Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the dude's facial expression when he notices the cat.

So... any Sabbath surprise from CDPR this year? Tonight is the longest day of the year, the shortest night, the most magic conjunction. A night for dancing around the fire till the dawn and fall asleep on the beach....

Idk if anyone remembers me saying but ages ago i started this running program to help me get to the point where i could run 5km and then i had to stop because i injured myself (by stupidly not wearing proper running shoes).

Well I recovered from my injury, bought proper running shoes and restarted the program this summer, and now i'm almost halfway through! The program lasts for 9 weeks and i'm on week 4 now. I remember the first week I almost died after running for only 5 minutes altogether, now I can run 5 minutes without even stopping, and I managed to run for 16 minutes altogether this week. It's not much, but I just feel happy that i've managed it. And in 5 weeks time I will be running 5km!

I really recommend this program to anyone else who wants to be a bit healthier and start running.

Just went to the local shopping mall and stumbled over the annual Children's and Youth Art Gallery. They put pieces of art created in lessons of the surrounding schools in there.
Well, it seems I just found out where my self-portrait vanished to.

Idk if anyone remembers me saying but ages ago i started this running program to help me get to the point where i could run 5km and then i had to stop because i injured myself (by stupidly not wearing proper running shoes).

Well I recovered from my injury, bought proper running shoes and restarted the program this summer, and now i'm almost halfway through! The program lasts for 9 weeks and i'm on week 4 now. I remember the first week I almost died after running for only 5 minutes altogether, now I can run 5 minutes without even stopping, and I managed to run for 16 minutes altogether this week. It's not much, but I just feel happy that i've managed it. And in 5 weeks time I will be running 5km!

I really recommend this program to anyone else who wants to be a bit healthier and start running.

Congrats! I finished the same kind of program a few weeks ago, but that was of 8 weeks. Do you also have these sessions where you have to run for 45 minutes? Those ones are tough!
Keep up the good work!

Do you mean "Couch to 5k" ? I remember trying that but kinda got put off once the summer got really really hot during last july.

Do you mean "Couch to 5k" ? I remember trying that but kinda got put off once the summer got really really hot during last july.

Yes that is the program I am doing. It's definitely tough sometimes running when it's hot but as long as I stick to the woods near me, I can generally avoid the direct sunlight.

---------- Updated at 10:54 PM ----------

Congrats! I finished the same kind of program a few weeks ago, but that was of 8 weeks. Do you also have these sessions where you have to run for 45 minutes? Those ones are tough!
Keep up the good work!

No, thank god, I think 45 minutes in one go would kill me, haha. Once I finish my current program I might start one that will get me running 10km, and then I will probably start running for 45+ minutes, but right now I am definitely not fit enough to keep going that long. My legs would fall off

No, thank god, I think 45 minutes in one go would kill me, haha. Once I finish my current program I might start one that will get me running 10km, and then I will probably start running for 45+ minutes, but right now I am definitely not fit enough to keep going that long. My legs would fall off

Good idea! Maybe after the 10 km-es the next thing will be a marathon distance :D I think it's actually little goals like this, that can boost anyone's confidence when they finish a program to do bigger challenges.
Yeah my feet were a little sore for a few days after the first time I ran for 45 mins, and that was on the third week in my program.

Good idea! Maybe after the 10 km-es the next thing will be a marathon distance :D I think it's actually little goals like this, that can boost anyone's confidence when they finish a program to do bigger challenges.
Yeah my feet were a little sore for a few days after the first time I ran for 45 mins, and that was on the third week in my program.

Running a marathon would be amazing.
Wow on your third week you ran 45 minutes? I can't imagine doing that right now. I'm guessing your program is/was for people who aren't starting from the beginning? I mean that you could already run a fair distance before you started? :p

Running a marathon would be amazing.
Wow on your third week you ran 45 minutes? I can't imagine doing that right now. I'm guessing your program is/was for people who aren't starting from the beginning? I mean that you could already run a fair distance before you started? :p

Yeah, I would like to be able to run that distance too. And to think my mom does that on a regular basis.. lol
Yeah I believe it was on the 3rd, or the 4th. Actually it was a beginner program too. There's this running app for android called "Runkeeper", it has a beginner to 5K running plan, I did that :D It also had this session every now and then where you had to sprint for 1 minute, then walk or jog for 1 and a half minute, and you had to do this 10 times.
Well I've never been really good at running, and I wanted to get more fit, because after finishing the police class in high school I got lazy lol. Before I actually started doing that program, I could barely run 1km xD

Well, it's not often we see you here, @Marcin Momot ! Cheers! I've no doubt you'll receive quite a few creative submissions for the contest, though.

Well, currently it's the only safe place to write, without being called names, because you chose Yennefer in Witcher 3 and don't want the whole game to be focused on Triss :p

:mean:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom