Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh well, maybe because Triss wasn't missing this whole 3 games? Or maybe because W3 is a game about Geralt searching for Yennefer and Ciri. Everyone knows that he was looking for Yennefer so it's logical that he is speaking about her. And Triss... she is always around in the world nothing happened to her to be worried about. Yes Triss can be you love interest but the game itself isn't about Triss and Geralt. It's about search for Yennefer and Ciri. I think many of you misunderstand devs or were not listening to them before the game came up. Not once they have said this game is about search for Yennefer and Ciri. This game is more close to books than previous 2 and I like it. I understand why Triss is on the second role. But for those of you who haven't read the books or are too obsess about Triss it could be painful to see her only few times. But it's a true story of Geralt. Maybe it's not your Geralt or not what you wanted to see but again it more close to the books. Should they make it like this I don't know. Can they make more Triss content - yes. But they didn't make it and I accept their decision. Yes as Yennefer fan and books reader it's easy for me. But CD Red have right to make game they want and they made very good game with a lot of content.

It isn't so much that he was saying he found Yen, it is the way they looked at each other that was annoying, seriously that look was like lost lovers getting back together even though the whole romance arc takes place before it. Besides the game is at first finding Yen but it quickly turns to his search for Ciri. Also why would you even bother saying you found Yen in a 'romantic' way especially if you rejected her if she is sitting right next to you and Lambert and Eskel can clearly see, heck they could fill in the details themselves, its quite obvious.

Later though, Lambert asks about Triss and all Geralt can say is either; F*** off, i though we were talking about UMA, or Triss is managing. That in itself is a disservice, if Geralt is going to be like that when talking about Yen then he should be like that when talking about Triss - this doesn't even matter to the story the developers are trying to tell, that dialogue is put there so Yen can look at Geralt and make an awkward conversation, most likely with the intention of creating drama between Yen and Geralt (and Lamber & Eskel). Also what exactly do you mean by 'true story?', any story about Geralt is a true story regardless, you can't say W2 is not a true story because it doesn't have Yen and Ciri in it. In regards to making the story like the book, well that is their choice but it is a departure from what they were telling in previous games, and a lot of people here came to the W3 through the games first, there is a servere lack of content for a lot of characters, even characters like Dandelion are barely involved. Even if they wanted the game to be like the books, they still have the freedom to create any new storyline for any character instead the entire third act was really all about Ciri and hardly anything more, it still felt rushed and for the Triss content, well that is also rushed and very inconsistent. This rarely has anything to do with being biased but more to do on how the story doesn't connect the dots properly.

I agree with some of your points, however this is an rpg for us to make our own decisions not about following the books if you don't want to, and it still stands that there are quite a few things that were overlooked and now that they are working on expanding/fixing whatever...it is a chance to correct some of these things in my opinion. Whatever they choose to do in the future doesn't mean we can't talk about certain things that we are discontent with.

Last edited:
Ohh well, maybe because Triss wasn't missing this whole 3 games? Or maybe because W3 is a game about Geralt searching for Yennefer and Ciri. Everyone knows that he was looking for Yennefer so it's logical that he is speaking about her. And Triss... she is always around in the world nothing happened to her to be worried about. Yes Triss can be you love interest but the game itself isn't about Triss and Geralt. It's about search for Yennefer and Ciri. I think many of you misunderstand devs or were not listening to them before the game came up. Not once they have said this game is about search for Yennefer and Ciri. This game is more close to books than previous 2 and I like it. I understand why Triss is on the second role. But for those of you who haven't read the books or are too obsess about Triss it could be painful to see her only few times. But it's a true story of Geralt. Maybe it's not your Geralt or not what you wanted to see but again it more close to the books. Should they make it like this I don't know. Can they make more Triss content - yes. But they didn't make it and I accept their decision. Yes as Yennefer fan and books reader it's easy for me. But CD Red have right to make game they want and they made very good game with a lot of content.

If you want to make a game sticking true to the book, don't make an RPG, don't let the player choose.
Do a third-person-shooter, or a hack'n slash or whatever.

But seriously, the game is an RPG, the marketing talks about making choices that have consequences. The same marketing uses the Triss/Yen opposition. So no, your argument is invalid. I'm sorry, you have the right to stick true to the book if you want, but if you are in a game that allows you other possibilities, you have to be able to explore them. And that's the devs duty to make those opportunities right.

I'm sick of this argument seriously, every time I hear it, I hear : "No, we do not want have freedom in our games, we want to stay on the road, we want to play the way other people tell us to".

Seriously, free your mind.

Attachments

• 51fc8881b53afd000d120eb1a01da66b3cfdd54c.jpg
    51fc8881b53afd000d120eb1a01da66b3cfdd54c.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I think they need to add Triss content not only throughout the storyline but after credits roll as well. And not only with Triss but with other main characters. Cuz I never felt like this after completing a game - feeling alone and lost. Geralt all by himself in Kaer Morhen with his horse. I immediately set out to Novigrad and it still feels strange.
Where is everyone? At least to talk! God dammit, this game really touches you.

I still feel that the world should continue on after the events in the ending. Characters and the world should react to your actions in the final chapters. And most important of all, I think most main characters should still be interactable, and maybe even give a few epilogue quests with these characters(Witcher Contracts together with Ciri PLZ). It would really help players feel like they are living in a continuous world that doesn't just grind to a halt once credits roll.

I'm not too familiar with the expansions planned but i hope it takes place after the game's ending. And with Triss!

Last edited:

I am also a book reader and find it hard to understand why they like Yen, if anything, she is more repugnant in the books than she is in this game, though I think this game captured her wonderfully.
Its not the inclusion of Yen, or the fact there is lots of Yen based stuff that bothers people, she is the mother of Geralts "child" (in a sense) and she is missing so it makes sense for him to search for her.
Its just, as this is, most likely, the final part of the gaming trilogy, some more rounded closure on Geralts love life was expected, they have spent the last 2 games shipping this love story between he and Triss, only for it to be completely undermined in the 3rd installment.
I think this game has just the right amount of Yen, and the right amount of Ciri, but is sorely lacking enough Triss, especially if she is who you choose.Whilst the main plot of the story centres on Ciri and Yen by extension as her "mother", it is still the last of the Geralt games we are probably going to get, so when all was said and done, we needed closure.... :(

@ msanx

Well, let me remind you something about W2 ending. Tell me please what happened to Geralt and Triss in the end of the W2? Is there difference between romanced path with Triss and not romanced? Now tell me why you expect something between them at the start of the W3?

After they meet at Novigrad you have a choice what to do. I don't see how it's not RPG. You want the same conversation for Triss. But why? Triss isn't Yennefer and should have different approach. It's only my thoughts. You think it should be the same as with Yennefer, but the point of this? You would have 2 woman with only difference in hair color and the same options in the game. That's strange don't you find?

True story of Geralt. Well, for me it's about him and Ciri and Yennefer. And game is closer for this path maybe friendly. But this doesn't mean you don't have choice. You can still be with Triss. But for me and perhaps devs it's not how they see it. You think they have no right for this? You think they should create game without soul with equal choices? I don't know. It hard for me to say something but I definitely can see devs hand in this story. For me it's not bad because I have similar point of view. For Triss fans it must be not that good. But game is about tough choices and sometime you can't get what you want no matter how you try. You can't save children and wife of Red Baron no matter what you do. I'm trying to say that this game is about Geralt Yennefer and Ciri. But you can be with Triss and maybe devs think that it shouldn't be the same as with Yennefer. Have they right to do this?

Last edited:
@ msanx

Well, let me remind you something regardless W2 ending. Tell me please what happened to Geralt and Triss in the end of the W2? Is there difference between romanced path with Triss and not romanced? Now tell me why you expect something between them at the start of the W3?

After they meet at Novigrad you have a choice what to do. I don't see how it's not RPG. You want the same conversation for Triss. But why? Triss isn't Yennefer and should have different approach. It's only my thoughts. You think it should be the same as with Yennefer, but the point of this? You would have 2 woman with only difference in hair color and the same options in the game. That's strange don't you find?

True story of Geralt. Well, for me it's about him and Ciri and Yennefer. And game is closer for this path maybe friendly. But this doesn't mean you don't have choice. You can still be with Triss. But for me and perhaps devs it's not how they see it. You think they have no right for this? You think they should create game without soul with equal choices? I don't know. It hard for me to say something but I definitely can see devs hand in this story. For me it's not bad because I have similar point of view. For Triss fans it must be not that good. But game is about tough choices and sometime you can't get what you want no matter how you try. You can't save children and wife of Red Baron no matter what you do. I'm trying to say that this game is about Geralt Yennefer and Ciri. But you can be with Triss and maybe devs think that it shouldn't be the same as with Yennefer. Have they right to do this?

No one wants it to be "the same" as if you choose Yennefer, Just that if you choose Triss, having her stood on a boat saying "Well?" and nothing else for the rest of the game, and for it to have next to no rammifications for Yen and Ciri, who you claim this story to be about, makes no sense. And for the games dialogue to act as if you still chose Yen, even when you didn't, it feels like the Triss choice was tacked on later.
And again, I will reiterate, yes, the plot of this story is about Ciri and because of that, by extension, Yen aswell.
BUT, the series as a whole is about Geralt, its called the Witcher, Geralt is the Witcher, if he chooses Triss as the love of his life, then, as the concluding part of the trilogy, and likely the last Geralt game there will be, the game owes Geralt more than just Triss saying "Well?" over and over again.

My thoughts on why ANYONE would choose Yen over Triss, regardless if they have read the books or not, is another matter, that I do not wish to discuss here for threat of derailment.

For me it's not bad because I have similar point of view. For Triss fans it must be not that good. But game is about tough choices and sometime you can't get what you want no matter how you try. You can't save children and wife of Red Baron no matter what you do. I'm trying to say that this game is about Geralt Yennefer and Ciri. But you can be with Triss and maybe devs think that it shouldn't be the same as with Yennefer. Have they right to do this?

I would agree if I had the feelings that the handling of Triss in Act 3 was a "design choice". But it's not. As for many things in Act 3, it's clearly about not having enough time/ressources to make things right. Triss isn't the only issue concerned.
If how the Triss romance is handled was a designed choice by the devs, then the romance would be at the same level for all the game. But it's not the case. You have a first part that is incredibly managed, well written. And then a drop off.
Your argument seems to consider that they wanted to do this that way, but I'm pretty sure that hey didn't, that they had to do it that way because of production reasons. Not enought time, not enough ressources.

@ msanx

Well, let me remind you something about W2 ending. Tell me please what happened to Geralt and Triss in the end of the W2? Is there difference between romanced path with Triss and not romanced? Now tell me why you expect something between them at the start of the W3?

If you have played the previous Witcher games, you know that Geralts love life and the players choices to do with his love life can play a pretty big part to the narrative so it is important that it is done right.
Noone has said you can't be with Triss, what we are saying is that the Triss content and her presnece in the game is severley lacking if she is the romance option you choose.
Noone said they want the same conversation with Triss and Yen, I don't know where you got this from to be honest???
All we have said is that the game keeps having characters refering to Yen as Geralts lover even if you have chosen Triss, with no way of telling characters that you chose Triss.
Triss is Ciri's "Big Sister" there is no reason for Triss to have so little interaction with her compared to Yen.

Last edited:
I would agree if I had the feelings that the handling of Triss in Act 3 was a "design choice". But it's not. As for many things in Act 3, it's clearly about not having enough time/ressources to make things right. Triss isn't the only issue concerned.
If how the Triss romance is handled was a designed choice by the devs, then the romance would be at the same level for all the game. But it's not the case. You have a first part that is incredibly managed, well written. And then a drop off.
Your argument seems to consider that they wanted to do this that way, but I'm pretty sure that hey didn't, that they had to do it that way because of production reasons. Not enought time, not enough ressources.

Agree with this completely, and I agree with everything else.
I was perfectly fine with everything up until I got to Kaer Morhen with Uma and Triss wasn't there.
I was fine with Triss taking a back seat whilst Geralt and Yen were in Skellige searching for Ciri, they are Ciri's "parents" after all.
Loved everything in Novigrad and Skellige, then after that, with the exception of the fountain scene, it just falls flat.....nothing.
At the very least there should have been another love scene with Geralt and Triss, maybe on the boat in Skellige when looking for the Sunstone.
And the option to speak to her and Yen and explain things "I will always Love Yen, she is in mine and Ciri's hearts, but Triss is who I want to be with etc" to clear things up for both women too.

maybe because W3 is a game about Geralt searching for Yennefer and Ciri.

Actually no. You find Yenn in the prologue and that's it. Searching is completed. The games aren't canon anyway. Canon Geralt is dead, and there's no reason to stick closely to the book series. By the way, if you build up relationship in two previous games and still have it in third, be sure to put some effort into them. I mean, if Geralt and Triss romance has the only purpose to make her tragic side character who lived up alone with broken heart, to make the game more emotional... Man. That is the most sadistic way to make people suffer. I've read the books. Can't say i like them alot. But hell I love the games. And there are lots of people love them too. Just imagine. This games were here for at least 7 years. And Triss was the main love interest. You can't just cut this 7 years off and say: "Oh guys, she doesn't matter anymore. We canon now. Have fun." What a bs.

Agree with this completely, and I agree with everything else.
I was perfectly fine with everything up until I got to Kaer Morhen with Uma and Triss wasn't there.
I was fine with Triss taking a back seat whilst Geralt and Yen were in Skellige searching for Ciri, they are Ciri's "parents" after all.
Loved everything in Novigrad and Skellige, then after that, with the exception of the fountain scene, it just falls flat.....nothing.
At the very least there should have been another love scene with Geralt and Triss, maybe on the boat in Skellige when looking for the Sunstone.
And the option to speak to her and Yen and explain things "I will always Love Yen, she is in mine and Ciri's hearts, but Triss is who I want to be with etc" to clear things up for both women too.

Yeah Yen spent the game bitching about Geralt being with Triss, and never once mentioned to Triss, wtf is that about.
Also why does Ciri have no comment on Geralts choice of woman???

@ msanx

Umm what are you talking about? i am not talking about how the Witcher 3 starts or how W2 ends, i said that the game doesn't take into consideration choosing Triss as the love interest, there is many examples where there isn't content for Triss spread out. I don't care much that because Yen is like a mother to Ciri that it would mean that Yen gets more screen time, if it is an rpg game, where making a decision for Geralt nonetheless a very important one for the future of this character than it shouldn't be tossed aside. I also didn't say i want the same conversation, i claimed that those options are out of place if you choose Triss. Also you talk about how the game should not have equal choice in regards to the romance, but it isn't about that, it is about having that choice consistent. You are pretty much claiming that the devs see Yen as the only romance option and that Triss is tossed in to add to the rpg experience - but that is wrong. The content for Triss needed to be more consistent instead of saying that Yen invited to Kaer Morhen if Geralt told her to go there, that is one example among many. The main storyline may evolve around Yen and Ciri, but i don't see how that has anything with the devs wanting you to choose Yen over Triss in regards to romance if this is a rpg where that is one of the big decisions of the game. I don't mind who chooses Yen, but those that chose Triss should at least get acknowledgement of that choice rather than acting like Yen and Geralt are a couple when the player chose something different to that.

Yeah Yen spent the game bitching about Geralt being with Triss, and never once mentioned to Triss, wtf is that about.
Also why does Ciri have no comment on Geralts choice of woman???

What I would have loved to have been able to do is this:

After the Djinn mission, Geralt says he doesnt want to be with Yen anymore, and he is in love with Triss.
Yen is bitter towards Triss (understandable) and distraught that Geralt's love for her was due to a spell.
In an argument, Yen comments that his love was fake in front of Geralt and Triss and Geralt shouts "The spell didn't change a damned thing, I still love you now more than I ever did." and then proceeds to confess that he used the spell being broken as an excuse to end it because whilst he still loves her, he loves Triss too, and she is who he wants to be with.

Damn it, I want to write a (decent) Witcher TV series!!

What I would have loved to have been able to do is this:

After the Djinn mission, Geralt says he doesnt want to be with Yen anymore, and he is in love with Triss.
Yen is bitter towards Triss (understandable) and distraught that Geralt's love for her was due to a spell.
In an argument, Yen comments that his love was fake in front of Geralt and Triss and Geralt shouts "The spell didn't change a damned thing, I still love you now more than I ever did." and then proceeds to confess that he used the spell being broken as an excuse to end it because whilst he still loves her, he loves Triss too, and she is who he wants to be with.

Damn it, I want to write a (decent) Witcher TV series!!

Would have loved that, they were my thoughts exaclty. I don't actually hate Yen, I like the way she is cold and sarcastic is its refreshing, its just that like you said, I like Triss more.

Would have loved that, they were my thoughts exaclty. I don't actually hate Yen, I like the way she is cold and sarcastic is its refreshing, its just that like you said, I like Triss more.

I personally don't like Yen at all and never have.
But I think it would do a great disservice to her and Geralt's history if it was all because of a spell. Just as the Triss romance as it is in W3 right now is a disservice to the last two games.
I feel that has to be acknowledged if you choose Triss aswell, because everything that happened in the books, as much as I sometimes wanted Geralt and Jaskier (Dandelion) to turn around and just punch Yen sometimes, to make it all because of a spell.....meh....

I think the Triss romance is handled badly after the lighthouse scene and is my only gripe on an otherwise perfect and excellent gaming experience.

Last edited:
So... how about W2 ending? No one want's to talk about it. I wonder why... why you think devs made it so that Geralt and Triss went different ways. Even if you choose her as your love interest. You should start question yourself way before W3 game.

You are saying Triss should have as much content as Yennefer. Why? It's two differnet characters. Only because she can be Geralt love interest? Not enough. CD Red are telling story and some characters have more time in this story than others. Basicly the story is written by devs and you can't change much in it. Some detail yes but you can't stop Yennefer from using Uroboros mask or choose Triss to help you find Sunstone and etc. It was their choice to make Yennefer steal mask, cure Uma not because she is Geralt love. It's part of the story. If you don't romance her she still would do all this. So I don't see how you could put Triss here. Yennefer has 2 love scenes and Triss also has 2. But Yennefer has more story content and not because she is love ineterst. That it.

You want to see more Triss action because you like her. But I think you must respect devs decision to tell the story they want.

ajiehb;1788473[B said:
]So... how about W2 ending? No one want's to talk about it. I wonder why... why you think devs made it so that Geralt and Triss went different ways.[/B] Even if you choose her as your love interest. You should start question yourself way before W3 game.

You are saying Triss should have as much content as Yennefer. Why? It's two differnet characters. Only because she can be Geralt love interest? Not enough. CD Red are telling story and some characters have more time in this story than others. Basicly the story is written by devs and you can't change much in it. Some detail yes but you can't stop Yennefer from using Uroboros mask or choose Triss to help you find Sunstone and etc. It was their choice to make Yennefer steal mask, cure Uma not because she is Geralt love. It's part of the story. If you don't romance her she still would do all this. So I don't see how you could put Triss here. Yennefer has 2 love scenes and Triss also has 2. But Yennefer has more story content and not because she is love ineterst. That it.

You want to see more Triss action because you like her. But I think you must respect devs decision to tell the story they want.

Not sure what happened in your W2 ending, but in mine Triss agreed to stay with Geralt and help him find Yen.
So they didnt go their separate ways at all.

We know they are two different characters, you keep bringing that up for some reason, when no one is saying any different.
The point is, if Triss is a legitimate love interest and end game romance option for Geralt in W3, then this needs to be conveyed in the game more profoundly.
Triss gets short changed, big time.
If Triss wasn't a romance option then you would be right, but having Geralt choose Triss over Yen, then just...."well?".....and no rammifications to the story thereafter....its bad....extremely bad.....and it needs to be fixed.

So... how about W2 ending? No one want's to talk about it. I wonder why... why you think devs made it so that Geralt and Triss went different ways. Even if you choose her as your love interest. You should start question yourself way before W3 game.

Redemyr explaind why Triss and Geralt go their separate way quite good
One party confused and the other already in her own mind defeated, they decide to part ways. The first, because he needs to make sense of his own feelings, the later, because she already knows what’s coming, she’s seen it many times in the past and needs to make herself stronger in order to bear it.

I see you failed to read all the post here. We don't want "Triss should have as much content as Yennefer". We want our choice matter, the obvious one is the infamous Well! in act 3. Even without romance she can at least say something, we gonna head to final battle in few minute, "good luck"

Triss has 2 love scene, now that something new :D

I'd expect since they've now moved into doing paid for expansions for them to do new VA recordings. Hence why i'm pining more of my hopes on extra expansion content for Triss meaning them getting her VA back.

I've voiced this before: IF the paid expansion stuff isn't simply parts cut from original they will need to bring in all the VAs to read for a day or so. IF they have to do that, there is no reason NOT to hand them some 'edits' or rewritten material for the main story.

Key in this is IF the paid expansion were VO'd at the same time...then we are simply out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom