Udalryk quest - what the hell?

+
Udalryk quest - what the hell?

So, apparently Geralt is supposed to "not know that he didn't do anything bad" to trick the demon. What? He knows, that Cerys has a plan, then she tell him to throw baby into the fire and he has to believe that he really killed Udalryk's son? Yeah, right...

And how exactly baby is saved? I dont remember any explanation for that trick.

Oh, and one more thing - Geralt DID something wrong - he murdered innocent Udalryk's men who thought he has killed the baby, so he should be possessed by the demon anyway.

Last edited:
So, apparently Geralt is supposed to "not know that he didn't do anything bad" to trick the demon. What? He knows, that Cerys has a plan, then she tell him to throw baby into the fire and he has to believe that he really killed Udalryk's son? Yeah, right...

Oh, and one more thing - Geralt DID something wrong - he murdered innocent Udalryk's men who thought he has killed the baby, so he should be possessed by the demon anyway.

They kinda let you know before hand. They say that you gotta trick the demon, but you in this case Geralt cant know what the trick is. If you paid attention you would know this, but hey, you can allways load the game to the checkpoint before it happens and do it again.

It would have been better if Cerys seemed less trustworthy- like she might actually trick Geralt and leave him stuck with the demon.

The oven/chimney is shared between two rooms. The old guy was waiting in the other room to remove the baby.
Do not ask me how he got past the Quen that Geralt apparently cast.

(Yeah, a bit weak)

I was kind of hoping that Geralt could outsmart Cerys and make HER the one that gets possessed by the demon by using the cradle or the hole in the wall somehow.

Also I did feel bad about killing the guards,but sadly its pretty par for the course when it comes to game logic; guards aren't people just obstacles in your way that must be demolished.

I had difficulties buying the logic of this quest too. IMO this trick could only work with someone who doesn't have anything to do with all of this. Besides... making Geralt believe that he really killed his son would have taken a lot more convincing than what we saw in the game. And yes... Cerys seems too trustworthy to doubt her.

The basic idea behind this quest is quite interesting but I think it's extremely difficult to make the whole thing believable.

It's kind of absurd for Gerald to be roughly aware of Cerys' plan then allegedly falling for it a moment afterwards.
I mean it could be plausible if she didn't share it with him or a long time passed between the two scenes.

Anyway I chose to directly deal with the demon.

Top Bottom