List Your Favorite Easter Eggs!

+
REALLY liked the talk between Geralt and Keira Metz about the xenovox, basically joking about cell phones, saying they won't catch on.

Heavy metal refrences in The Witcher 3?

So, I stumbled upon few interesting things during my travels in TW3.

In Velen there's a quest called Defender of The Faith - reference to Judas Priest album Defenders of the Faith?

In Skellige there's a quest called Iron Maiden.

Also in Skellige, in the quest Cave of Dreams you can see a flying whale, reference to Flying Whales, song by Gojira?

Coincidence or not? :)

Imo those are veeeeeeery far-fetched assumptions mate.
It's like saying cats are a reference to catwoman.

well...one of the other quests from Skellige is called Stranger in a Strange Land , a well known Iron Maiden song , the chorus is :

"Stranger in a strange land
Land of ice and snow
Trapped inside this prison
Lost and far from home

Considering what will happen in the quest, i wont call that a coincidence

-game of thrones references:
Longclaw, the name of Jon Snow sword
Dead dwarf in skycell, reference to Tyrion lannister imprisoned
-Supernatural (TV series) references:
salts on the floor, a parody to Supernatural lore that salt makes wraiths or spirits cannot pass it.
-Snow White reference in isle of the mists quest
-Lambert teasing Geralt about "killing monsters" one liners from the Witcher 3 trailer
-3 trolls with the name of possibly CDPR favorite gaming youtubers Joe, Dogder, & Jesse (Angry Joe, Dogder, & Jesse Cox)
-GOG.com grimoire about DRM free games
-Atlantis myth, Ciri dialogues with Geralt about her living in underwater city for quite sometime
-Starship Troopers planet? Geralt visiting a wasteland with endless insectoid species (no humans)
-Picasso art "The naked woman" while Geralt meet certain person

@drona.667 Ooo nice catch on Starship Troopers, I can't believe I didn't put that together!

actually in a whole load of european myths, salt has magical properties. i don't think that's a supernatural reference, since it has a mythological basis. and it's certainly not a parody.
Correct. Supernatural didnt come up with that. Its been done a million times.

The book, "Nekkers in the mist" is a homage to Dian Fossey and her biography of her studies of the mountain gorillas of Rwanda and the 1988 film "Gorillas in the mist!"

The Fall of the House of Reardon quest , the woman is called Dolores Reardon , which is a pretty weird name in Witcher universe, i consider it to be a reference to Dolores O'Riordan , the lead singer of The Cranberries .
Also the Twisted Firestarter quest from White Orchard is of course inspired by The Prodigy .
The gangs of Novigrad / The gangs of New York
Veni Vidi Vigo , and so on , there are plenty of funny quest names and references

Anyone else notice the music in Skellige sounds a lot like the music in Beowulf the animation movie especially when exploring the ocean.

The vampire book from the bookstore in Novigrad: totally making fun of Twilight. It only lacked the part where Edward sparkled. HAhaha.

Top Bottom