[PC] skellige NPC/autosave/bandit camp 2fps?

+
[PC] skellige NPC/autosave/bandit camp 2fps?

game dropped to 2fps and remained that way. was able to use menu to exit. no crashdumps.

at the location in the attached map, riding along the red path, when reaching the second savepoint at the bandit camp, the issue occurred.

not certain what triggered this bug, this is only my best guess:

A. sometimes, a bandit fails to spawn, and will only spawn some time after you have killed all the others. NPC/entity management issue?
B. there is an autosave spot right before you enter the camp. spawning/savegame issue?
C. picking up the quest from the boy just up the hill, but not following him. skellige/NPC quest crash?
D. some items from bandits i killed were unlooted, but had a shimmering effect in witcher sense, and visible on map.
E. unrelated to any of these events. maybe some shader in skellige (sun/lightning/rain possibly?)...

i've tried to repeat this sequence of events starting from the savegame in the village to the west, but i cannot reproduce the error.

of note is that this hasn't occurred before reaching skellige or v1.05 (can't determine which now).

edit: also the boy you speak to on the road. if you ride past him, to the abandoned site, then ride back, you can't interact/speak to him. if you then ride out of his range, and back in, you can speak to him again.

Attachments

• camp-crash.jpg
    camp-crash.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
well, was messing with gwent deck in a new game, map travelled to midcopse, bought some cards off merchant, added to deck, opened/closed quest window, and got 5fps again.

the only common thing between the 2 occurrences that i can possibly attribute it to is auto-saves between villages, or opening/closing quest window at this point.

Top Bottom