Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it was requested by people, in this forum. I uploaded mine, which had improvements. I shared, and explained the reasoning behind all of my improvements. I even tag you to ask if there was a specific reason you had not incorporated my fixes into your version. You reply by saying there was no problem to fix.

You should take credit for the fact that yours was

- The first one that worked, as in, i downloaded it, copied it across, ran the batch file and had a beautiful game (hence why i'm a little excited about your version still, this was not the case with the nexus one, otherwise i wouldn't have tried yours).
- The first one that had a considered default value (it was you who suggested the 0.8 option i'm using, so you thought this through).
- Those physics tweaks were excellent as well (though i need to google how to make them stick).

Just from a customers perspective, if you upload a 0.8 version (as you see fit) as well as your default at least a few people here are going to be happily supported. As with sweetfx it seem's there's alot of value to many in providing a preconsidered set of default values...

I assume everyone else noticed Kaer Morhen has very different lightning to the rest of the game.

Any mods to put that into the rest of the game?

am gonna steal all the shit and call it mine, deal with it peasants !

Not that hard, there's only one place to do it in, nexus, and just do it first. The internet has a great habit of checking who came first because that's what it does. But even if there are similar mods if you can make yours "better", more than just a copy, noones going to complain.

Also, every time i see the name bubble for peasants in game i keeping think about xboxes. Sorry.

Just from a customers perspective, if you upload a 0.8 version (as you see fit) as well as your default at least a few people here are going to be happily supported. As with sweetfx it seem's there's alot of value to many in providing a preconsidered set of default values...
The reason I don't think a 0.8 version should be released/uploaded is it completely takes away the raindrops and the dark clouds. Are you people really willing to let go of the stormy weather effect? Or is it still supposed to work with envblend 0.8? (I'm not trying to be sassy or anything, those questions are legit, just to be clear).

The other reason is, if @KNGRSM bat is now exactly like @Asmodean778's, maybe people who want to change the mod intensity should just use the one who lets you customize it. They aren't risking corrupting their games anymore, they're aren't forcing the patch and it seems like the original cutscene lighting mod is currently working just fine, so...

Personally, I'll stick to Asmodean's for now. I don't know exactly what I'm missing by keeping his default settings, but I don't want to stop being able to see the stormy weather work properly.

---------- Updated at 02:46 AM ----------

am gonna steal all the shit and call it mine, deal with it peasants !

this is why i have 0 interest in releasing mods

cmon am more interested in complaining and bitching towoard CDPR
ლ(。-﹏-。 ლ)
I honestly don't get all the bitching, I think it only takes a few adjustments for the game to look almost exactly the E3 demo. You were close to it from what I saw on that gif, and the cutscene lighting mod with Vesemas' preset looks sensational in some regions and times of the day. I find it pretty funny when people say "wow the more I play it the more I dislike the graphics". Please. The graphics are fantastic, you're just getting used to it and it's natural for them to look less and less impressive. The game absolutely looks current-gen and it's one of the best (if not the best) looking games out there at the moment. ReShade and those alternate lighting mods makes it even better and brings it closer to what we saw in the demo videos, so PC gamers should just take advantage of that and wait for the Redkit.

Worst things at the moment (to me, now that I'm using injectors and mods) are the lack of those amazing particle effects, the LOD and the textures that sometimes look low-quality, but all this seem like it's gonna be fixable with the release of the Redkit, right?

I was a bit upset with the downgrade too, but I don't expect CDPR to reply to anything in this thread or tell us "we are remodeling the game to look exactly like it looked in the E3 demo, just you wait!" because that's extremely unrealistic and just won't happen.

The reason I don't think a 0.8 version should be released/uploaded is it completely takes away the raindrops and the dark clouds. Are you people really willing to let go of the stormy weather effect?

Yes it does break the rain, but just like lod distance doesn't bother me neither does missing floor rain in a circle around geralt. In many scenes its harmless enough not to impact while you're playing (vs testing). Personally? It was a strong choice that the increased ao was better. There so many shadows in every environment (that ive been to) in w3 and extra ao loves it. At 0.7 the ao additions from cutscene are noticeably diminished in my eyes... but of course its awesome that everyone has different priorities when it comes to graphics we like, thats why pc.

Completely agree with the rest of your post! Graphics can be fixed. Also it could be other things.. before i got my fps reasonably consistent above 40fps i was certainly more miserable. As well, theres some non gpu plumbing tweaks that improve the minimum fps, or keep it consistent.. its so compulsory to apply those memory tweaks (see my profile page).. Also do not upgrade from 1.04. I tried 1.06 for 15 mins a few days ago and was in miserly land compared, stutter.. stutter...

Gotta say, I'm surprised by how good YALM looks in Skellige. I've set it to 0.8 to see if the rain would still be visible and it is, it's working like it should. Biggest difference is that the sky isn't "bleeding" at dusk and dawn anymore, it's more blue/violet but YALM fits Skellige a little better than CL does.

With Vesemas' preset (vibrance set to -27)

And one without any reshade preset

Maybe it's just me, but the metals look a little shinier.

Attachments

• yalm01.jpg
    yalm01.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 50
  • yalm02.jpg
    yalm02.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 57
  • yalm03.jpg
    yalm03.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 45
  • yalm04.jpg
    yalm04.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 58
Sometimes the sign effects and particles won't show up when casting. Even drowners set on fire won't disply the flames on their bodies.
Also just before the sun rises all shadows become orange, almost white, lol. Did this happen to anyone else?
Hmm it seems to be some time of the day, all sign effects are gone lol. When the sun rises a bit more everything comes back to normal.

Last edited:
@Asmodean778 may I know what's the difference between your weather mod and KNG cutscene lighting mod? Excuse me for my ignorance I didn't keep up with the game for the past three weeks

I check this thread every day in hopes for a miracle
:sad:
same friend. sadly, without the redkit 2, there's not much the modding community can do. in fact, there may be some people who are no longer hyped TW3 or modding it, and i find myself to going there slowly as time goes by.
they promised they would restore the original graphical fidelity as time goes by, and yet almost nothing (aside the blood in water, which is not as good as the E3 2014 Demo).
despite all that, i'm still hoping for a miracle to happen. thanks to talented people like @KNGRSM and @essenthy , we managed to make some progress despite not having proper modding tools.

I still cant get over the way they handled the PR with this no matter how hard i try im still pissed off. How can a company work so hard to foster a reputation of being consumer friendly and then tarnish it so readily and for what? from elder blood onwards the marketing machine was in complete denial until after release and then a shrug of the shoulders "we didn't think it was problem". God forbid you admit the game isn't perfect before release eh? might harm preorders!, least with companies like EA they would say nothing, not completely lie about it fanning the flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom