yorveth path

+
Dwarves! More seriously, not everything done in previous games has to connect with The Witcher 3, may as well say "what was the point of The Witcher 1 & 2?" while we are at it.

Dwarves! More seriously, not everything done in previous games has to connect with The Witcher 3, may as well say "what was the point of The Witcher 1 & 2?" while we are at it.

They chose to have a "clean state" because of the new adopters. Too clean in my opinion tho, they handled the import so poorly. It's not like they did better with W1 to W2 but since W2 sold VERY VERY well, I thought they would have put more effort in it

Neither of the Paths is relevant but I would say Iorveth´s path is more relevant because you meet and get to know an important character - Philippa.

On Roche´s path, you get to know Henselt and Dethmold more who are absolutely irrelevant.

The point of the Iorveth path is that by playing it, you get a lot of key pieces to fill in the puzzle that is the Witcher 2's story. If you side with Iorveth from the beginning, you learn:

- That Philippa Eilheart really is a villain, regardless of her goals or motives.
- All about why there was a dragon at La Valette castle and what the story is with that.
- That Triss is essentially a well-meaning idiot rather than a villain, and what happened to her.

I actually think the Roche path was more enjoyable, and it's clearly presented as the 'official' choice, but it's almost impossible to piece together who several of the key characters in the game are (and what they're really up to) if you go that route.

I have just finished the game and it was cool except for the fight against
Eredin. The difficulty was ok (I played on Death March) but because of his hitpoints it took me a bit too long so it became boring. Actually not the biggest of a problem. ^^
So far it was quite cool and the ONLY thing I am disappointed just now is the minimal impact of decisions/happenings from the previous games. Before playing TW3 I reinstalled TW2 and played it so I could start from a savegame I really like.
I joined Roche. I let Roche kill Henselt. I finished the game with Roche escaping and protecting Anaïs. Anaïs was even mentioned at the ending dialoque and I could see her sit at a fire together with Roche.
Was all of this senseless?
Actually I love this game but letting us think our choices matter and then make them not impacting TW3 is frustrating.

We all disappoint by it, as it's unavoidable to compare this to ME & DA series over Save Import mechanic.
Well, playing TW1 & TW2 are just for us know better the motive and character of Geralt and the others. But the prequels decision is pointless works.

Top Bottom