Patch 1.07 - Expectations

+
PS4....Could someone Please explain the current xp system as CD Red have not fully explained and there's a huge thread with conflicting comments. Is the current XP system flawed? Are there ways you need to play the game to manage it? Is it better to wait for a patch to solve this? Would appreciate a thread from CD to clear the confusion...Surprised there hasn't been!! Or a post from someone further in the game with some knowledge of it.....Thanks!

Hey Guys,

is there a fix planned for the crashes? I cant play the game since relase!
Its really disappointing that none of the patches worked.

Greetz!

The 1.07 is actually going to be a pretty large patch. We are already working on it. It's not going to be too long before it comes out. Can't talk about the detailed list of changes but it will features A LOT of fixes.

Just bug fixes or more?

Any performance increases that we might expect? or graphical quality improvements. Also how about the ability to cycle enemies with the mouse wheel when locked on.

Last edited:
We are hoping to release 1.05 on consoles next week. The next patch (the huge one) will be numbered 1.07 across all platforms.

Hi Marcin, I've been a member on this forum and I've never really thrown a question your way until now. Are you guys addressing the strange pop in issues on pc? Considering that a good number of us are running the game on mid to high specced computers, it's odd that we are having issues with npc and object pop in despite setting the graphics to Ultra.

I mean, the ultra settings exists for a reason, to push the game's fidelity to the best that our pcs can handle, yet, with each patch, it seems like the visual quality of the game keeps dropping, texture streaming failing and effects seemingly scaled down despite powerful hardware. When the game was first released, the texture pop in was very very mild, but as of patch 1.04, there's so much pop in and npcs and shadows seem to just appear out of nowhere.

I'm really hoping that the patch will address the graphical "bugs" and errors . Thanks for an amazing game and your dedication to the community.

Stop changing game engine settings with every patch. It just gets worse and worse with each one (PC and PS4).

Three things I'd love to see:

-A walk function.
-Being able to end conversations by hitting escape.
- An auto run function, for those extended horseback rides.

Other than that, the game is pretty much flawless.

For the love of everything that is holy, please tell me that this will fix the terrible LOD popins and the Distance issues that appeared in the last big patch.

Just bug fixes or more?

Any performance increases that we might expect? or graphical quality improvements. Also how about the ability to cycle enemies with the mouse wheel when locked on.

Forget about the graphics. They need to balance XP, weapon stats and seriously overall loot and plant distribution. Basically, it's way too easy to become rich and overpowered and those two things don't belong in a Witcher game.

Please PLEASE tell me they have fixing the missing rain at the top of their list...

Last edited:
The 1.07 is actually going to be a pretty large patch. We are already working on it. It's not going to be too long before it comes out. Can't talk about the detailed list of changes but it will features A LOT of fixes.
Thanks a lot for the info!
I think it would be great that you create a "locked" thread ahead of every patch release. Locked because it gets really messy when everybody can comment.
Even if you guys cannot detail the patch changes straightaway, it would notify everybody that the development is ongoing.

Thanks again for the great game and for your follow-up :cheers2:

EDIT : The problem with the mutagens not fully working is a bit annoying (having to take it off and re-equip it at each save is not a big deal, but still not normal :) )

Last edited:
I dream about having 3 or 4 separate save slots (which seems to be standard these days) so I can play a few games in parallel without having to set up additional user accounts or back up / restore saves manually or having to keep everything in one save folder having to look through this mess every time.

Please fix the damn inventory freezes... This is really REALLY annoying and makes the game really worse when speaking of stability! I am always so afraid when I have to open the inventory. I am almost having nightmares during night of this poor inventory. Please make my life a lot better by fixing it!

-Mutagens not applying after load
-Low XP for being over-leveled
-NPC's always running into me
-Make Armorers, barbers, herbalists and blacksmiths icon on map persistent
-Roach has down syndrome

YEAH BRO , We Need This But I suggest them to low the res or to include the dynamic scaling Feature in The Ps4 Version To Be Sweetly smooth

Equipped weapon icon !! !! !! Like in The Witcher 1
And fix health bar, - sometimes is missing when I fight. I want pernamently hud ON option.

Last edited:
@Marcin Momot
Please add permanent storage option. Possibly a shared chest @ all the inns.

Motivation:
- I want to keep some of the unique gear given to me, especially ones with history
- the master-level gear weights a tone (20+ units each chest piece!) I would really like to craft all of them
- I want to keep all the trophies (they ARE called trophies after all... and each waits 1.01)

For a future patch or DLC:
- players home with trophy room and sword stands, etc. It could be a room @ Kaer Morhen to be lore friendly... Or expand on it ans let player buy property in game.

Top Bottom