Witcher 3 might be getting a storage chest!

+
Just remake them. It's really easy to do. Storage chests are only needed for people that have a hoarder illness.

Hmmm... It's highly likely that people who horde items in games like this see no need for snarky, infantile descriptions for those that don't. I'll let you work out my point.

Hmmm... It's highly likely that people who horde items in games like this see no need for snarky, infantile descriptions for those that don't. I'll let you work out my point.

From the Mayo Clinic:
"Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. Excessive accumulation of items, regardless of actual value, occurs. People with hoarding disorder often don't see it as a problem, making treatment challenging. But intensive treatment can help people with hoarding disorder understand their compulsions and live safer, more enjoyable lives."

And:

Doctors and mental health professionals look for certain hoarding symptoms or characteristics when diagnosing a person with hoarding disorder:
•Excessive and persistent collection of items regardless of material worth
•Absolute inability to part with any of the collected items
•The accumulation fills up entire living or working space, making normal use impossible
•Hoarding behavior causes significant anxiety and distress in the hoarder that impairs functioning in daily life

So you see I'm here to help you guys overcome your mental disorder.

You do realise we're talking about a game, yes? Anyone who hordes stuff in games usually does so through past experience of having not held onto stuff in previous games, only to discover they'd missed out on something pretty damn cool that they could've had otherwise.

you know the first thing that will happen if storage chest is implemented:

people will complain they can't swap that armor around in the field and must go back to a chest.

Cmon stop arguing just let people enjoye the game as they want to!
If somebody wants an option to store things give it to them, its not like it breaks the game for all the other ones!

From the Mayo Clinic:
"Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions .... distress .... Excessive accumulation of items .... hoarding disorder ..... a problem, making treatment challenging. ....."

Do you think that mayonaise clinic has a description too, for people who enjoy whacking others over the head with a sword ? Killing others whenever it is convenient ? Killing others just because you can get away with ? Killing others without remorse ?

If behaviour in games, or behaviour in fantasies, is an indicator for mental problems, maybe we should all go in psycho-therapy immediately !!

But Witcher 3 already has a storage chest.

It's called, drop your crap anywhere and it will stay there forever. I do this in places I frequent often like Kaer Trolde Smith, Crows Perch, Hierach Square, etc.

From the Mayo Clinic:
"Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. Excessive accumulation of items, regardless of actual value, occurs. People with hoarding disorder often don't see it as a problem, making treatment challenging. But intensive treatment can help people with hoarding disorder understand their compulsions and live safer, more enjoyable lives."

And:

Doctors and mental health professionals look for certain hoarding symptoms or characteristics when diagnosing a person with hoarding disorder:
•Excessive and persistent collection of items regardless of material worth
•Absolute inability to part with any of the collected items
•The accumulation fills up entire living or working space, making normal use impossible
•Hoarding behavior causes significant anxiety and distress in the hoarder that impairs functioning in daily life

So you see I'm here to help you guys overcome your mental disorder.

i really hope no professional looks at my oblivion save then or i'll be committed in a heart beat.every piece of furniture in every room of every house i own is full of items,it would probably take many hours of gameplay just to sell it all.

on topic this is excellent news,hopefully it will be in the big update at the latest.it really should hav been in there from the start though.

wouldnt need a chest if they sorted out the inventory bloat

gonna be too late for me,as the games getting stale.

Most of the weight comes from armor/weapons so yes a chest would still be needed even if they revamp the inventory a la Witcher 2 with weight, more categories, and stuff.

Clearly. The feeling is mutual.

Why not? Just the witcher gear sets push way past the available encumbrance. There are a few times we're given a special item from someone who claims it's been in the family for generations as a reward; feels pretty tacky to vendor it for a handful of gold. Ideally, I should be able to store it at Kaer Morhen to trot out the next winter while telling stories from the path and slugging White Gull with the lads.

The first two games had inventory management and storage with Innkeepers. It's a feature left out of the release probably for no other reason than to fill out the 16 free dlc program. It's either a glaring oversight, or deliberate.

I don't HAVE to do anything, I play on a PC, I tired of the silly inventory mini-game pretty quickly and changed my limit to 500lbs until the standard storage feature of the previous two games gets deployed either next week or the week after.

It's dealt with on my end...In a few weeks it'll be dealt with from CDPR's end as well.

Basically, your argument is: They made it this way, therefore its preserved in amber and shouldn't be changed no matter how inconvenient of different from previous games.

Mine/ours is: The way it's made is dumb, and is a departure from previous games, so it should be fixed/changed.

No, my point is that this rule have a really specific reason behind it. And it will be dumb to add a storage chest when, at the same time, you have the saddlebags.
The only possible way to make a storage chest without making saddlebags useless and waste of money, is to add a limit to the chest itself, and in order to put items into it you have to pay more then the cost of a saddlebag.

No, my point is that this rule have a really specific reason behind it. And it will be dumb to add a storage chest when, at the same time, you have the saddlebags.
The only possible way to make a storage chest without making saddlebags useless and waste of money, is to add a limit to the chest itself, and in order to put items into it you have to pay more then the cost of a saddlebag.

The saddlebags have very limited storage (as they should, heck they're already past realism), but follow you wherever you are.
A storage chest located in ONE place would give you access to your stuff only if you travel there, which is sensible.

At the end of the day it's about realism more than game mechanics.. what reason is there not to be able to hoard some stuff?
The game IS open world and lets you go back to all places, and considering Witcher 2 had a magic chest (which made no sense int hat case), I don't see any possible reason not to have one here, where it'd make sense.

For instance, the chest could be located to Kaer Morhen so it would be quite hard to get to and by the time you can, you'd be so high level and rich saddlebags mechanics would be meaningless anyway.

The saddlebags have very limited storage (as they should, heck they're already past realism), but follow you wherever you are.
A storage chest located in ONE place would give you access to your stuff only if you travel there, which is sensible.

At the end of the day it's about realism more than game mechanics.. what reason is there not to be able to hoard some stuff?
The game IS open world and lets you go back to all places, and considering Witcher 2 had a magic chest (which made no sense int hat case), I don't see any possible reason not to have one here, where it'd make sense.

For instance, the chest could be located to Kaer Morhen so it would be quite hard to get to and by the time you can, you'd be so high level and rich saddlebags mechanics would be meaningless anyway.

If I had to redesign the storage/inventory, I'd combine two systems:
1. Personal storage (on Geralts person): Starts at 60 and can be raised via skills
2. Saddlebag storage (only accassible when riding): Based on the size of the saddlebags
3. Vault storage: Unlmited storage with the bank in Novigrad - has to be unlocked once by paying, say 500 crowns

If I had to redesign the storage/inventory, I'd combine two systems:
1. Personal storage (on Geralts person): Starts at 60 and can be raised via skills
2. Saddlebag storage (only accassible when riding): Based on the size of the saddlebags
3. Vault storage: Unlmited storage with the bank in Novigrad - has to be unlocked once by paying, say 500 crowns

Those are great ideas. It's very similar to how you can play in Skyrim (with the horse inventory mod), with bank of Novigrad substituted by your home.
Best for realism it'd be, without sacrificing much of the "weight/inventory limit" mechanics.

Those are great ideas. It's very similar to how you can play in Skyrim (with the horse inventory mod), with bank of Novigrad substituted by your home.
Best for realism it'd be, without sacrificing much of the "weight/inventory limit" mechanics.

I was actually thinking about the Skyrim saddlebags mod, true. ;)

If CDPR doesn't do it like that, I hope modders can do it... would be the best, most immersive solution, in my opinion.

I think I'd like it most if they made the wall in Kaer Morhen that Geralt mentions should be painted over into a sword and armor wall. Then you'd be able to like "save to collection" a sword or armor, and it would be hung on the wall. Maybe you wouldn't be allowed to use it after doing that ever again but you'd have a good looking wall of sword and armor collections. Would have to be deletable to swap out swords, but only when you are actually there or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom