So, if we can ask... What is CDPR planning for TW3 right now?

+

Tuco

Forum veteran
So, if we can ask... What is CDPR planning for TW3 right now?

Beside the already announced expansions, I mean.

@Marcin Momot
Let's start saying that I'm (easily) guessing we won't get a detailed answer, as the developers are probably saving these for eventual future announcements...
But still, I was wondering if there are discussions going on about ways to tweak/revamp/improve some areas of the game and hoping to hear at least some vague hints about what's ahead of us.

More in general, what's the general intent from the devs so far?
Does the team want to just add new quests, characters, cutscenes and monsters (which wouldn't be half bad in itself) or there are considerations going on about revisiting part of the old content and/or some of the core mechanics, as well?

Examples of what I'd like to know, even in the vaguest possible terms:
- are there questlines in the shipped game you are not too satisfied with, in retrospective? Did you consider to change their conclusion and/or add more options in the future?
- do you think there is some particular aspect of the combat system (i.e. balance, stamina management, sign effectiveness, etc) that needs some tinkering?
- are you considering to address that small, annoying, vocal part of the user base (like ME) who isn't exceedingly fond of how itemization and loot distribution works right now?

And so on.

Well the only thing I kind of hope but have low expectations on it...Is an Enhanced Edition of TW3, where they should.

- Give to poor Iorveth a proper appearance with quests. It's sad how he was shafted by CDPR.
- Better integration of Triss romance especially in the last part of the game to make it feel equal with the one of Yennefer making our choice matter in this regard.

Overall an enhanced edition would be ideal to make our choice from TW2 matters more.

Tuco

Forum veteran
I'm fairly confident they didn't forget Iorveth at all and he's expected to play a central part in at least one of the two expansions.

I just hope they continue creating expensions beyond the 2 announced so far ! Everything that adds to this game is awesome ! I will support this game to the maximum^^ ...

Last edited:
Marcin is prone to PR speak but he's promised long term support, 'enhancements, tweaks' etc. This is in addition to the expansions, the first of which is coming in Oct, which surprised me because that's not far off. I'm particularly interested in this topic as I'm holding off, waiting to see how much they end up improving the game.

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/dptqhk/the-witcher-3--wild-hunt-e3-2015--co-founder-post-mortem[/video]

Last edited:
I just hope they continue creating expensions beyond the 2 announced so far ! Everything that adds to this game is awesome ! I will support this game to the maximum^^ ...

THIS! I too really hope they continue with more expansions beyond the 2 announced ones.

The Witcher 4 featuring Geralt the Riv' (No other protagonist will do). With the huge success this game has been I think CD Projekt may have been premature in their announcement that this would be Geralts final game. Ive been playing these games on PC from they first released back in 2007 but for majority of console gamers this is their first taste of the Northern Kingdoms, they will want more just as I want more.

I would love more The Witcher, but only if it was created with as much love and dedication as the previous games. If the team is suffering from burnout from The Witcher, the smart move is to make something else. If everyone in the team would like to make a new Witcher game I certainly would not oppose it :)

Will also buy any and all content adding expansions made for this game.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Let's not derail the thread, though.
This is about what kind of support/improvements we can expect for The Witcher 3, rather than what future games they will work on.

I would rather they spend effort perfecting the current Witcher 3 than making a new one. In particular I wish to see improvements of main quests in the last one-third of the game, which feels rushed and underdeveloped in the vanilla.

I heard from somewhere (sorry can't find the link at the moment) that there once was a planned quest line of investigating and infiltrating the Wild Hunts, but for some reason was scratched later. I would pay $20 just to have this quest line reintegrated. The Wild Hunts is the weak link in this game and the most generic villain in the Witcher franchise by far. Why would I care about what happens in Toussaint if the main antagonists are weak? Plz add more Wild Hunt screen time...

Let's not derail the thread, though.
This is about what kind of support/improvements we can expect for The Witcher 3, rather than what future games they will work on.

I don't know what expect, but a better inventory UI, and some tweaks to AI, enemy attack patterns (expecially in boss fights) and balancement (with a new difficult level) is what that I would want.

The Witcher 4 featuring Geralt the Riv' (No other protagonist will do). With the huge success this game has been I think CD Projekt may have been premature in their announcement that this would be Geralts final game. Ive been playing these games on PC from they first released back in 2007 but for majority of console gamers this is their first taste of the Northern Kingdoms, they will want more just as I want more.

I'd prefer creating my own witcher to role play. Decide which school he was from and later on interact with Geralt, Ciri, etc. via quests and contracts. Like cameo style, nothing major.

THIS! I too really hope they continue with more expansions beyond the 2 announced ones.
Have they given any indication they might? I'd love a prequel or sequel expansion where you go dimension hopping as Ciri. Through Time and Space was a blast.

Not that I have noticed honestly but, I imagine there are a huge amount of people who want it too. I do know there is a large number, myself included, who want something with a bit more continuation after the epilogue of Witcher 3 with relationships, major character, Ciri content

So there's always hoping haha

Marcin is prone to PR speak but he's promised long term support, 'enhancements, tweaks' etc. This is in addition to the expansions, the first of which is coming in Oct, which surprised me because that's not far off. I'm particularly interested in this topic as I'm holding off, waiting to see how much they end up improving the game.

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/dptqhk/the-witcher-3--wild-hunt-e3-2015--co-founder-post-mortem[/video]
He has to be. He can't reveal any detatils about future dlc or upgrades unless permitted to.

It's my understanding that there is at least one more major DLC planned for 2016 beyond the two that are already announced for the expansion pack.

Looking forward to that if it includes a new region to explore.

Top Bottom