99% of my crowns(money) disappeared

+
99% of my crowns(money) disappeared

I was in novigrad with 60k crowns or so and just sold a bunch of stuff and reached around 67k crowns. After I fast traveled to Kaer Morhen I lost most of my crown and was at about 3k. Luckily I had a previous save and I reloaded it up and sold all my stuff again at various different places, Crow's perch and Novigrad, just like prosperously before and I reached 67k again and I fast traveled to Skellige and I lost all my crowns and was down to about 1.3k crowns. I am a PS4 player please fix this I want to play and still keep my vast amount of crowns.

---------- Updated at 11:37 PM ----------

After some experimenting it seems like my money only disappears when i hit the 66k mark and only after I fast travel to whole new area such as Kaer Morhen or Skellige and not local fast travel such as fast traveling from Novigrad to Crow's Perch.

Last edited:
The game has a cap of 65,535 crown on the ps4. if you are over that when you fast travel (auto save) or manually save it rolls over to zero. Not a bug. Its the way the game is coded for the console.

Money glitch

I was in novigrad with 60k crowns or so and just sold a bunch of stuff and reached around 67k crowns. After I fast traveled to Kaer Morhen I lost most of my crown and was at about 3k. Luckily I had a previous save and I reloaded it up and sold all my stuff again at various different places, Crow's perch and Novigrad, just like prosperously before and I reached 67k again and I fast traveled to Skellige and I lost all my crowns and was down to about 1.3k crowns. I am a PS4 player please fix this I want to play and still keep my vast amount of crowns.

After some experimenting it seems like my money only disappears when i hit the 66k mark and only after I fast travel to whole new area such as Kaer Morhen or Skellige and not local fast travel such as fast traveling from Novigrad to Crow's Perch.

I have got the exact same problem i'm not sure what makes it disappear i'm around 65k, Thought it was a quest doing it however it is still doing it after leaving that quest alone!! It takes me down to anything from 3k to under 1k which basically breaks my game because i've done more or less every question mark which i've found to be the best way to get crowns!! (money) It also seems to bug out on several saves, saves where i've checked i have all my money before i manual save then reload and then it's all gone ... NEEDS FIXING ASAP !!

I have got the exact same problem i'm not sure what makes it disappear i'm around 65k, Thought it was a quest doing it however it is still doing it after leaving that quest alone!! It takes me down to anything from 3k to under 1k which basically breaks my game because i've done more or less every question mark which i've found to be the best way to get crowns!! (money) It also seems to bug out on several saves, saves where i've checked i have all my money before i manual save then reload and then it's all gone ... NEEDS FIXING ASAP !!

Nothing to fix because its NOT A BUG. 65,535 is the max amount of crown the console was programmed to handle before rolling to 0. Why you even need that many crowns is beyond me. I have 20k crowns and its been more then enough.

Sounds a bit like the money count cap in GTAV until they patched it, except it was over $2.1 billion. Funny thought: if each coin had the same weight of a small historic Austro-Hungarian Gold Crown (A 10 Korona Gold Coin) of 3.39g & Geralt was lugging 65,535 of them around with him, he would be carrying over 222 kg of metal. No wonder he needs Roach nearby.

Last edited:
Nothing to fix because its NOT A BUG. 65,535 is the max amount of crown the console was programmed to handle before rolling to 0. Why you even need that many crowns is beyond me. I have 20k crowns and its been more then enough.
Are you serious? That is the very definition of a bug. No game ever decides to erase your money when you go over a cap. In what universe is that considered acceptable game mechanics? If they have a cap they it should stay at the cap not let you go over then erase the money.

The game has a cap of 65,535 crown on the ps4. if you are over that when you fast travel (auto save) or manually save it rolls over to zero. Not a bug. Its the way the game is coded for the console.

Bug or not, they need to fix this because this is absolutely unacceptable. I've heard and played of games having a gold cap and it's usually an incredibly high amount but I've never heard of a game that will round your money to zero and especially at such a low amount. A game should never have that kind of system in place. It doesn't make sense why a player should be punished for doing incredibly well especially in a single player game. It doesn't make any sense at all and I will not have a game taking away the money I've made for the possibility that I might need it in the future for anything.They gotta change this ASAP because at this point my game is unplayable in my current save.

A RPG game with the 2 most annoying bug:
- no xp gain
- all money lost...

I spent hours to collect items and sold it to the right vendor to optimize money. I did not use ay glitch to earn my money and now i have lost all my 65k crowns..

Please fix this!!!!

A money limit in a RPG????? What a dumb idea from the devs...

Well it's obvious cdprojektred needs to fix this pronto so how do we go about this? Do we need to send in a ticket? Call the customer service line? Hope they pick up on this thread or do we just wait until there is a big enough ruckus that they finally get around to it which won't be very long considering how absurd this matter is how easy it is to trigger. Any ideas people?

Really not happy about this, just lost all my money, why punish us for doing well. Going to have to go back through days of lost progress to find a save with my money as it was and find ways to invest it in gear. This needs to be changed to a cap on cash not a rape on the players pocket. Really annoyed about this.

i'm about 47k in my death march save... seems that i'll have to spend a little so this "bug" don't get me... what a joke.
An rpg that constantly give you 0 XP and taking money from you :/
Money cap should work as any other game, if you reach 65535 and you get more money then it should stay at 65535 and not REMOVE your money.

An open world RPG that is all about hoarding and collecting/selling/buying stuff that runs gold back to zero after overflowing a signed Integer.. Lol.. Nothing of this is a feature I hope but a big bug.

A 65K limit is as silly as it gets.

It's definitely not a bug. As it is, the amount of money you have is coded using 16 bits, meaning that, including 0, you get 2^16 = 65356 integers. They have coded the entire inventory in this manner. You just really don't notice it because usually you don't accumulate 65k of anything.

The next patch is supposedly going to "fix" it.

Edit: In the meantime you can make due with buying Florens from the pawn shop in Novigrad and exchanging them at the same rate at Vivaldi's. While certainly not a fix, it can help alleviate the issue.

Last edited:
I don't believe the cap has anything to do with it I had about 27k then it all disappeared it still happens now when I only have a few k.

Hard cap for crowns in The Witcher 3 game in PS4 is 65,535 you surely hit the cap thats why it was taken out when you fast travel or save/load game. CDPR mentioned that this cap will no longer be present on the upcoming 1.07 patch but they also didn't mentioned that the crowns lost will be returned as this isn't an MMORPG which hold data of the players.

Please be guided accordingly thanks!

You lose money if you get your ass kicked by one of the NPC Guards for stealing stuff. Maybe that's what happened.

Put me in for another who lost his money and yet had a low amount to begin with. I waited all week for this patch, holding around sixteen-thousand gold, at most. I install the patch, load up, boom, I have ten. Not ten thousand. Just ten, period. Ridiculous.

Not died to any npc 1 minute it's there i load a saved file next time I'm on and it's gone regardless of how little I have. I don't bother making more than 1-2k now since it just dissappear at some point

Top Bottom