Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with these points. 3-6 conversations between major characters in the last 1/3rd of the game would fix most of the inconsistency problems. There doesn't have to be a big expansion or new quest lines.

My short list would be something like this:

1. Battle of Kaer Morhen: a conversation with Triss and Yen, or separate conversations with each of them. At the moment there is no way to talk to them- they greet you at the gate, then it's straight to the plan in the great hall, and more planning when the battle is done.

2. Ciri: a conversation with Ciri about Triss and Yen. This can go anywhere really- Kaer Morhen, Bald Mountain, Novigrad, or Skellige. Novigrad while taking care of Ciri's affairs there might be most appropriate.

3. Triss and Ciri: Novigrad or Skellige scene with the two of them talking about Vesimir's death and the Lodge.

4. Yen and Ciri: Novigrad or Skellige scene with the two of them talking about Nilfgaard and Avallach. (See, I want more Yen as well!)

5. Dandelion and Zoltan: a conversation in Act 3 Novigrad about Triss, Yen, and other stuff going on. Drinking encouraged!

6. Ugly Baby at Kaer Morhen: some mention of Triss during conversations with the other witchers if the player has chosen her.

Of these, just having 2-4 would be great and would not require much in terms of resources.

I like this list, except I would take out number 4 Yen and Ciri and replace it with a dialogue with your love interest before the main battle (Yen already has it). I think this is super important and might be the most important, as an emotionless good luck from triss is just a cruel joke if you romance her.

That being said, I'd love a Ciri and yen dialogue but I feel like there's enough of that already, the more pressing issue is the one that's lacking a lot, which would be the triss issue. After that, I'm all for more dialogue with any and all of the characters, but only after the triss fix.

I think we should focus on making a list of additions that are feasible, from a technical point of view, not deletions of content that's already there. Ex. The Yen kiss at KM makes perfect sense too, don't forget the habit of history. I think the kiss was brilliant and Triss clearly gets mad.

Again, I think the stuff that's there already is brilliantly written If you take some time to think about how it connects Yo the other two games, and books.

I agree the kiss at KM can make sense for a number of reasons.
Also the flirting could make sense, and it would if it would have been played either more hesitantely or gravely.
Example: he could still feel the urge to admire/compliment her even though he has just made a commitment with another because she's he's longstanding ex and is obviously still enamored with her (and her appeareance, mannerism, etc.) Esp. after all the time separated <-the "taken away by memories and habits" explanation

Or, with the full weight of his choice on his conscience, he'd still compliment her, as you used to, but with a hint of sadness, a shadow cast on his tone. <-the "melancholic sensation of loss" explanation

Sadly, both can hardly be made fit what we actually see and hear on screen in those 2 situations.
The way the lines are delivered and the atmosphere makes it hard to contexualise them in a Triss romance situation.

Okay its 2AM here I should really get to bed. List so far:

Number 1 - One extra scene with Triss just before the final battle (My preference is that I would like to able to give Triss back the Rose of rememberance with it blooming)

Number 2 - Npc's are more aware of our romance choice - example = In Act 3, Ciri, Zoltan, Dandilion and Triss/Yen (depending on romance choice) sitting round a table chatting and playing gwent----> They comment on Geralt and Triss/Yen romance here.
-----> This would actually go a long way to fixing the lack of character
interactions in Act 3 - fixing two issues with one scene. ------------------------------------ Idea from @CaptainZamzabam

Number 3 - More Dialogue on the boat in Act 3 (if the first 2 points are achieved then this isn't really necessary imo what do you guys think?)

Number 4 - I feel as though Yen should confront Triss at Kaer Morhen, as it stands only Geralt gets shouted at - example= After Uma has transformed and Avalache has revealed Ciri's location. Geralt leaves the main gate and Triss arrives in the courtyard. They have a moment togther and Yen hears them - shitstorm begins lol. ------------------------------- Idea from @wright1978

Number 5 - I feel that Triss and Ciri should have an interaction highlighitng the Big Sister bond. - example = On boat in Skellige or in Chameleon they talk about Vesemir and the lodge --------------------------- Idea from @Trireme

Now I know that is a lot to ask so before anyone jumps on me - This is just a list of things I want if anything was possible.

As it stands I realistically would be happy with any 1 or 2 of these.

would like to say thanks for suggestions so far and I am glad to see we are actually now on topic and being productive lol - about time right-

Keep posting REALISTIC suggestions and discussing priorities, I will see them in the morning.

Good night guys.

P.S. I am reaaaaaallly happy with the first two ideas - if we got them my life would be complete lol

Last edited:
Number 4 - I feel as though Yen should confront Triss at Kaer Morhen, as it stands only Geralt gets shouted at - example= After Uma has transformed and Avalache has revealed Ciri's location. Geralt leaves the main gate and Triss arrives in the courtyard. They have a moment togther and Yen hears them - shitstorm begins lol. ------------------------------- Idea from @wright1978 .

There definitely should have been some kind of talk between them two. I mean Yennifer throws a bed out of a window, treats everyone terribly and Triss says absolutely nothing about it and it's like everything's fine when Triss arrives.

Again I don't know how likely it would be that CDprojekt would add something like this because it might be changing too much.

Yes they're probably the least important and the most easily fixable by modders (not requiring, in theory, any official dubbing), since they're cut/replace/paste job.

The rest of the stuff is entirely new content and then we're talking of CDPR intervention. No amount of modding could create those (due to lack of voice actor first and foremost).
Plus it's one thing to slightly alter stuff, another to heavily add. The second would be fanfiction, the former, correction/bugfix. Sorta.

Yeah thing is what we don't want is a super big list of demands thats not going to help anyone

I think we should put a limit of 6 suggestions so minor ones like these don't take precedeance

Number 1 - One extra scene with Triss just before the final battle (My preference is that I would like to able to give Triss back the Rose of rememberance with it blooming)

Number 2 - Npc's are more aware of our romance choice - example = In Act 3, Ciri, Zoltan, Dandilion and Triss/Yen (depending on romance choice) sitting round a table chatting and playing gwent----> They comment on Geralt and Triss/Yen romance here.
interactions in Act 3 - fixing two issues with one scene. ------------------------------------ Idea from @CaptainZamzabam

Number 3 - More Dialogue on the boat in Act 3 (if the first 2 points are achieved then this isn't really necessary imo what do you guys think?)

Number 4 - I feel as though Yen should confront Triss at Kaer Morhen, as it stands only Geralt gets shouted at - example= After Uma has transformed and Avalache has revealed Ciri's location. Geralt leaves the main gate and Triss arrives in the courtyard. They have a moment togther and Yen hears them - shitstorm begins lol. ------------------------------- Idea from @wright1978

Number 5 - I feel that Triss and Ciri should have an interaction highlighitng the Big Sister bond. - example = On boat in Skellige or in Chameleon they talk about Vesemir and the lodge --------------------------- Idea from @Trireme

Now I know that is a lot to ask so before anyone jumps on me - This is just a list of things I want if anything was possible.

As it stands I realistically would be happy with any 1 or 2 of these.

would like to say thanks for suggestions so far and I am glad to see we are actually now on topic and being productive lol - about time right-

Keep posting REALISTIC suggestions and discussing priorities, I will see them in the morning.

Good night guys.
Good night:) and thanks starting the list.
I think this is exactly what we need. I agree that number 3 can scratched if number 1 and 2 are met. The extra scene before Tue battle is a must, rose or no rose. Number 2 is also important and I like he idea of a drinking scene. Could be just dandelion and Zoltan if it's easier to implement, good old drunken guy talk with romances being mentioned. Number 4 I agree with as well, some sort or dialogue needs to happen At KM either way, with just triss or with both Yen and Triss. Number 5 also agree.

My list would look something like this:

1. Battle of Kaer Morhen: There needs to be a good conversation between Geralt, Triss and Yen. They need to talk about their relationship, and their relationship with ciri. Triss needs to be at Kaer Morhen or arrive with Geralt. She was schedule to leave for Kovir so it makes no sense logically to say she had other business to complete in Novagrad or somewhere else. Have Triss or Yen comfort Geralt after Vesemir death. For God sake the man lost his teacher/father and he gets no comfort from his lover? He needs it just as much as Ciri.

2. NPC are aware or you have the option of telling them during conversation who you are in a relationship with including the other witchers at Kaer Morhen.

3. Conversation with Ciri about Geralt's choice to be with Triss. I am sure Ciri would have questions about Geral breakup with Yen to be with Triss. Geralt and Ciri have time together at the cabin on the island of mist. The conversation could start there and later conclude at bald mountain.

4. Conversation between Ciri and Triss about her relationship with Geralt, can happen before final battle or after Geralt and Ciri get back from bald mountain. Also Triss needs to send Geralt of with something more than Good luck before final battle if you are romancing her.

5. Give Geralt some alone time with who ever he romance on the boat so they can continue the discussion about their future plans after the final battle. Triss promise details later, this would be the perfect time to continue that conversition.

6. A DLC monster dispatching quest with where Geralt can take his lover. It can be the same quest depending on who he's romancing, just different dialogue and conversation during the quest.

There definitely should have been some kind of talk between them two. I mean Yennifer throws a bed out of a window, treats everyone terribly and Triss says absolutely nothing about it and it's like everything's fine when Triss arrives.

Again I don't know how likely it would be that CDprojekt would add something like this because it might be changing too much.

I agree but it seemed like a given
that something should obviously happen between them
and it never did.

i was waiting for it for over 100 hrs lol

I agree with all 5 points, but I think Number 1 would also mean Yen having to get another scene. (Triss' fountain scene is supposed to be the "before the final battle" scene.)

Number 4 - I feel as though Yen should confront Triss at Kaer Morhen, as it stands only Geralt gets shouted at - example= After Uma has transformed and Avalache has revealed Ciri's location. Geralt leaves the main gate and Triss arrives in the courtyard. They have a moment togther and Yen hears them - shitstorm begins lol

This would have to be before Avallac'h goes through the Trial. Remember Yen's absolutely spent after going through with it, and I don't think she'd have the strength and / or desire to argue with Geralt and Triss.

Anyways, really nice post! A nice change of pace from the scare-mongering that was going on earlier. ;S

Yeah thing is what we don't want is a super big list of demands thats not going to help anyone

I think we should put a limit of 6 suggestions so minor ones like these don't take precedeance

Well yes that's exactly what I've been trying to say for the past 2 days. We need to be reasonable, coincise and get our priorities straight.
Daydreaming about whatever fancy or starting to extend requests to all sorts of other areas outside of strictly Triss does not work.

1. Battle of Kaer Morhen: There needs to be a good conversation between Geralt, Triss and Yen. They need to talk about their relationship, and their relationship with ciri. Triss needs to be at Kaer Morhen or arrive with Geralt. She was schedule to leave for Kovir so it makes no sense logically to say she had other business to complete in Novagrad or somewhere else. Have Triss or Yen comfort Geralt after Vesemir death. For God sake the man lost his teacher/father and he gets no comfort from his lover? He needs it just as much as Ciri.

2. NPC are aware or you have the option of telling them during conversation who you are in a relationship with including the other witchers at Kaer Morhen.

3. Conversation with Ciri about Geralt's choice to be with Triss. I am sure Ciri would have questions about Geral breakup with Yen to be with Triss. Geralt and Ciri have time together at the cabin on the island of mist. The conversation could start there and later conclude at bald mountain.

4. Conversation between Ciri and Triss about her relationship with Geralt, can happen before final battle or after Geralt and Ciri get back from bald mountain. Also Triss needs to send Geralt of with something more than Good luck before final battle if you are romancing her.

5. Give Geralt some alone time with who ever he romance on the boat so they can continue the discussion about their future plans after the final battle. Triss promise details later, this would be the perfect time to continue that conversition.

6. A DLC monster dispatching quest with where Geralt can take his lover. It can be the same quest depending on who he's romancing, just different dialogue and conversation during the quest.

Really don't think 6 will ever happen lol

I was thinking earlier that what we don'twant is to have a big list demands, that will just piss off the Devs and we willg et nothing.

So I was thinking of limiting our suggestions to 6 really good feasible ones.

There are 5 on my list so far so room for one more.

Are there any from the current 5 that you would remove and replace with yours.

If so we will discuss it tomorrow.
'
but its now 2:30 AM so reeaaaaaaaaaallly should sleep now lol

Gdnight guys.

---------- Updated at 01:37 AM ----------

I agree with all 5 points, but I think Number 1 would also mean Yen having to get another scene. (Triss' fountain scene is supposed to be the "before the final battle" scene.)

This would have to be before Avallac'h goes through the Trial. Remember Yen's absolutely spent after going through with it, and I don't think she'd have the strength and / or desire to argue with Geralt and Triss.

Anyways, really nice post! A nice change of pace from the scare-mongering that was going on earlier. ;S

Very good points thanks, now that you mention it your are right about the Trial - keep these ideas coming.

The thing is Yen already has a final battle scene and is as previously acertained much more prevelant throughout the game, so does she really need one more?

Maybe they could give her some dialogue on the boat in SKellige to even it out??

Agree with everything except 6 lol. At this point that's just day dreaming. Maybe In a year from now, but at the moment we need to point out the main problems and easy fixes to them if we're to have any chance of getting more content in there.

@WitcherOP
Good point. These are effectively potential fixes to problems in the base game.
We're not asking for (nor should) for our personal fantasies made true.
The game has objective issues (not major, but still) and it's not an egotistical sign of entitlement pointing them out and suggesting solutions.

I'm quite sure the devs would be happier to add less content. Adding stuff for Yen too to our proposal is counterproductive. And possibly offensive to them, seeing how it looks like they put alot of effort into the Yen romance..

This I agree with. I think it should form the guideline for creating a do-able list. Concise points. We have 5-6 so far and should keep it at that imo

YES! If they can make it happen...this would go a LONG ways toward a complete 'fix'! Actually, if they can do THIS, then there's no reason they couldn't do ANYTHING!

This would be MASSIVE! I take back what I said after #1...if they can pull this off, REALLY the stars are the limit!

I personally would be happy if they would pick their choice and fix one or two of the NPC's dialog to represent they acknowledge the choice of Triss.

I think something else should be added to Act 3...a moment for Geralt to put things in order, place the priorities. The conversation with Yen in the tent is good and Triss got one similar at the fountain. But I am thinking something else...a small quest where the intent is just to basically be alone with the LI for a moment.

I just didn't think there was enough ties to the romance in Act 3. Something like a little walk on the dock with Yen or escorting Triss to the top of the nearby hill, chatting as they go and then a cut-scene at the end with a "We should get back..." for an end. It would remind the player what Geralt is really at risk of losing. It isn't JUST his hide in this, he could lose Ciri, Yen, Triss...ALL of them! The player needs to have a moment to slow down and think about that. IMO...

I could see that...I like the idea of Geralt turning like he is gonna go 'fix' this and Triss stopping him, "Geralt, no...it's time we address this... alone. Go get Ciri! *kiss on cheek*

I am a proponent of NOT seeing the 'fight'. I don't think it really would be much of one anyway...but the sorceresses wouldn't air their dirty laundry for everyone to see.

Again I agree...I would think a second side quest, kinda like Yen, Ciri & Geralt to the the lab. Make one for Triss, Ciri and Geralt. It could be one of Ciri's 'goodbye' quests...

This would be a great spot for Triss to inform Geralt that she had actually watched his performance in the play to draw out Dudu :D The ensuing flashback could do two things, inform Ciri of this AND embarrass the crap out of Geralt! I think it would be a hoot and a good place for some levity.

All great ideas i think and all we need to have cleared up is, can they add the romance IF = THEN type statements into the current story. It doens't CHANGE the story I don't think...adding short scenes or minor quests.

For that matter, any of these things COULD be done as DLC IF if can actually be added. All we can do is ask...CDPR has to figure if it can be done and IF they will! :)

I'd be happy with:
1. A dialogue instead of "Good luck"
2. A dialogue instead of "Well"

Both depend on romance choice. The same for Yenn.

If asking for some more.

1. Fix this hilarious alternative look. It means changing the body model and a color of her hood she wears from time to time. Fixing clipping. I know, it's free and we shouldn't ask for more, but c'mon.
2. Fix the earrings phisix. They don't have one.
3. Few extra replies to Geralt's pals at KM and after. From Yenn point and Triss point.
4. Triss and Yenn quests should require the same level so you can make them at the same time.
5. Ideally add some extra dialogues in the Novigrad/Skellige quest sequences if Geralt rejects one or another sorceress. Like devs did with Triss dialogue about necromancy, for example.

I think it would please both #Teams.

And my personal request. It's a huge one. Please let us bring the rose to life.

Really don't think 6 will ever happen lol

6 was just candy for me in reality the first five is similar to everyone else list with minor differences of course. Scratch 6. The first five are not unreasonable.

Agree with everything except 6 lol. At this point that's just day dreaming. Maybe In a year from now, but at the moment we need to point out the main problems and easy fixes to them if we're to have any chance of getting more content in there.

Agree, I got carried away at 6, but the first five fix all the issues in the game with small tweaks I think.

Just watched a clip of the Triss departure scene when you don't romance her. The goodbye was full of so much emotion and was really touching. And you're not even in a relationship in that scene.

So why can't we get anything like that when we are about to start the final battle and you could never see each other again. Can you imagine at the boat scene in Novagrad if Triss just said Good luck and then walked off? That is how broken and out of character that dialogue at the end of the game is.

IMO that is the biggest priority to fix.

Meant to post this earlier, but didn't want to disrupt the flow of ideas. Anyway, this a response to @Gerald01 about professionalism and such.
I agree with you, but don't forget that the devs are also people, they are not gods, they are not better or worse than us ordinary folk. They also have predilections, passions, just like us. After all, it was their fanboysism (is that a word)in the witcher universe is what gave birth to the witcher 1 in the first place.

As you said though, they are also a professional company. A company that provides a service (entertainment) and we are the costumers. So regardless of their feelings on the matter, we can also reasonably expect their products to "entertain" us. We also have expectations. If they are met or surpassed, then we are more likely to continue buying their products, recommend them through word of mouth and go out of our way to support them in other ways. If the opposite happens, then we react differently.

Now for me personally, and I'm guessing for many others here, the game was very good, a 9/10 really. Yet the minor (I call it minor in relation to all other things that make out the game: graphics, music, gameplay, plot, interface, etc).

The minor issue of Triss overall participation in the game and her interactions, whether romanced or not, is a big deal. I assign it a greater significance than say, horse racing or ten sidequests. So in my mind, after some time away from the game and after all is said and done, I subtract 3 points because of this issue and the final experience that I got out of the game can be graded as 6/10.

Mind you, this is for me , other people might consider this issue less significant, for others it could be a total deal breaker, others might not care about this at all and some haters might even be happy the game turned out this way.

So we as costumers should not make demands, neither should we beg for scraps. We simply give feedback on their product and ask for what we would like or would have liked to see/enjoy. Then, the devs, based on their policies, resources, whatever, either act on it or not, and to the degree they feel necessary or want.

Back to the issues of Triss, the damage is already done. Some people were disappointing because of it, some didn't care. How many in either group? Who knows really? Are the forums representative, again, I'm no expert and don't have an answer.

A simple dialogue or two won't change the experience I had while playing the game originally, that ship had sailed already. It would be akin to "closing the stable door after the horse has bolted"

I've moved on and won't replay the game because of just a small fix. Only the most dedicated fans would go and play a full 100 hour game just two see that. The great majority will probably watch it on youtube or be playing fallout/batman/the new TW that comes tomorrow (I'll be among those) any other at that point and won't care either way.

A major rework might sway me to return, or maybe the expansions will, or perhaps the memory of this frustration will prevent me from playing even then (I bought them already so money is no factor here). Who knows how one might act in the future? What I know is how I acted in the past. I'll explain for example my reactions to Bioware, a company many people are familiar with.

---------- Updated at 02:35 AM ----------

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I used to pirate games on my highschool years. Mainly because it was what everybody did in my third world country, small town with no game stores, idk. The thing is, after I played BG, I loved it so much I actually travelled to the capital and bought the game, paying, at that point in my life, a significant sum for it. A year later, I even asked my sister who was on her 15yo trip to Disney, to buy me BGII there.

Fast forward a few years or so and I got my degree, a proper job, and was able to pay for my entertainment. So I did so and even bought a few games I had obtained through other means in my younger days.

Let's go back to bioware. Besides Kotor, Jade empire etc, the game I anticipated the most was DAO, the spiritual successor to the kings of my childhood. So I bought that and even shelled a few extra on useless DLCs. I was not disappointed in the slightest and proceeded to play their other games, ME and eventually ME2. ME2 to this day remains one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, both while playing it and as a memory of having played it. So of course I preordered DAII and like many, was sorely disappointed.

That made me delay my purchase of ME3 by a lot, I think I even bought it because it was on an Origin's discounted price or something. Again I was disappointed, not because of my playthourgh experience, but because of THAT ending and the aftertaste it left (I even played with the extended cut). Suffice to say I stayed away from that franchise like the plague,heard about the Citadel dlc here and won't be buying it though. A few years passed and I bought DAI, on release, maybe because of my fond memory of DAO and their promise to return to their "roots". So I trusted them and was rewarded. It didn't blow my mind like DAO did but it was great.

Sorry for the long post, I'm nearing the end. Let's talk about my experiences with CDPR. I played W1 and loved it. It had its share of issues, like the atrocious loading times, but the game was great. I remember even buying extra memory in order to play it better. When W2 came out, I bought it almost at release or even preordered it. I don't remember now. Needless to say I was mind blown. W2 is still today the best gaming experience in my life and perhaps the game I've replayed the most. So when W3 was coming the hype was really strong in me. I preordered everything I could and would have spent even more if such a thing was possible. I won't reproduce my experiences with the game since I did that many times earlier here, but suffice to say it did left a sour memory and will make me more cautious towards CDPR in the future.

What I'm trying to say is whatever impression a company through their products leaves on us, overall reputation and how much we like them or not, are the main factor when we deal with them. It affects our buying habits and how much more money we are willing to spend on them.

We are all just small a drop in the ocean.

In the end, it is up to the devs to figure out if players sharing these PoVs represent a significant enough portion of that ocean to justify the effort of making these changes or not. Good/bad intentions aside, they are a company that depends on their reputation and their customers to survive and thrive.

@Redemyr

True we are just a drop in the ocean but we are by no means the only people who feel this way out of 4 million copies sold. I wish there was a way to see the other forums in different language to confirm this.

There are many people who feel this way but may or may not go online to post about it. Everyone shows their support or displeasure in different way.

Again you are right that the dev has to make that decision to fix it or move on but, the issue is so blatantly obvious that it's difficult to see how the dev can simply ignore it and think well if more people are not complaining it must be ok.

That being said it is possible the CDPROJEKTRED has outgrown the backlash from a small group of fans. In the gaming world tho I don't see a company going down. That route expecially with how competitive everything is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom