The General Videogame Thread

+
@Garrison72 and @EliHarel I can relate to that feeling.

So... how about your Steam/GoG haul this summer sale? I've got Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance and Batman Origins on Steam, along with new Shadow Warrior, Chronicles of Riddick and Settlers 4 on GOG.

Funny story - I've bought GOTY editions of Arkham City and Asylum on Steam for 10 euro and then refunded that, when an hour later a similar sale was announced on a Polish gaming store site. Got both GOTY digital keys for Steam there for 17,5 zł, which is like 4 euros. And before you ask... yes, perfectly legal, it was not a key reseller or anything like that.

And some impressions of Ground Zeroes so far. Short as hell, but worth it for 4,99 euro. I've got to say that after 100 hours of playing as Geralt who handles like a sack of potatoes, it's nice to have some tight, polished Japanese handling. You finally feel in control of your character.

An easter egg about the game inside the game? This is some next level shit.
That's quite... egceptional.

I bought Medieval 2: Total War, Shadow Warrior, and Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II: Retribution.

I played DoW 2 earlier with my bro and I'm digging it. I'm debating whether to get DoW 1, the rest of DoW 2, or both for the campaigns. I have a few hours left to decide.

Hmm, looks pretty good but I think the new Doom will be better.

I am currently playing Shadow Warrior and while fun it gets boring qute fast. I can only play it in short bursts. All weapons except the katana feel quite anemic. This one looks a lot better though.

EDIT: Also, iron sights in MY old school FPS?! BLASPHEMY!

Last edited:
Hmm, looks pretty good but I think the new Doom will be better.

I am currently playing Shadow Warrior and while fun it gets boring qute fast. I can only play it in short bursts. All weapons except the katana feel quite anemic. This one looks a lot better though.

EDIT: Also, iron sights in MY old school FPS?! BLASPHEMY!

What? I can play Shadow Warrior for hours and not get bored! If anything, the new Doom looks like it may disappoint.

(Yes, I'm a fanboy, sue me.) :p

Last edited:
"The more you give with Wang, the more you get back."

*fortune cookie*

Shadow Warrior is about killing with style and effectiveness. 8)

Last edited:
I planning to start playing Fallout 3 soonish, any of you have a recommended mod collection to start with? I would like to use some texture mods whis is changes the whole game's textures to HD, not multiple packs. Any recmmendations would be nice, because there is a lot out there.

Has anyone here done any reading up on Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade? The "project" (as it can't really be called a game at this point) recently caught my attention. It sounds like a dream MMO. Open-world PvP, player governed factions, 3rd-person-shooter combat, and procedural dungeons in the vein of Diablo II and Left 4 Dead. All grounded in a rich lore.

The developer has a pretty poor pedigree. But their producer is a big name from EVE online who worked on a few other not-so-succesful MMO projects. They're planning on entering Steam early access this summer with an eventual release date of 2017. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Has anyone here done any reading up on Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade? The "project" (as it can't really be called a game at this point) recently caught my attention. It sounds like a dream MMO. Open-world PvP, player governed factions, 3rd-person-shooter combat, and procedural dungeons in the vein of Diablo II and Left 4 Dead. All grounded in a rich lore.

The developer has a pretty poor pedigree. But their producer is a big name from EVE online who worked on a few other not-so-succesful MMO projects. They're planning on entering Steam early access this summer with an eventual release date of 2017. Thoughts?

I've heard good things about it, but they then made some staff changes, resulting in them taking the game in a bit of a different direction, so, imo, worth keeping an eye on but don't get your hopes up just yet.

I read about the changes. I know they went from having from having many continents with thousands of player to having one continent with instanced zones. I believe the intention was to focus the playerbase at launch, and gradually open up more continents/merge zones if the playerbase grows.

At this point the developer's vision is too perfect not to get at least a little excited; there is so many things they want to do right. It all depends on whether they follow through with their original vision or not. If they do, I think it will be the best MMO since WoW. People say that all the time, but in this case I think it's true. EC is a very, very different game from WoW and all its clones.

For Early Access release they're planning on having a 32 player map, two gamemodes, four playable classes (Medic, Assault, Melee, and Heavy Weapons), two playable factions, and three vehicles per faction (APC, Tank, and a short-ranged Heavy Tank.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom