Playstation 4 Framerate topic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
See Rocksteady? Take notes CDprojekt red, take notes !!!

Batman Arkham knight, 30 FPS , zzero drops on the framerate, open world too and have way more effects on screen than the witcher 3 on ps4.

And we still after almost 1,5 months have framerate that is a pathetic 20 fps steady when its fog, rain or fire on screen, and these effects dont even look as good as in other open world games.

Take notes , your vodoo shamn coders should pay to have lessons from Rocksteady and others that dont have garbage performance in their games.

On the other hand - check out how the Arkham Knight works on PC and what kind of reviews/reception the PC version of the game is getting.
In this particular department rocksteady SHOULD NOT be followed.

On the other hand - check out how the Arkham Knight works on PC and what kind of reviews/reception the PC version of the game is getting.
In this particular department rocksteady SHOULD NOT be followed.

And yet they ALL MEDIA is destroying them because of that bad port but they did not said a single word about the witcher 3 port on ps4 that is as bad if not worse than this pc port.

The pc port of batman was made by like 14 people i think, they didnt care about it as much a CDproject didnt care about ps4 and to this day didnt fix it.

---------- Updated at 06:50 PM ----------

Made a thread about this and they moved to here, Yes fucking put it under the carpet, you dont want people to see the joke you and your coders are right. You dont want people out there to know that you fucked ps4 port, maibe those dolars from microsoft in your pocket for the advertising, i found this very strange that every game that microsoft have on conferences stages and have pub rights have problems in ps console Very strange.

I had my first major Frame rate issues at Cave of Dreams and for the first time since I have played Witcher 3, I can say it truly was unplayable at that time. However I switched off my PS4 and resumed a day later. Before I started up the game I restored my Licenses and then started Witcher 3, I resumed and played through Cave of Dreams no major lag, no major frame rate issue. I had two situations where the game froze for a nano Second but the game play before and after was smooth. I have no idea why this worked. But it went from completely unplayable to fine. I love the game but these bug's and issues are a distraction.

Batman Arkham knight, 30 FPS , zzero drops on the framerate, open world too and have way more effects on screen than the witcher 3 on ps4.

And we still after almost 1,5 months have framerate that is a pathetic 20 fps steady when its fog, rain or fire on screen, and these effects dont even look as good as in other open world games.

Take notes , your vodoo shamn coders should pay to have lessons from Rocksteady and others that dont have garbage performance in their games.

The rain looks like SHIT, the fog is 2D but still lags as fuck, and the fire looks OK.

At this point I guess everything has already been said. But having purchased this game recently I have to say I'm really dissapointed by the VERY poor performance in some areas, I really should have made some reasearch before buying it but third party games have been mostly great on Ps4 and I didn't expect this to be the one to bring back bad memories of early open world games on Ps3.

Why is this game even 1080p on Ps4? If you have the extra hardware to get to 1080p without sacrificing other elements then great, but that's clearly not the case here. One visit to the swamps (specially during rain) and it becomes pretty clear that the console just can't handle it. I'd much rather have a slightly blurrier game at 900p but that doesn't basically lock at 23fps during some areas.

I'd much rather have a slightly blurrier game at 900p but that doesn't basically lock at 23fps during some areas.

It actually has been benchmarked to drop and lock to 20fps and stays there for some time until the game can reliably throw 30fps again. 23fps would be an improvement lol

It actually has been benchmarked to drop and lock to 20fps and stays there for some time until the game can reliably throw 30fps again. 23fps would be an improvement lol

Wasn't that just during cutscenes? If not then that's even worse. I mean, framedrops during cutscenes are also annoying but when it's during gameplay not only does it look bad but the gameplay also becomes unresponsive

I was just looking at a Gamersyde framerate analysis in the swamps (with rain) and it seemed to pretty much run at locked 23fps, in the same area the X1 version runs at 27-28 fps

The pc port of batman was made by like 14 people i think, they didnt care about it as much a CDproject didnt care about ps4 and to this day didnt fix it.

It was made by 12 people, who are not with Rocksteady. Seems like RS didn't want to take responsibility of the PC port which is a ridiculous and disrespectful move to the consumers purchasing it. It was their game and they shirked responsibility, I'm not surprised it's been taken off Steam until it's fixed.

It was made by 12 people, who are not with Rocksteady. Seems like RS didn't want to take responsibility of the PC port which is a ridiculous and disrespectful move to the consumers purchasing it. It was their game and they shirked responsibility, I'm not surprised it's been taken off Steam until it's fixed.

I would be surprised if this shitty port from CD Projekt Red have 14 people working on PS4.

Anyway, Batman graphics are pretty much better than Witcher 3, a Old engine such as Unreal Engine 3 and 30 fps rock solid.

Its a pity because the game is great, but I don´t think to buy anything CD Projekt Red make. I hope they don´t port his next game to PS4.

I did install 1.05 for ps4 just 30 min ago. Game stucks every 2-3 seconds. 1.04 was no problem. Is it possible to deinstall patch 1.05?

I think this freezing every 2 to 3 seconds is related ether to the quest "cave of dreams" or this specific point on the map. I really do not see any reason for it, but it happens to me only when I'm riding over that cave. First time I experienced it, I thought my ps4 was dying so I restarted the system, but I went back to that location later and I experienced the same. That time I didn't restart and went on and it stopped. I repeated whole process a couple more times and every time I get this distinctive freezing that doesn't happen anywhere else in the game (framerate does fluctuate, but it doesn't freeze.) I got this with both patch 1.04 and 1.05 so I don't think path is to blame. Thing I did notice after updating to patch 1.05 is a quick stutter at the moment the game saves (something I didn't notice before).

Thank god I found this thread as I thought I was going insane thinking it was just me with the massive frame drops since 1.05 was installed. I reinstalled the game thinking it would help but nothing helps, everything was smooth as silk on 1.04.

Here are my examples of the problem, taken today:

Here in oxenfurt everything is smooth as water: [video]https://youtu.be/A6TF_FilsKw[/video]

But here in Skellige it is jerky and imo unplayable at points: [video]https://youtu.be/YgTq7Xx38qw[/video]

Right now I feel like quitting the game untill this is resolved, as it has really ruined the experience of playing.

Edit: I think you are correct LukaMrk, I moved away from the area for "cave of dreams" and changed my quest and bam! the problem vanished as shown: [video]https://youtu.be/K36IFlF5Pwg[/video]

Last edited:
In the so called by CD Red Project "Big Patch" I really hope they fix the framerate issues and the very annoying pop-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom