How will they do the expansions with no level scaling?

+
How will they do the expansions with no level scaling?

So, if the expansions are set during the events of WIld Hunt, and there's no level scaling. how do you deicde what "reccomended level" to put the expansions under?

From what I can tell, there's no real good solution here.

1.) Expansions are low level (1-10)
+Can be fit nicely in the middle of the game
+A new game could be started just to play the expansions.
-Most people will have finished W3 by October, those who don't want to start a new game just for expansions will be severely over-levelled.
-Playing the expansions further over-levels you for the main quest

2.) Expansions are mid level (10-25)
+Again, relatively easy to fit into last 2/3 of the game.
-People will eithee still be well over-levelled, or well under-levelled, so will have to play a decent chunk of the game again just to play it with reasonable challenge.
-Playing the expansions further over-levels you for the main quest

3.) Expansions are high level (25+)
+Those who finished the game will be at a good level (well, if its at the 33-36) range.
-Essentially forces people to play the expansions after the main quest within the empty stagnate world that's left behind. Furthermore, a lot of people don't like to continue to play beyond the main story (unless it specifically expanded upon, ie: DA: Awakening).

I wonder how CDPR plans/planned to tackle this issue? Do you think they'll potentially scale the expansions?

I think they'll introduce new monsters, but still new monsters gotta have level too so maybe the new monsters will scale.

Have they already ruled out the possibility of post-ending content?
They have confirmed in an interview both expansions are within the story of the Witcher: Wild Hunt, running within the time frame, rather than after the ending.
It could also be after battling Eredin , before Ciri confronts the White Frost, or after, but even after the White Frost the timeframe could still be before epilogue.

But "rather than after the ending" to me means exactly when Geralt was teleported back after finishing the game, since most ppl will have finished the game by the time the 1st expansion comes out.

Last edited:
They have confirmed in an interview both expansions are within the story of the Witcher: Wild Hunt, running within the time frame, rather than after the ending.

It could also be after battling Eredin , before Ciri confronts the White Frost, or after, but even after the White Frost the timeframe could still be before epilogue.

But "rather than after the ending" to me means exactly when Geralt was teleported back after finishing the game.

Bummer. I was really hoping for a post-game DLC/expansion with Ciri the Witcher.

I don't like the way the base game deals with leveling. I think the best scaling would be to have every quest be within your range no matter your level. Nobody want's to be overleveled and effortlessly go through the new content.

This way you'll never be over or underleveled.

Imo that is really stupid if true. The ending is so unsatisfying in regards to closure. I was hoping the dlc would better expand upon the ending.

Last edited:
I'm sure this is something they are considering, While CDPR doesn't individually respond to every concern, they have a track record of showing they do listen to fans. The amount of traction the overleveling and difficulty curve problems have had I am certain CDPR is aware of it and will probably add some re-balancing to the game to make the expansion content fit in properly.

I'm a bit more curious (not really concerned, I have faith) on how they will fit the expansions in lore-wise, the first one sure, but I have a hard time justifying Geralt's merry jaunt all the way to Toussaint in the middle of his hunt for Ciri and fighting The Wild Hunt but I'm sure it'll work it's way in nicely, and even if not I'm okay with breaking that immersion.

Top Bottom