List of changes and cut content from the May 2014 leaks (copied from Reddit)

+
The lack of Iorveth and The Scoia'tael is what irks me the most :/

Okay. This might be a spoiler to anyone that doesn't know....but [SPOILERS] is in the Heading/Title of this Thread so here I go.

I overheard two Squirrel Elves talking about Iorveth in the camp where the saved Elf travels to (In Velan). One said that he saw Iorveth riddled with arrows. Looked like a porcupine...
You can guess as to the implications of that.

Last edited:
Okay. This might be a spoiler to anyone that doesn't know....but [SPOILERS] is in the Heading/Title of this Thread so here I go.

I overheard two Squirrel Elves talking about Iorveth in the camp where the saved Elf travels to (In Velan). One said that he saw Iorveth riddled with arrows. Looked like a porcupine...

I heard that too.

Bottom line, the game would have been much larger originally... that kinda hurts. ;/

...especially the additional mini games.

Many people on these forums prefer Witcher 1's story to Witcher 2's, just an FYI. Your opinion does not = unquestioned fact.

Indeed, and I am one of them.

TW2 has a good story, mostly because of how layered and political it is, but ultimately the stakes feel a bit flat compared to a force threatening the very world - it ends up feeling a bit like a side-story as well, with Geralt simply tagging along for the ride rather than it being Geralt's story.

TW3's character stories I especially love, and the interaction between the characters. First game where we have so many staple characters of the series together.

---------- Updated at 03:07 PM ----------

I never said otherwise?

It's the tone. You may not have literally said it but the tone of your post sounds like "My will is doctrine."

---------- Updated at 03:09 PM ----------

That really sucks.

Iorveth's interaction with the main plot would actually be SO interesting. As someone who has been fighting for the Aen Seidhe for centuries AND has a sort of immutable view of elves/terrible view of humans, it would've been very interesting to see his reactions to the Aen Elle and whether this would've affected him in any way.

Iorveth's interaction with the main plot would actually be SO interesting. As someone who has been fighting for the Aen Seidhe for centuries AND has a sort of immutable view of elves/terrible view of humans, it would've been very interesting to see his reactions to the Aen Elle and whether this would've affected him in any way.

I don't want to think about this. Iorveth would have been much more interesting then Roche.

I hope this was an interesting read for you guys. Part 2 will tackle some of the side quests in the prologue witch were changed quite heavily, details about a quest involving a sentient water hag, and more information about the monsters that were cut from the final version of the game."

So where is part 2.

Síle de Tansarville was listed as a main character. Unfortunately, there is no information about the role she would play. This is probably why her inclusion in the final game feels so insignificant. It's also possible that the same thing happened to Frangila Vigo and Margarita Laux-Antille, considering time was obviously put into their models and choice of voice actors, yet they show up for about 5 minutes.
I have this leaked files, and one of the reasons I was eager to buy and play this game was Sheala. This is what I was waiting for:

She was meant to be a main character with, at least 2 appearances.

And her role in the W3.

Should I say that this 5 seconds in actual game was nothing I was expecting after reading leaked files some years ago? :geraltsad:

I have this leaked files, and one of the reasons I was eager to buy and play this game was Sheala. This is what I was waiting for:

She was meant to be a main character with, at least 2 appearances.

And her role in the W3.

Should I say that this 5 seconds in actual game was nothing I was expecting after reading leaked files some years ago? :geraltsad:

So she was tortured even in the leaked files?CDPR really hate Sheala for some reason :(

So she was tortured even in the leaked files?CDPR really hate Sheala for some reason
There should be big Sheala hater, amongst RED's, that's for sure =( I am not sure, but as she was meant to be saved, and her W2 model was used, her damages was not nearly as in the actual game. Maybe she suffered only nail removal from one of her hands. Poor girl :sadtriss:

I don't get your complaints.,
She was responsible for the Death of a Northern King and Letho said that Nilfgaard is also after her. There are Witch Hunts where the game takes place.
I don't really understand your surprise that she died. Letho foresaw this at the end of Witcher 2.
How is it that surprising that she got caught and tortured? Why has it anything to do with REDS hating her? Are sorceresses holy and people not allowed to harm them? It made perfectly sense for CDP to just let her die in that prison. Plotwise and because of the fact that 50%+- of the players wouldn't see her content. (it would have been stupid to give her a big role in the first place and they probably realized that)

Letho foresaw this at the end of Witcher 2.
Is Letho a prophet of some kind? He thought, that will be allowed to rebuild his school of witchers. Will it happened? No.
And, please, it is an RPG, where was a chance to save favorite character (can you imagine, that despite her deeds and flaws there is people who like her more than anyone?). It is upsetting, that there was a choice, this choice made into the list of choices in the beginning of the new game, and in the end it won't matter. I have all rights to be dissapointed.
And, please, even if you hate a character, do not go personal on me for my different preferences.

Then just write that your are disappointed that the didn't play a bigger role and not some non-sense that CDP hates her because they wrote her in a way, that makes perfectly sense plotwise but you just didn't like because fangirling.

Top Bottom