year, not a game of the year

Come on guys,

Another non-bug is being called a bug. Trading icons have always appeared only when you're close to the vendor (I think its around 100 meter radius). The only exception is the friendly vendors that were somehow involved in the story (Keira, Pellar etc.). This is not a bug , just a design decision. You might think it's a bad design decision, but stop calling it a bug...

It's the "XP bug" debacle all over again...

Last edited:
I'm so tired of bugs, oh god... and it's even more after each patch... this game eventually will be a disaster of the year, not a game of the year

Eventually they'll fix all the major bugs, they're not EA or Ubisoft.

The thing is, that should teach us not to ever pre order a game again. I've already been robbed by Ubisoft with AC Unity, now this... Pre ordering is dumb and we were dumb.

Eventually they'll fix all the major bugs, they're not EA or Ubisoft.

The thing is, that should teach us not to ever pre order a game again. I've already been robbed by Ubisoft with AC Unity, now this... Pre ordering is dumb and we were dumb.

Well, man, I don't want to wait for half a year while almost everyone there is playing and the youtube is full of spoilers and so on. It's completely unfair.

I got the issue also. If i am f.ex at the fast travel sign in Novigrad, i can see some blacksmith/armourer far away in the map, but only 1 in Novigrad. If its normal that we ccan only see them on the map when we are in a certain distance to them, then its wierd, since i can see other across the map

The merchants / armourers etc. appears on map only when you can talk to them. When there are outside the shop or working (which means you can't talk to them) the marker do not shows. This is from my observation. Try to meditate some time, or come back later.

The merchants / armourers etc. appears on map only when you can talk to them. When there are outside the shop or working (which means you can't talk to them) the marker do not shows. This is from my observation. Try to meditate some time, or come back later.
this is not the problem
it's certanly right that most of traders just don't appear on the map ever no matter of the daytime or distance (they appear on minimap if you are very close) and SOME of them are visiable always like you're in Velen and the merchant is visible in Novigrad (only like 1-2 of 10). So it's clearly a bug. But I give up hope that CDPR will do something... Witcher 3 is their worst release.

I've finished the game and am cleaning up some trophies at Level 37. Some of the fast travel points have disappeared on the World Map.

exactly! This is a little bit frustrating when it comes to collecting Gwent cards.

Its easier to remember which one you have played with, if all the NPC that sell items is marked on the map after you have talked to them for the first time.

It seems completely random as to when they show up or not, sometimes I can see merchants on the map when I'm miles away, other times I'm stood right next to them and it doesn't show.

It doesn't seem to matter if they are open or closed as to when they show.

Something like this would have been so easy to get right. Just have them all show on the map all the time, they could have one colour for open and one colour for closed. Also another symbol/colour to show if you have visited them before or not.

They need to fix this. There's no reason the icons should disappear from the map if a blacksmith is asleep or busy or whatever. That's pretty ridiculous. What does Geralt just bust out an eraser at 7pm when the shops close so he can temporarily forget where everything is?

its a bug, I think its the same one that causes novigrad be a ghost city and its blacksmiths ( the one at the square and the other at the fish market) not appearing unless you meditate. Try and memorize the spot and once you are there meditate for an hour and they will appear. This only happens to merchants in novigrad and oxenfurt.
Also I ve been playing since day 1 so I was in Novigrad before patch 1.03 and I can tell you with certainty that the game didnt have this problem at launch. After they released patch 1.03 this problem started occurring, I m avoiding big cities unless I totally have to go for a mission until they fix this but I havent seen anything mentioned about them recognizing this problem. You can try opening the map on your pc from cd project red site, see where there is supposed to be the merchant you want, go there and meditate for an hour and magic he appears both in front of you AND on the map

Top Bottom