Scavenger Hunt : Viper School Gear ***BUG***

+
For those who still suffer from the bug.
- travel to Velen, Novigrad or Skellige (anywhere, but White Garden)
- save and exit the game
- start the game and load save
- travel to White Garden
- look, whether the door is open or not

I was on Skellige when patch 1.06 was installed and the bug was fixed for me when visiting White Garden.

For those who still suffer from the bug.
- travel to Velen, Novigrad or Skellige (anywhere, but White Garden)
- save and exit the game
- start the game and load save
- travel to White Garden
- look, whether the door is open or not

I was on Skellige when patch 1.06 was installed and the bug was fixed for me when visiting White Garden.
Didn't work for me. I'll try doing it again after completing a quest and see if that makes a difference.
EDIT: Didn't work.

Last edited:
I just started playing the game, and was running around the map, killed the wraith, but didn't get into the crypt.
Now i must go inside but the gate is closed and locked and i don't have any key.

Hello,
I have installed the 1.06 version (GOG) but still the same problem, the metal door is closed. I have traveled to Velen, saved my game then returned and... the door is still closed.
I tried diving as someone had suggested on this forum that the crypt could be accessed from a lake... but have not found any lakes near the cemetery and no hidden underwater tunnels between the river and the crypt.
Just out of curiosity, I loaded an old game, just before leaving White Orchard for the first time, and the metal door was open. But in all my saved games after that it was closed.
Maybe the patch only fixes the issue if you have not yet left White Orchard?

I'm also having this issue and I started my second playthrough yesterday, so that is after patch 1.06.

Exploring White Orchard BEFORE getting the Viper School Gear quest, I bumped into the wraith, did some damage until she disappeared and that was it.
Later I got the Gear quest, came back to that area and wraith doesn't show up and neither can I get into the crypt. It's locked.

Anyone figured out what to do? The patch didn't fix this bug.

The same issue. Killed the first wraith without entering the crypt, came back later to find it locked. Very frustrating.

To enter Crypt, use Aard to door.
To the abandoned house, you need key to open that door. The key can be found in chest under river on bridge, its near to the house nearest "?" Hidden treasure mark. This quest was not bugged in my run even second run.

I think I found the key first before the crypt, maybe the key opens the door inside the crypt try it guys.

Last edited:
To enter Crypt, use Aard to door.
To the abandoned house, you need key to open that door. The key can be found in chest under river on bridge, its near to the house nearest "?" Hidden treasure mark. This quest was not bugged in my run even second run.

I think I found the key first before the crypt, maybe the key opens the door inside the crypt try it guys.
----
Hello,
I think that we are talking about different quests and wraiths. We are having problems with the cemetery wraith it is in the northern part of the map on the right side of the river. And you are talking about the noon wraith that is in the abandoned farm (3 houses) on the left side on the river in the southern part of the map.
The thing is in the cemetery to get into the crypt you need at first to destroy the wooden door on the surface with Aard and then get downstairs trough a grid into the actual crypt. If I take a very old saved game the grid is open as it has to be. But for some reason later in the game, it closes and you cannot open it because there is no key. I think that there is no key for this grid, because it supposed to remain opened, so there is non way into the crypt now. Still it would be nice to be able to finish this quest, so I hope for a patch. Why not simply remove the grid in the next patch.

Installed the patch on PC. Tried what everybody has said in this thread and the door is still locked.

Hopefully this will get fixed with the next patch.

Same. On PS4 and saw the patch note today specifically refer to the crypt in the viper school gear hunt, still locked out.

Same. On PS4 and saw the patch note today specifically refer to the crypt in the viper school gear hunt, still locked out.

Same issue as of today. I've installed the latest patch (the fix) and the gate is still 'locked'. I see two different variations of the bug on here: those who ran into the wraith, fought it until it disappeared and then left (as I did), and those who followed it inside and killed it but weren't on the quest. In my case I just happened to be going by to get to another objective, heard Gerald say something about a power stone and briefly fought the wraith so that I could use it. Very frustrating because I'm early game and need better equipment.

I'm also having this issue and I started my second playthrough yesterday, so that is after patch 1.06.

Exploring White Orchard BEFORE getting the Viper School Gear quest, I bumped into the wraith, did some damage until she disappeared and that was it.
Later I got the Gear quest, came back to that area and wraith doesn't show up and neither can I get into the crypt. It's locked.

Anyone figured out what to do? The patch didn't fix this bug.

Exactly what happened to me, no fix yet.

This also happened to me too. After the patch the door below ground is still closed.

When I reloaded a very old saved game, after the patch, the door was open. So maybe they have solved a bug that prevented players from entering the crypt from the beginning of the game but the door still closes up later up in the game?

For example the game could consider some time after beating the wraith, for the first time, in the cemetery, that you have entered the crypt and closes the door, so that you have to beat the wraith a second time, inside the crypt, in order to open the door. But, you cannot do that because you are, in fact, locked outside of the crypt.

Top Bottom