Your favourite mode of travel

+
Your favourite mode of travel

For me, walking is my mode of travel plus the use of fast travel. In this mode I can enjoy the beautiful environment and explore areas which is not able to access on horseback.

My rule is no Fast Travel allowed. I spend most of the time traveling by foot, or using Roach.
Boat travel is a bit boring.

Same here mostly, although I'll do the occasional fast travel if it's a quick there-and-back thing to somewhere I already know well. Boat travel can be quite annoying at times, never mind boring. It's one of the few times I find myself swearing out loud at what happens!

I'll usually go horseback in the countryside, at an easy pace mostly, if I'm travelling more than a few hundred paces. Otherwise I walk.

Meandering about is my favourite way to travel, investigating everywhere and standing on mountaintops to admire the view. Just like I would backpacking in RL.

There's too much good scenery in the game to miss out on it; it would be an insult to the devs.

No fast travel until i got to skellige, sailing is horrendous no way im travelling between each island if i have the possibility of warping there. But i havent bought the fast travel points i will atleast find them out myself.

Roach is fun besides RDD easily the best horse in any game once you get used to turning.

I usually ride Roach. I mostly fast travel when it's a path I've ridden like 10 times already (like from Crow's Perch to Novigrad). I walk overburdened because I like the camera better that way, feels also way more immersive than just running around, makes it easier to enjoy the environment. too.

I don't really use boats. When I want to go naval I play Assassin's Creed: Rogue or Black Flag

Last edited:
Walking... which may explain why I still havent finish the game after clocking in 160 hours... I walk everywhere... =.=

Not my favourite means of travel, but I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time swimming in the waters off Skellige, these days. 'Why not just take a boat?' you may ask? So far, I've lost one boat inside an island -- slipped through the graphics at the edge of the map -- another by striking a hidden shoal, another by hitting a submerged piece of wreckage, another to Sirens; and I've also managed to strand several more boats on beaches, between rocks, and one or two merely never made it away from dockside (stuck). I've also damaged quite a few vessels just by gently bumping into piers and barrels. In addition, I tend to leave the boats that didn't sink in inconvenient spots. And, finally, disembarking can be rather perilous, as there's often that sudden thousand foot drop from the sky. So, Geralt just swims rather a lot, now.

Last edited:
On horse, because Roach doubles as a parachute and nullifies fall damage. On foot when I have to dodgeroll up steep gradients that the horse can't climb.

On horse for long distances, on foot for off-track exploration. I actually like the look and feel of sailing a boat, but I'd wish for the possibility of an additional, faster speed, as travels tend to drag on.

78 hours in and I used fast travel maybe just two or three times, mostly in instances where I needed to obtain just an ingredient to craft or make a portion or something, and I knew I could find it somewhere far away, and couldn't be bothered to break quest immersion to go fetch it on horse... As a rule no fast travel though.

Roach walking.

Sometimes I just stop and look at the world when I'm doing that, be it a city, village I'm approaching or just a new vista over a hill.

Only ever fast travel between regions or when pushed for time in the real world.
The rest of the time I'll travel by horse or by foot.
There's too much to see and enjoy.

I suppose I mostly travel by horseback or walking. I used to fast travel a lot more, but since I started taking screenshots of everything I can spend an eternity just walking around/riding Roach taking pictures of everything. So easy to get distracted... The atmosphere is amazing

I sailed something like 4500 distance non-stop in Skellige, at night, during an enormous storm. It was an awesome experience. I was hoping/dreading that the huge swells would slowly damage my little sailboat, but they didn't. While that would have been a very nice touch of realism, it would really have sucked if I had to swim 1000 distance to the nearest climbable shore.

I like the sailing in general - it's something pretty unique for a fantasy RPG. And I still get all excited when I see the whales.

I use all the modes, Roach, walking, running, sailboat, swimming, using the trails and off the trails and fast travel. I loved the variety of transport. And the way the sailboat can be damaged by sirens was a nice detail. Haven't sailed in a game before and loved how the water was smooth as glass, breezy waves, rough waters. And the whales, so pretty. Roach was very fun to ride and again the different ways to mount and dismount was such a kick.

I try to role play as much as possible. So for instance if I take a boat somewhere I wont just call roach as soon as I get off the boat... I will have to go back where I last left him. I never fast travel and when forced to switch regions I will fast travel from logical locations (like a huge harbor or something) and where ever I first land is the island Roach is locked in. (seeing how we traveled over with a bigger ship) I also like to travel around with the mini map off.

So traveling I do a bit of everything.. when exploring islands I am mostly on foot. I love doing search quests on foot with the mini map off.. it really does bring immersion especially on the islands.

Different from most people I actually enjoy sailing. I love getting swarmed by siren and jumping off the helm to defend the ship. I have had some epic fights where they yanked me from my boat and pulled me under water as I was struggling to get back on the boat to fight them.

love riding and sailing but, I would like to call a dragon (i.e. fast travel)
That would be funny, to have control on dragon and burn some village on the way

I mainly walk/run. Hardly ever use Roach. Seems I spend more time calling him and getting on and off him then just running where I'd go.

The main reason is I seem to stop at anything even remotely interesting so I never end up going very far at any given point.

Fast travel I'll use but mainly only if I'm avoiding areas I hate (not a fan of swamps or the few areas so far that have gorges that are just annoying to go around). Other then that I'm all for running around from place to place.

Top Bottom