Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need dialogue options, Geralt says one of those by default here and there. I find it also ironic how Geralts feelings for Yen causes drama between Geralt and Triss from the very beginning and creates a dramatic build up from the zero point for Triss content but on the contrary his feelings for Triss doesn't create any drama between Geralt and Yen until The Last Wish, you only see the pay off after that point and a real drama only if you reject Yen in the Last Wish. So before the last wish Geralt and Yen's whole dynamic is built up on flirtations which is imo more appealing than the drama dynamic.(I realize that there is no proof to such indication but I feel that way when I look at how things play out)

Because the whole game (before and after last wish) implies that after recovering his memories, Geralt is again in an "official" relationship with Yen. They never broke up when they died so in a way it makes sense. You are NOT "choosing" to start a relationship Yen in the last wish, the choice is about continuing the relationship that carried over unbroken from the books or breaking up.

In other words, basically you are not playing Geralt from games 1&2. You are playing a Geralt fresh from the last book.

Ohhh and I don't like this design choice in the slightest :(

Last edited:
Because the whole game (before and after last wish) implies that after recovering his memories, Geralt is again in an "official" relationship with Yen. They never broke up when they died so in a way it makes sense. You are NOT "choosing" to start a relationship Yen in the last wish, the choice is about continuing the relationship that carried over unbroken from the books or breaking up.

In other words, basically you are not playing Geralt from games 1&2. You are playing a Geralt fresh from the last book.

Ohhh and I don't like this design choice in the slightest :)

Awe man that is so F up.

It was good that after he got his memories back he didn't lose his memories of his relationship with Triss. He is obviously conflicted and the same can be said for Triss because I doubt she wanted to give him up.

She probably decided that despite the hurt it was best if he decides what he wants. After last wish quest, it was official for me. I wanted Triss back.

If this is actually what they were thinking in the development of the game, it was a massive mistake.

Ohhh and I don't like this design choice in the slightest :(

You should never be forced to flirt with someone in an rpg based around choice. It's so inconsistent to flirt with her all the time in skellige and then reject her in the last wish as if you were just leading her on.

If this is actually what they were thinking in the development of the game, it was a massive mistake.

It is the game we have.

I'm not talking about Geralt feelings for each of the sorceress.

I'm talking about Geralt and Yen being an "official" couple. That's why Yen is so pissed about Geralt "cheating" on her with Triss, because to her, they haven't "broken up" (and in fact they haven't, not in person at least). He also recognizes this fact, by making excuses (amnesia) and not saying something like, "we were not together so what I did or didn't is no business of yours".

The other problem there are many voice actresses for all the different languages. They won't do anything for just one language.

I think that's going to make this issue very hard to solve... By what REDDorigen said, I understood that there aren't more dialogues recorded with Triss. Thus, they have eight languages, and dozens of actors to be called to record again in different studios across the world... That's something probably very expensive :(

It is the game we have.

I'm talking about Geralt and Yen being an "official" couple. That's why Yen is so pissed about Geralt "cheating" on her with Triss, because to her, they haven't "broken up" (and in fact they haven't, not in person at least). He also recognizes this fact, by making excuses (amnesia) and not saying something like, "we were not together so what I did or didn't is no business of yours".

But as soon as Geralt got his memory back, he and Triss ended their relationship... It was not his fault he couldn't remember Yennefer. And just like Geralt had other women during his amnesia, Yennefer also tried to seduce Letho's friends, from what he told us in The Witcher 2...

Last edited:
It is the game we have.

It's really stupid how it's implied they never broke up. So Geralt gets amnesia, starts sleeping with another woman for 2 years and doesn't come and find you when you've been kidnapped and Yennifer still considers them not broken up when Geralt gets his memory back.

It's also a massive contradiction having her not take the I had amnesia excuse as valid because if that's not a valid excuse then Geralt is responsible for cheating on her and not seeing her for 2 years which would be in affect ending the relationship.

Last edited:
I t

But as soon as Geralt got his memory back, he and Triss ended their relationship... It was not his fault he couldn't remember Yennefer. And just like Geralt had other women during his amnesia, Yennefer also tried to seduce Letho's friends, from what he told us in The Witcher 2...

That's kinda BS though, he may not have remembered the specifics and feelings but sure as heck he was aware he was in a serious relationship like.. almost immediately after he arrived at KM after escaping the Wild Hunt.
You'd think the other witchers would have mentioned something like that.

I don't think it's a choice, rather an automated response by Geralt to Yen commenting on his gala doublet.

Triss complements Geralt on his clothing also just before the party and all Geralt says is he hates wearing the outfit. If he says it to Yen then why not Triss?

Redomyr is right though. Having said that, either the first two games were massive mistakes as far as romances go, or the decision in W3 for the Amnesia gone->your choices flushed down the toilet is.

---------- Updated at 10:57 PM ----------

Triss complements Geralt on his clothing also just before the party and all Geralt says is he hates wearing the outfit. If he says it to Yen then why not Triss?

For the same reason this thread even exists: Triss' romance is very downplayed if not an afterthought.

Remember the only thing separating the official full blown romance with her and turning her down is the lighthouse scene and 10 seconds of end credits.
That's it, the rest works perfectly for a neutral or negative choice, kiss at the party included.

That's kinda BS though, he may not have remembered the specifics and feelings but sure as heck he was aware he was in a serious relationship like.. almost immediately after he arrived at KM after escaping the Wild Hunt.
You'd think the other witchers would have mentioned something like that.

Well, call it a plothole but they didn't tell him anything about her. That's what's implied in the journals of The Witcher 1 at least since he doesn't remember anything. During The Witcher 1, it appears in your journal something like "I feel that somewhere in the past I loved a sorcereress but can't remember who".

I found the quote in the wiki:

My amnesia prevents me from remembering our relations [with Triss] in the past, but I have the impression I once loved a sorceress, deeply
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Identity#Love

Well, call it a plothole but they didn't tell him anything about her. That's what's implied in the journals of The Witcher 1 at least since he doesn't remember anything. During The Witcher 1, it appears in your journal something like "I feel that somewhere in the past I loved a sorcereress but can't remember who".

I found the quote in the wiki:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Identity#Love

Ouch, that breaks my heart. It shows a time when CDPR was willing to put player choice over lore.
The point of the Amnesia was to maximise player choice in a already estabilished universe (Sapkowski's books).
As I said earlier, removing it completely for the final installment, thereby nullifying your own personal Geralt identity, is a huge copout.

Double-whammy: lousy contrived premise for the first (also a bit the 2nd) game story-wise (because freedom had to come first and foremost) versus heavy deterministic freeless experience for the third one.
The sum of these parts is a odd experience at the very least.

Last edited:
It is the game we have.

Exactly, he uses the amnesia excuse twice in the game, one near the start and one after he gets back together with Triss and breaking up with Yen, it was also like the developers had this linear story they wanted to tell in regards to Yen and Geralt being back together. The game put us back in a relationship with Yen and then the game starts telling the story from the perspective of them being a couple.

Either the devs forgot to acknowledge that Geralt can be with Triss or they planned that most players would choose Yen and that it would be satisfying for them. Since the amnesia is gone, Geralt is back to being the Geralt from the books more than the Geralt from the games - and this makes it feel like it is a standalone game, not to mention how the relationship with Triss from the previous games only adds to the drama between Yen and Geralt. Geralt had plenty of opportunities in the game to mention to Yen (and other characters) he is with Triss yet the developers never allowed any of this.

Remember the only thing separating the official full blown romance with her and turning her down is the lighthouse scene and 10 seconds of end credits.
That's it, the rest works perfectly for a neutral or negative choice, kiss at the party included.

There's a bit more romance content than that. Talking about the future, the shut-up-kiss at the Chameleon, Geralt teasing Triss when you find the earrings, pissing Yen off (fantastic scene, it's amusing how you only see it if you choose Triss), some lines here and there ("Me and Yen, we'll never be a couple"), etc, etc.
And Yen's romance content is, what, a pre-rendered sex scene, a talk about the future and some occasional dialogue changes?

Your choice does fuck-all either way. And pretty much every other main character needs more content in the last part of the game, Triss included.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom