Wants from the "Witcher 4: More Silver for Monsters (and CD_Projekt Red)"

+
I just want Geralt back as the main character

I don't. Mainly because i doubt they'd do justice to our choices and i'd end up forced back with Yen rather than with Triss.
Geralt as a cameo in a Ciri story round her being hunted by Nilfgaard would be much better imo.

I don't. Mainly because i doubt they'd do justice to our choices and i'd end up forced back with Yen rather than with Triss.
Geralt as a cameo in a Ciri story round her being hunted by Nilfgaard would be much better imo.

"ciri on a run" ; "ciri being hunted" - really it's like overdone three times over already. In books and a whole game about that. She's done. Maybe you guys write up some fanfiction, i'm sure modders could whip something up.

Can't blame you. The way how CDPR potrays Geralt is like they want Geralt story to be the end, for good.

But unintentionally, they overlooked that fact that they left a lot of question marks along the way. So while there is still room for Geralt in post-game DLC (taking place in Witcher 3), I don't see him coming in a new Witcher game as a main protagonist other than Cameo appearance together with Triss or Yen.

Soooo.... before CDPR even thinks about Witcher 4, I hope they can address where I can find Yennefer and Triss to say one final goodbye/farewell, for good and move on with my life :D

"ciri on a run" ; "ciri being hunted" - really it's like overdone three times over already. In books and a whole game about that. She's done. Maybe you guys write up some fanfiction, i'm sure modders could whip something up.

Okay, seriously dude, what's the problem with Ciri?

I'm sensing some dislike.

i am probably the only one who wants this but i would like to see: a prequel aka i wanna play the 2nd war. But if they would make a sequal then my wishlist would be:

- playing as an other witcher from an other school
- Iorveth & Isengrim (long live vrihedd)
- Franseca & Ida Emean & Phillipa ( not full blown villain though, since ida usually is a neutral character and the other 2 generally having goals on there own)
- a small happy ending for the squirrels, someone has to give them a home ._.
- fight for the crown for temeria (adda + anais)

Not sure I want a TW game without Geralt and his friends (its the same with ME for me)

I liked Ciri in the main game (though she took way too much time from Geralt and his friends) but I don't see her the protag for TW4

Honestly, my ideal games would be:

* Witcher 4 starring Ciri

And then back to Geralt.

Or maybe do a spin-off starring Ciri then continue with Geralt.

In the next game I want to play for Philippa or Yen, restore the Lodge and bring the nice and cool magocracy in the world of witcher, just like it was in the book canon ^_^ Geralt and Ciri can appear in flashbacks. I do not mind.

Okay, seriously dude, what's the problem with Ciri?

I'm sensing some dislike.

Nothing wrong with Ciri per say, other than a game as her for protagonist. I think people want her, like you for the wrong reasons and can't see flaws in that. Its obvious that CDPR didn't write it in a way in which they ever plan to do a game with CIri or Geralt as protagonist.
If it happens I'll eat a shoe.

Do you know why you even want to play as Ciri? Is she a more interesting character than Geralt? No. Because she's a kawaii gurl? As far as personality traits go nothing stands out for me, she isn't like witty or clever or funny. Maybe Geralt's feelings towards her (caring about her) transferred on to yourself or something. She never even looked like a Witcher in the game (High heels and a sexy shirt).

Nothing wrong with Ciri per say, other than a game as her for protagonist. I think people want her, like you for the wrong reasons and can't see flaws in that. Its obvious that CDPR didn't write it in a way in which they ever plan to do a game with CIri or Geralt as protagonist.
If it happens I'll eat a shoe.

Do you know why you even want to play as Ciri? Is she a more interesting character than Geralt? No. Because she's a kawaii gurl? As far as personality traits go nothing stands out for me, she isn't like witty or clever or funny. Maybe Geralt's feelings towards her (caring about her) transferred on to yourself or something. She never even looked like a Witcher in the game (High heels and a sexy shirt).

I'm 34 and married dude, I'm a little over the "Kawaii girl" stage in my life.

On my end, I think what I liked about Ciri was that after an amazing number of complete assholes in the game (i.e. just about everyone but Geralt, Triss, Zoltan, The Crachs, Priscilla, and Dandelion) all of my encounters with Ciri were highlighting how idealistic and pleasant she was. Our encounters with Ciri have her want to kill Whoreson (but still iffy about the whole muder thing), THANK the people who sheltered her, protect an innocent girl from a werewolf, and avenge Vesemir. In other words, she's an amazingly fun character because she's one of the few GOOD people in this setting. It's not naivity, either, since Ciri has been through some staggeringly CRAPPY stuff in her life.

It's that kind of optimism and hope for the future I think which makes her a very interesting contrast to the "Knight in Sour Armor" Geralt of Rivia. In a world of complete ****bags, to the point the Bloody Baron is BETTER THAN MOST, it's awesome to have someone who will not be broken by the events in her life. She's similar enough to Geralt to be the kind of person I'd like to follow for 40-100 hours (plus expansions) while also being different enough as to avoid a situation that we might as well use Geralt. Like for all the people who want a Cat School or Griffin School or whatnot Witcher, when it amounts to really, "I just want to keep playing someone as close to humanly possible as Geralt."

For me, if I'm going to play in the Witcherverse then let me play as Geralt or someone DIFFERENT that's still got ties to all the amazingly fun and cool characters we've come to know over the years like Ciri.

Ciri also has HISTORY which can be explored--like Geralt.

On my end, I think what I liked about Ciri was that after an amazing number of complete assholes in the game (i.e. just about everyone but Geralt, Triss, Zoltan, The Crachs, Priscilla, and Dandelion) all of my encounters with Ciri were highlighting how idealistic and pleasant she was. Our encounters with Ciri have her want to kill Whoreson (but still iffy about the whole muder thing), THANK the people who sheltered her, protect an innocent girl from a werewolf, and avenge Vesemir. In other words, she's an amazingly fun character because she's one of the few GOOD people in this setting. It's not naivity, either, since Ciri has been through some staggeringly CRAPPY stuff in her life.

It's that kind of optimism and hope for the future I think which makes her a very interesting contrast to the "Knight in Sour Armor" Geralt of Rivia. In a world of complete ****bags, to the point the Bloody Baron is BETTER THAN MOST, it's awesome to have someone who will not be broken by the events in her life. She's similar enough to Geralt to be the kind of person I'd like to follow for 40-100 hours (plus expansions) while also being different enough as to avoid a situation that we might as well use Geralt. Like for all the people who want a Cat School or Griffin School or whatnot Witcher, when it amounts to really, "I just want to keep playing someone as close to humanly possible as Geralt."

For me, if I'm going to play in the Witcherverse then let me play as Geralt or someone DIFFERENT that's still got ties to all the amazingly fun and cool characters we've come to know over the years like Ciri.

pretty much everything worth exploring was already explored in this game, her story wrapped up as well as Geralt's did. Not hard to imagine whats gonna happen from the end of epilogue - not "sky is falling again" gotta run and become a witcher again.
From the sound of it you don't even care so much about gameplay or about making sense - you want more ciri, period.
Also straight up "good, pure, innocent protagonist" that's kinda boring.

I'm a little over the "Kawaii girl" stage in my life.

Was an exaggeration, but are you sure? If not kawaii then in your words "innocent, good girl, who has been through hard stuff". Its like me wanting to play a game as Daenerys or something.

Anyway for many reasons i don't think a Ciri game will ever happen, nor needs to. I wouldn't want people to get their hopes up. And i don't think I'll be eating a shoe.

I think a prequel set around one of the first witchers would be the only setting where a witcher might be interesting again.
If its set after the games then Ciri is the option with the great potential and the rich back history to draw upon.

-Ciri or our own custom Witcher from one of the other Schools as protagonist
-Do not set it in the Northern Realms. I want to go to Zerrikania or Nilfgaard or Hakland.
That's about all I'm hoping for at the moment since we won't hear about a new Witcher game until after Cyberpunk, and that won't be out until 2018 at the earliest.

Basically, just make a list of things you'd like to see in the next installment of the Witcher franchise. Go into as much detail as you want or not. If you want to end the franchise at Witcher 3, don't post.

You can go play Cyberpunk.

:)

My wants?

* Ciri as a Protagonist
* Ciri's abilities are weakened or damaged but fast-travel is implied to be her using her powers.
* Cintra as the central location, Temeria post Nilfgaard-occupation as the second
* Dump the damn branching storyline and make one single story where she's a Witcher but was tempted by the Crown before events got in the way.
* Redania and Nilfgaard still fighting.
* Fake Ciri plays a role as Queen of Cintra
* Emhyr is dead because of the assassination attempt or heavily injured.
* Phillipa Eilhart as a villain
* Saskia
* Iorveth
* Anais
* John Natalis
* Ciri has both male and female lovers she can have.
* Geralt, Yennefer, Triss, Dandelion, and Zoltan as characters
* Other non-Yen and non-Phillipa and non-Triss members of the Lodge

- Ciri as a protagonist sounds good.

- Instead of weakening or damaging her abilities (which would be a horrible cop-out), it would be much cooler to make a prequel based on Ciri's adventures that took place between the last book and The Witcher 3. I'd like to know what Ciri has been up to after she dropped Yennefer and Geralt at the Isle of Avallach.

- I'd rather see the entire Northern Kingdoms in their full glory when all the kings were still alive. Since Ciri can hop between dimensions it would also be really cool to explore some completely different worlds with Ciri.

- No, horrible idea. Dumping the branching storyline of The Witcher is not something I wanna see. It's bad enough already that we're all railroaded into the same starting scenario in TW3 despite our choices in the previous games.

- Well since I rather see the Northen Kingdoms in their full glory before the 3rd Nilfgaardian war I'd rather not see Redania and Nilfgaard still fighting.

- Fake Ciri is an interesting concept from the books that never made it into the games. This would be a cool opportunity to add her.

- No, Emhyr is too interesting to kill off. I want to see him alive in the potential next Witcher games.

- Phillipa Eilhart as a villain would be a cop-out. Lets not do that.

- Saskia, Iorveth and John Natalis are all characters I hope to see more of. Anais too if we get a sequel, but she would be irrelevant in a prequel (which is what I want).

- I don't mind giving Ciri both male and female lovers, seems like a good idea since Ciri's sexuality was never established in the books. Though I doubt Ciri is interested in any kind of serious relationship.

- As much as I love Geralt, I don't think I want to see him as an NPC in any future Witcher games. Either make him a full playable character, or a partial playable character, or don't include him at all.

- I can't say I particularly care about the Lodge.

I just want Geralt back as the main character

Pretty much this. He's the best protagonist you can ask for. He's interesting, he has a history, and his motivations are complex enough that it makes sense for the player to be able to play him however they choose. People who have played the games have really grown to like & identify with him. From a gameplay perspective, he has a variety of abilities that make for interesting mechanics (alchemy, signs, and swordplay).

Through two sequels, the Witcher series has taken a bunch of steps forward with each installment, but also a few back with them. I see getting rid of the series' single best asset (Geralt) as being a definite step back for any future Witcher game.

As for Ciri, I don't think she's as compelling of a character (especially not the idealized version of her that is shown in the game) and mechanically you'd have to change the core gameplay as she can't use magic (renounced it) or potions (never mutated).

As for Ciri, I don't think she's as compelling of a character (especially not the idealized version of her that is shown in the game) and mechanically you'd have to change the core gameplay as she can't use magic (renounced it) or potions (never mutated).

Except, there's some stuff people need to remember:

Mages can use potions, amulets, and so on too.

They exist in the Witcherverse.

That's how Yennefer, Triss, and others recovered from Sodden Hill.

Ciri can't use WITCHER potions but she could use regular mage potions and they'd be identical.

They picked her up and laid her on a cloak. Geralt unstrapped the saddle-bags without a word, found a casket containing some magic elixirs, opened it and cursed. All the phials were identical and the mysterious signs on the seals meant nothing to him. “Which one, Triss?”

“None of them,” she moaned, with both hands on her belly. “I can’t… I can’t take them.”

“What? Why?” “I’m sensitised—” “You? A magician?”

“I’m allergic!” she sobbed with helpless exasperation and despairing anger. “I always have been! I can’t tolerate elixirs! I can treat others with them but can only treat myself with amulets.”

“Where is the amulet?”

“I don’t know.” She ground her teeth. “I must have left it in Kaer Morhen. Or lost it—”

Last edited:
Except, there's some stuff people need to remember:

Mages can use potions, amulets, and so on too.

They exist in the Witcherverse.

That's how Yennefer, Triss, and others recovered from Sodden Hill.

Ciri can't use WITCHER potions but she could use regular mage potions and they'd be identical.

They picked her up and laid her on a cloak. Geralt unstrapped the saddle-bags without a word, found a casket containing some magic elixirs, opened it and cursed. All the phials were identical and the mysterious signs on the seals meant nothing to him. “Which one, Triss?”

“None of them,” she moaned, with both hands on her belly. “I can’t… I can’t take them.”

“What? Why?” “I’m sensitised—” “You? A magician?”

“I’m allergic!” she sobbed with helpless exasperation and despairing anger. “I always have been! I can’t tolerate elixirs! I can treat others with them but can only treat myself with amulets.”

“Where is the amulet?”

“I don’t know.” She ground her teeth. “I must have left it in Kaer Morhen. Or lost it—”
I forgot about those. Interesting workaround. That said CDPR would either have to cheat with Ciri's renouncement of magic and have Geralt teach her Signs, or cheat by giving her Elder Blood equivalents. Honestly the fact that no one can be sure of what the future for the Witcher holds is one of the most exciting things. CDPR is in a position where they can go ANYWHERE now that Geralt's story is over.

The White Frost was NOT hanging over Geralt's world. The whole idea of the Wild Hunt invading this plane was that they escape from the White Frost that threatens their world. If it threatens Geralt's world too then the whole plot both from the books and from the game doesn't make sense. The White Frost was always like some prediction of apocalypse that might not even come, which is why the end of the TW3 is bad.

As for the Geralt being a "chosen one" I strongly disagree. He's important character but but not that important. This is another part I didn't like at the end of the game, where Geralt plays a role of a king maker. Seriously, the game should have ended with the Battle of Kaer Morhen, the last part of the game was simply bad (rushed, not well thought, etc.).

Well... Actually the White Frost ONLY threatens Geralt's world in the books. The world of the Aen Elle is pretty safe as far as we know (in book lore).

As much as I'd love to play as Ciri, I mean I really would, I kinda have to agree with the other people who bring up how powerful she is at this point. Obviously they could go with her losing some of her powers... but I dunno, seems like a bit of a stretch. If CD Projekt could write themselves out of that I'd be happy to play as Ciri, otherwise I'm starting to think that it might be best for a new protagonist.

Top Bottom