Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's only a minor nuisance but seeing as it's literally words on the screen, you think this would be a simple fix. Write out the words, include a trigger for you choice and boom you're done. This is also a very easy to grasp example of the inconsistencies that we are discussing. Easier to understand next to some of the larger, more abstract ones we talk about. Thought I'd throw that one in, because the guy didn't seem to understand the basic points so I had to go back to basics to help him along.

But wasn't this sort of a discussion yesterday? It would be adding more to what is already there. Who wouldn't pay for more Zoltan, Dandelion, Triss, and Yen? I know I would. The personal relationships cultivated throughout the game are some of the most important and alluring elements. Some more time to explore some of them would, I think, pay off quite nicely. I don't see why it would need to wait until an Enhanced Edition. The Enhanced Edition is really just the game with tweaks all throughout, whereas the expansions are collection of changes released all at once. Those changes could be added anywhere to the story though. If they want to that is.

Basically this is me trying to say I am open to anything at this point. :p

Like you say it would be an easy fix and could easily come across as bug fixing.

I'm not saying i wouldn't pay for such a DLC that improved the interactions. I'm just seriously doubtful given they are very cautiously going down route of paid for DLC. I'm expecting them to be placing most of their emphasis on making sure they make the already confirmed (oxenfurt and Toussaint hopefully with additional Triss content) expansions so good that they minimise the complaints about charging. A free enhancement seems slightly more likely if content in the main arc is to be fixed.

And very much open to any fix but i'm setting my expectations according to a glass half full approach.

Wasn't Bioware's Citadel DLC exactly that, a "Friends and Family" based dlc.

I don't see why CDPR couldn't do something similar provided we pay for it

Yeah, and I have to say, I really enjoyed the Citadel. It didn't push the story forward in any meaningful way but it was fun. Plain and simple. It was fun, it was goofy, it had every character present that was still alive (they each got their own little meeting with some more dialogue), and you got a nifty little area to go back to whenever you wanted. I don't regret the purchase of that DLC one bit and I am sure CDPR could pull off something similar. :p I fully support the notion.

It would be amazing but the most annoying part is we still in a dark and know nothing about devs plans. It's like waiting for results of medical diagnosis. Very unpleasant situation. Hope we'll get something more clear than: "I'm gonna tell about this issue in the office"

At least they have a history of listening to the fans. Part of why I am hopeful. A more active presence by a larger contingent of the devs would be awesome. I know it's a bit off-topic but my favorite behavior from any game company as far as their community would be Turtle Rock Studios. My other go-to game is Evolve right now. I have an active presence in their forums as well and the devs are always around. Always chiming in & giving their opinions. They even hired someone specifically to manage the forums and relay concerns to the design team. Community Coordinator is her title.

Here's their promise: https://www.turtlerockstudios.com/community/

I think it's worth a read - it's not that long. And so far, I think they have really lived up to their promise.

The reason I post this here is because this is what I wish we could see in this forum. We don't get a ton of dev feedback though and what we have gotten is pretty vague. I still think CDPR is listening but some more reassurance would be nice.

Last edited:
The codex you'd think could be something that might be able to be patched. It's an irritant only though.

I don't see here being a friends and family DLC per say. Improved content for them all would really rely on some sort of enhanced edition happening in my eyes.
I'm hoping the two women get a role in at least one of the already announced expansions, which would be a step in the right direction.

I agree...I HOPE CDPR's reluctance to commit to an Enhanced Edition is just a way to keep from doing a NEW release and shipping a new boxed game in a year to 18 months. I hope they will still do an INFORMAL one with patches/DLC and adding in all the Expansions (plus MAYBE a little something special) all as a parting 'gift' for when they flip the switch and ALL move on to CP2077. That's 23 months away...and a LOT can happen in that time. Like what if they sell 12 mil copies by Holidays NEXT year?

I don't know...money talks VERY loudly, I can't believe CDPR would knowingly leave money on the table...I have faith they will do this right as long as they can make money at the same time.

You certainly can but that sort of comment is inflammatory. It also has nothing to do with the thread. I think it best to leave that one untouched.
Yeah right, let's go on our topic

---------- Updated at 05:17 PM ----------

When i finished the game i was like: 100 hours of Gameplay and that's what i get? Triss, Dande, Zoltan, most of the time they were inferior of their supposely second roles. Dff

Well, on one hand I can respect that the game pushes you toward Yen. I mean, if we consider that the developer is trying to stick as closely to the lore as possible, it is understandable. There is no getting around the fact that Triss was a big sister to Ciri and that Yen even stated that she and Geralt are her parents, then why the heck would Geralt, after getting his memory back, continue to sleep with Ciri's sister figure? It would be very weird for her.

On the other hand I understand, though, that there is the take that Geralt formed a new feelings for Triss, during his episode. This is how it is in the books as well. After the whole debacle, Geralt is overly nice to Triss and kind of flirtatious(?). I also get that this is a fantasy game and that the whole point is to play the story out your way.

I guess I never realized how little you worked with Triss in this game, until I had the mind of playing through and opting Triss, just to see the chemistry develop...and there really is none! You kill some rats with her, do her and that's pretty much it lol. In my first play through, I knew right away I was going to push straight for Yen. In hopes that the game would push towards reassembling that family, so I hadn't even considered the Triss content..or lack of. Overall, though, I totally find Yen more of a balance to Geralt. She knows how to firmly handle him and they balance one another out.

Geralt did it one time in the books so.... I think Yen caring for Geralt it's because of how he can be useful to her

This is kind of how I see it too. I mean Yen searched for Ciri on her own for months, not even trying to inform Geralt that Ciri had returned. Only when she was unable to find her on her own did she send word for him. That seemed suspicious to me.

This is kind of how I see it too. I mean Yen searched for Ciri on her own for months, not even trying to inform Geralt that Ciri had returned. Only when she was unable to find her on her own did she send word for him. That seemed suspicious to me.

I don't see her acting like a mother, no panic at all.A maternal would transform herself in Hulk for saving her baby

Yeah, and I have to say, I really enjoyed the Citadel. It didn't push the story forward in any meaningful way but it was fun. Plain and simple. It was fun, it was goofy, it had every character present that was still alive (they each got their own little meeting with some more dialogue), and you got a nifty little area to go back to whenever you wanted. I don't regret the purchase of that DLC one bit and I am sure CDPR could pull off something similar. :p I fully support the notion.

At least they have a history of listening to the fans. Part of why I am hopeful. A more active presence by a larger contingent of the devs would be awesome. I know it's a bit off-topic but my favorite behavior from any game company as far as their community would be Turtle Rock Studios. My other go-to game is Evolve right now. I have an active presence in their forums as well and the devs are always around. Always chiming in & giving their opinions. They even hired someone specifically to manage the forums and relay concerns to the design team. Community Coordinator is her title.

Here's their promise: https://www.turtlerockstudios.com/community/

I think it's worth a read - it's not that long. And so far, I think they have really lived up to their promise.

The reason I post this here is because this is what I wish we could see in this forum. We don't get a ton of dev feedback though and what we have gotten is pretty vague. I still think CDPR is listening but some more reassurance would be nice.

Exactly, Mass Effect series was actually my favourite set of games, had over 150 hrs in each one. Until this game came out, quickly became my new favourite game ever which is an accomplishment because I was a Mass Effect fanboy lol.

Its because this is my favourite game that I'm simply desperate for more content and the romance fix.

Well, on one hand I can respect that the game pushes you toward Yen. I mean, if we consider that the developer is trying to stick as closely to the lore as possible, it is understandable. There is no getting around the fact that Triss was a big sister to Ciri and that Yen even stated that she and Geralt are her parents, then why the heck would Geralt, after getting his memory back, continue to sleep with Ciri's sister figure? It would be very weird for her.

Not as weird anymore - she's all grown up and doesn't really need the stable family dynamic anymore. I would think her main concern now would be Geralt's own happiness. So if he (we the player) think he would be happier with Triss (which is entirely our prerogative) then I think she would be respectful of that.

Last edited:

On the other hand I understand, though, that there is the take that Geralt formed a new feelings for Triss, during his episode. This is how it is in the books as well. After the whole debacle, Geralt is overly nice to Triss and kind of flirtatious(?). I also get that this is a fantasy game and that the whole point is to play the story out your way.

I guess I never realized how little you worked with Triss in this game, until I had the mind of playing through and opting Triss, just to see the chemistry develop...and there really is none! You kill some rats with her, do her and that's pretty much it lol. In my first play through, I knew right away I was going to push straight for Yen. In hopes that the game would push towards reassembling that family, so I hadn't even considered the Triss content..or lack of. Overall, though, I totally find Yen more of a balance to Geralt. She knows how to firmly handle him and they balance one another out.

I don't agree that the game should push the player in one direction in a choice based medium. Why the heck wouldn't Geralt continue to sleep with Triss if he loves her. Ciri might be sad/surprised to see her adoptive parents split up but in no way is Triss characterised as Geralt's daughter, so i don't see her seeing it as weird.

I don't find Yen a balance to Geralt. Happy for those that do but for me Triss is better option for Geralt. Just wish the game would treat that choice equally after Novigrad.

Not as weird anymore - she's all grown up and doesn't really need the stable family dynamic anymore. I would think her main concern now would be Geralt's own happiness. So if he (we the player) think he would be happier with Triss (which is entirely our prerogative) then I think she would be respectful of that.

That's exactly what i say to the guys on Youtube

No, that's just a positive that comes out of being in a relationship with Geralt. Automatically, you have a useful henchman and tracker. When you can't track by magic, track by Geralt.

While Geralt fell in love with Yen virtually upon first sight, Yen was also fascinated, mystified and interested in Geralt. Unexplainable feelings for him, in the beginning. It started with her curiosity towards him as a witcher.
The incident with the djinn, in the first book, only brought matter to foreground, sooner and made it clearer...the love was always there. You're dealing with two complex people who are both dim to certain emotions.
Yen, although powerful and bright, was dim to her own feelings. It's the one thing she can never make sense of.
Geralt, well, you know witchers. They're supposed to be stripped of these sensations, which makes Geralt unique in that he isn't completely and can even be sympathetic toward monsters.

Understandably, everyone completely misreads Yen, through her own torment and confusion. She buries these issues and pushes people in the dark, instead of facing them.

Her secrecy, however, is strictly professional. She'd not have lasted as long as she did, or become as powerful as she is, if she was open about her work. It's kind of like a magician. They never reveal their work...not even to their loved ones. They live the lie. You can't trust anyone with your secrets...and it's not that they would necessarily tell anyone, but perhaps someone might force it from them...through interrogation, intoxication, seduction...

Last edited:

I cannot disagree enough.
Much is made of the books of Yen and Geralt's relationship and its dynamic.
The gold dragon prophecizes that nothing can come of their relationship, Istredd theorizes (and I agree) that, because Geralt is shunned by society and most humans, despite his bad ass nature, he clings to the attention Yen shows him because he is starved of female attention, was abandoned by his mother (ironically, also a sorceress) and it is made perfectly clear that neither he or Yen will ever be in a place to be a proper loving couple.
I wont go in to Yen's despicable attitude here as this isn't an Anti Yen thread but a Pro Triss thread, i'll just say I cannot stand her manipulative, two faced behaviour and leave it at that.

So in the games, Geralt gets the chance to have something real, with Triss, a woman who treats him as he deserves, as an equal and a partner who really loves him unconditionally, so much so that she was willing to step aside should be pick Yen (not like Yen, who, if you choose Triss, has a hissy fit and starts throwing beds out of windows).
If you really see no chemistry with Yen during the Novigrad missions then thats on you I suppose, I was completely drawn in by it, she is such a sweet girl.
As I mentioned in another post, Yen treats Geralt as a subordinate, walking Dildo, to obey her unconditionally and plough her on command.

Oh and in the game itself, both Keira and Cerys also marvel as to why a strong, noble man like Geralt allows himself to be demeaned by a woman like Yennefer. So it isn't just the books that show it, but this game itself

The gold dragon prophecizes that nothing can come of their relationship, Istredd theorizes (and I agree) that, because Geralt is shunned by society and most humans, despite his bad ass nature, he clings to the attention Yen shows him because he is starved of female attention, was abandoned by his mother (ironically, also a sorceress) and it is made perfectly clear that neither he or Yen will ever be in a place to be a proper loving couple.
I wont go in to Yen's despicable attitude here as this isn't an Anti Yen thread but a Pro Triss thread, i'll just say I cannot stand her manipulative, two faced behaviour and leave it at that.

So in the games, Geralt gets the chance to have something real, with Triss, a woman who treats him as he deserves, as an equal and a partner who really loves him unconditionally, so much so that she was willing to step aside should be pick Yen (not like Yen, who, if you choose Triss, has a hissy fit and starts throwing beds out of windows).
If you really see no chemistry with Yen during the Novigrad missions then thats on you I suppose, I was completely drawn in by it, she is such a sweet girl.
As I mentioned in another post, Yen treats Geralt as a subordinate, walking Dildo, to obey her unconditionally and plough her on command.

Oh and in the game itself, both Keira and Cerys also marvel as to why a strong, noble man like Geralt allows himself to be demeaned by a woman like Yennefer. So it isn't just the books that show it, but this game itself

Are you slovak? Cuz i may know you

Last edited:

Well said...but she still has her reasons for the secrecy bit. True, she could learn to confide in Geralt a bit more, but I think the complexities of these two is what creates the more intriguing relationship. Whereas, with Triss, it's just given to Geralt and we know that nothing is just given to Geralt LOL

Think you meant Triss in Novigrad lol

I am Pro Triss but I also think some people are unfair to Yen. She is selfish, power hungry, rude and impatient - exactly like every other sorceress (except Triss, she is amazing) but Yen does truly love Geralt and Ciri in her own way, I mean she even died trying to resurrect him and when you break up with her during Last Wish, you can tell she really is heartbroken, her reaction to the break is understandable.

What didn't fly with me though was why the hell did she not look for Geralt during the 2 years, esp if she new Triss was taking advantage of him and "Stolen" him.
Her excuses were BS. I also didn't like the way she acted during their reunion, is that really how she acts when she finally found the man the she loves, wtf woman, I get more emotion out of a toaster.

Are you slovak? Cuz i may know you
I don't know who that is, so no :)

Yes I did mean Triss in Novigrad.:p

I can see the appeal of Yen, she is fiery (not to mention smoking hot) and forceful and commanding.
She sleeps around and is the female Geralt.
In my mind though, after this game, I want Geralt to settle down and retire with a lovely woman who loves him as an equal and can make him happy. In short, to me, Geralt has grown as a person and left Yen behind. She will always be Ciri's mother, but to me there is only one option for settling down....Triss.

Anyways, enough derailing, the game needs more Triss content :p The majority agrees

HEY...I know this isn't exactly on topic but I really wanted to kind of 'rant' on my own stupidity...for a change!

You know the quest where Geralt gets the wooden sword to 'duel' with Dandelion? Yeah..I bet you guessed it!!! I went through almost two levels with that as my Steel Sword! DOH!!! I was getting the chit beat out of me and couldn't figure it out...I was like "MAN, the Vegalbud's have some BADA$$ guards around their estate!!!"

Yeah...ok, sorry bout the off-topic part of this...on the positive side, Triss didn't see Geralt fighting with a toothpick! That's kinda on topic, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom