Modding, TW3Redkit and fixes....

+
Modding, TW3Redkit and fixes....

Now, having bought the game, I was disappointed that the Redkit wasn't included.

Let me explain: being a modder, I am heavily depending on the kits released for games, such as Skyrim.
If you see what Skyrim has for mods BEFORE the release of their Creation Kit, or the Fallout counterpart Garden of Eden kit, and what was made since...
An immense difference.

Now, to ME, as modder, the kits are almost even more important than the game, not to mention DLC's.

Now, I can be wrong, but: if TW3Creation Kit was to be released SOON, I believe that this would boost the sales.
Why?
We modders do not only make new things, but we also fix problems (where we can).
These fixes (and mods) are mostly very much appreciated.
It could give CDRed even a hand, if they were to imply some fixes in their official DLC's/patches/...

I do not want to be the so-manyeth addressing this, but I wanted to make a statement, speak my mind, and offer a suggestion:
After DLC 9 and 10, please focus on the Kit....
You have no clue just how... no wait, you do, lol... important this tool is.

As a modder, and I think quite a few see it like this, since what we do is for the community, for free: CDRed can have whatever I create and use that as they see fit.
In the end: modding isn't anything more than giving the world something they can enjoy.
Like fixes, increased weapon or armor detail, even new creatures, potions, ...
In Skyrim there are even entire Total Conversions, I noticed.

So, as a modder, I ask... no, I beg you: please focus on the Creation kit?

If you have ideas or comments, please post them, but keep it decent.
Thank you.

Agreed, they should focus on w3 redkit. I honestly wonder why they can't release it instantly. I mean, they are using it aren't they? So it works (mostly), the only issue I could see is third party licenses but don't see why that would take much time. I feel like by the time they release it I will no longer care (same as with W2 redkit) which would be a shame.

I dont think that the redkit that we will receive is the same tool that the reds use, same as skyrim creation kit.
I think they need to make it more accessible, and more fun to use. please dont make it like the witcher 2 redkit well it had some good sides too.
Don't forget that skyrim creation kit was released 3 months after the game launch, lats give the reds some breathing space in order to create the best engine possible.
I'm as a modder waiting for the kit, but use the time without it to think what i like to do, started to write a story for a mod, thinking about some dynamic events (looking at you guild wars 2 as a base).

Exactly: they are revamping their tools into a more user friendly environment.
But right now, CDRed seems to be focussing on DLC's rather than the kit...

Hope that there is a team working on the redkit, alongside the DLC.

Mods extend and revive games.

I dont think that the redkit that we will receive is the same tool that the reds use, same as skyrim creation kit.
I think they need to make it more accessible, and more fun to use. please dont make it like the witcher 2 redkit well it had some good sides too.
Don't forget that skyrim creation kit was released 3 months after the game launch, lats give the reds some breathing space in order to create the best engine possible.
I'm as a modder waiting for the kit, but use the time without it to think what i like to do, started to write a story for a mod, thinking about some dynamic events (looking at you guild wars 2 as a base).

even if they would allow us to use some complicated programs its metter of days for tutorials and other stuff. Now moders "rape" bound files with quickbms and even then u cant enter values that u want ,,,

You had me at NEW CREATURES. Is it hard to make new creatures in The Witcher 3, or your experience with Skyrim (since the redkit hasn't been released yet) ?

Could you, for example, add new creature like squirrel running on trees, or snake hanging on a tree, or aggresive ones like crocodile near water, or a pack of hyena (so we have more variation than wolves), and of course they also have their own loots if killed, and being predator or prey for the others when near.

---------- Updated at 06:29 AM ----------

Or scripted creature like for example tiger, tiger is a king of the jungle, Geralt doesn't kill king, so if Geralt encounter one, tiger might attack but Geralt only dodge/roll, 1 minute and the the tiger will flee. Tiger is territorial so make it less in numbers, like there are only five throughout the game, unkillable(blue name) and only avoid its attack for 1 minute if sees one. Should be great for randomized event, it gives random surprise when exploring the world.

---------- Updated at 06:38 AM ----------

Or add pet system for Geralt, various breeds of dog, the dog will help pick nearby herbs wherever Geralt go, he'll flee like Roach when in combat. X key for calling Roach, sustained X key press will call the pet

Last edited:
From what ive seen in the witcher 2 redkit there was a possibility to import assets from other sources, the redkit even let you chose the bones that the model will use.
redkit1 had a lot of incredibly good features, adding grass, painting grass/terrain, spawning enemies according to time. the lighting (too complicated but can do insane things) and some more. the main problem that redkit1 had was that the moder had to bake the mod so mod compatibility was out of the question, and 1 mb chest mod will take about 2gb.

Sounds promising, but that'd be a waste if small addition takes a lot of space.

---------- Updated at 06:58 AM ----------

As a modder, and I think quite a few see it like this, since what we do is for the community, for free: CDRed can have whatever I create and use that as they see fit.
In the end: modding isn't anything more than giving the world something they can enjoy.
Like fixes, increased weapon or armor detail, even new creatures, potions, ...
In Skyrim there are even entire Total Conversions, I noticed.

I totally agree for the idea releasing redkit a.s.a.p, CDPR has like 230 people but they work as a team and in the end they are only equal to ONE door when releasing contents, but Modders might consist of thousands, and they are free to release anything whenever they like, so the contents are coming from a lot of doors. It also takes a long time and production cost for official contents, so it's very limited.

I hope that they will release the redkit soon while the game is still popular and there are still a lot of people that want to make mods. For Witcher 2 they waited way too long and nobody cared about the game anymore.

You had me at NEW CREATURES. ...
One can make indeed animals.
Snakes would be more difficult, FAR more difficult, but a lion, tiger or squirrel is doable.
A snake has a different way to move, which is hard to make.

As for cat-like animals: sure, lion and tiger are somewhat impressive, but if you know about felines... the Jaguar is a demi-god.
The only one that would tackle a crocodile without thinking twice.

As for making a catlike companion, that too should be fairly simple.
Note: fairly simple does not mean it is done in 10 minutes, it requires a few weeks to get it right, with a few commands such as attack, let go, return, fetch...

Breeding would be FAR more difficult, but still doable, I think.
Then again, the values are fixed, so the end values would be the same.

I hope that they will release the redkit soon while the game is still popular and there are still a lot of people that want to make mods. For Witcher 2 they waited way too long and nobody cared about the game anymore.
Which is what I fear as well.
Which is why I made this post.

Last edited:
Should release it before Fallout 4 release date, FO4 will support mods that's also playable on consoles, it'll be massive.

Not sure if I'll bother with Fallout 4, after playing W3 it has made it pretty clear to me how stale the storytelling of Bethesda's games is.

I liked the TES games, or FO3.
Sure, the storyline cuold use a buff, still...
And in the end, it's the mods that make a game, strange but true.
TES3 had this insane Vampire mod, which was AWESOME...
Forgot it's name though... :(

Looking forward to the release of Redkit2 also.
I've been learning The Witcher2 Redkit in hopes of decreasing the learning curve.

After playing through The Witcher 3, I am left with many hints of the engine's expanded capabilities.
Many not even showcasing the full potential in AI, level design, and game mechanics.

I liked the TES games, or FO3.
Sure, the storyline cuold use a buff, still...
And in the end, it's the mods that make a game, strange but true.
TES3 had this insane Vampire mod, which was AWESOME...
Forgot it's name though... :(

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24222/?

This was my favorite, combined with Animated Dragon Wings + better vampire lord, and several SL mods from Lovers Labs -- making your Vampirism truly wicked. So many paths to take that weren't "designed" into the game -- a true sandbox.

Honestly, as much as I want the expansions, I'd rather have the Redkit out first. I don't create mods and don't intend to, but the sooner modders get their hands on the tools the better it is for all of us.

Top Bottom