[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
This is such a weird thread title and complaint. Of course the immersion is broken, because the game is over and its not actively trying to immerse you anymore. Its over. Thats like saying "The taste of my sandwhich is broken" after you finished eating the sandwhich. Of course it doesn't have taste anymore, because its gone!

Am I taking crazy pills? This seems like common sense to me.

No, it's not like saying that. This is a fantastic game, don't get me wrong. This is why so many feel hollow after all your companions despawn from existence. If this was not a great game, we could care less.

Our complaint, is that everyone disappears for no reason. People you have created bonds with.
Simply bringing them back obviously means nothing to a few out there. So, the point here, is, "what can we do to make them more than just empty, shiftless bodies?" There's is also the fact that other RPG's have found ways to address this issue. Again, such as Skyrim, ME and Dragon Age(read my previous comments). It is something the game already supports, too... on account of a simple PC "follow" console command that can be typed in. An easy fix to a big problem, right there. Especially, when combined with the existing PC mod that keeps all your allies in the game, post story. Obviously, it's what the community wants, if people have gone out of their way to make such a mod. Realistically, CDProjekt wouldn't even have to do anything. They could just coordinate with the authors of the mod and release it on console. Sometimes, some of the most popular mods are brought in by developers and made part of the final product.

So, I say bring em back!

Frankly, I'm surprised that Sony hasn't openly embraced mods, as they have last gen. This wouldn't even be an issue lol

Last edited:
Something is happening!

Glad to hear.... but i think it would be a little bit too early to get the "Fix" everyone wants....it needs time
the waiting until i can play this game again is terrible...really.....

Btw, again many more threads about this issue showing up everywhere.
it is really the "Achilles heel" of this game....

Last edited:
This is such a weird thread title and complaint. Of course the immersion is broken, because the game is over and its not actively trying to immerse you anymore. Its over. Thats like saying "The taste of my sandwhich is broken" after you finished eating the sandwhich. Of course it doesn't have taste anymore, because its gone!

Am I taking crazy pills? This seems like common sense to me.
I understand the point of your words but if they didn't want to break immersion and not planned playability after credits why they let us play after main quests finished? So it turns out that we have not finished eating sandwish but taste is already gone. That's where immersion is breaking.

First time posting, but after reading through this forum I felt inspired to throw in my opinion.

To me, this seems like a nobrainer. I mean, not that it would necessarily be "easy", but I feel like it wouldn't be too difficult to throw Yen and Triss back into the game (the two characters that seem to be the most in demand), record a few more lines of dialogue, and given them a some simple scripted routines to carry out. Same goes for pretty much all the characters. Obviously that's pretty much the bare minimum, and more than that would be awesome, but even the minimum would make most folks content.

Heck, slap a $5 dollar price tag on it even. I get the impression that just about everyone commenting would be more than willing to fork over some dough if it meant more time with these characters. Not only do you make the people happy, but you make a decent chunk of change on the side. I mean, am I missing something here? I am surprised that CD Projekt RED isn't all over this. Again, a nobrainer from my perspective.

One last thing as future DLC goes. Look, there are plenty of monsters to kill as is in Witcher 3. While a few more wouldn't hurt, I think future DLC should be more character focused. That seems to be what the fans, and myself, care about the most. It's what makes the Witcher 3 special and not, ya know, Skyrim.

Peace.

I just cut off Radovid head but i am still hearing "long live radovid". and please gimme more Triss scene. The last time i saw triss is when she said
"Good luck" to me at post final battle.
I WANT MY TRISS BACK! Please add more dialogue for triss, no more "Well?" shit please xD

Last edited:
LMAO. If they did this it won't be a measly $5. They will add in a couple of quests and charge you $20.

The season pass for DLC is $25 and CD Projekt RED has said it will add about 30 hours of game time. So if they were to charge $20 for such an addition, it would likely add a great deal.

Well that's precisely my point. Give them use. In the PC version you can simply target the NPC and have them accompany you wherever you go and fight/ venture with you.
I still can't understand why you need this. You just want to increase your Steam playing hours by chatting with people or what?

I still can't understand why you need this. You just want to increase your Steam playing hours by chatting with people or what?

It would make the game world feel less lonely/empty. I think a lot of people will still have a lot of sidequests and "?" open after they beat the story. Once they get to Kaer Morhen after beating the story, doing the sidequests feels pointless and the world feels empty so that they won't bother to do the remaining sidemissions.

If they think 'it's just a waste of time" = Enjoy the broken immersion :)
Still waiting for the announcement/Patch/DLC. If it will ever happen
Waste of time that can bring them good amount of bucks if we count all people who want this content.

Still waiting for the announcement/Patch/DLC.

Who not ?
They can't ignore it.
Too many have a big problem with the game end.
For many players (like me) it's actually not playable again....

And like i said before.
Selling millions of copies of a game is one thing...Keeping The fans for future projects another
And so many would gladly pay for a satisfying "Ending". Me too.
Just ignoring the criticism would be a big mistake.

But it should not take ages...
Because at some point you will lose the interest in the game and also believe in the devs, and then you remember only the bad ending of a great game.
And this would be really sad !

Last edited:
Who not ?
They can't ignore it.
Too many have a big problem with the game end.
For many players (like me) it's actually not playable again....

And like i said before.
Selling millions of copies of a game is one thing...Keeping The fans for future projects another
And so many would gladly pay for a satisfying "Ending". Me too.
Just ignoring the criticism would be a big mistake.

But it should not take ages...
Because at some point you will lose the interest in the game and also believe in the devs, and then you remember only the bad ending of a great game.
And this would be really sad !

I completely agree!

I know about that RED guys are made some kind of a bond between Devs and community but do you really think that they are concerned about keeping fans after selling millions of copies? They already gain the profit. If they sell millions copies then game was good and there is nothing that need fix.

I know about that RED guys are made some kind of a bond between Devs and community but do you really think that they are concerned about keeping fans after selling millions of copies? They already gain the profit. If they sell millions copies then game was good and there is nothing that need fix.

Sad to say it, but I agree... they got their development road map for DLC and expansions laid out already, and the general voices in the media are not reflecting what people here on the forums say... so, yea, they might understand where our complains come from, but I doubt they really will act on them in any meaningful (and work intensive) way. They might surprise me, and proof me wrong, but I don't think so... they are still a company with limited resources, after all.

Ofcourse, they also might decide to do an EE as a thank you to their fans, since the game was REALLY successful... but I think they actually expected it to be, this time. ;)

Top Bottom