Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes perfect sense to do Triss' quests before Skellige IF you are romancing Yen. The problem is that if you decide to romance Triss we start to see these inconsistencies. Waiting until after Ugly Baby makes up for her not being at Kaer Morhen BUT it makes the Light house scene redundant. If you ask Triss to help with Ciri (she says she will) why do you ask her to Kaer Morhen again? So really waiting until Brothers in Arms makes little sense in another way...

Exactly but it all goes back to how the story almost intends for the player not to romance Triss and say goodbye to her at the port (judging by this, they intended to romance Yen or be alone), if they spaced out the requirements for her quests or extended her story arc then it would of felt better to do a quest with her, then come back and she would have a new quest, then you can meet Yen in Skellige and decide if you want to be with her or not and then come back to Triss to figure out if Geralt wants to be with her.

As much as it makes sense to wait until brothers in arms, if the player does the quest at the party with her before, then she is going to ask for help (triggering the now or never quest) and it doesn't seem right to leave her when she needs help and you could say the same for Dandelion (helping him before going to Skellige). At this point i don't really mind her not being at Kaer Morhen to begin with, it is what comes after all that (except the fountain scene) where the inconsistencies are too much to ignore - and the last third is the part that needs the most work for the Triss content.

The proofs are in cut scenes of Sword Of Destiny, why in anyway they removed them from the trailer?
That was a 'teaser' trailer...when did they plan on having a mega fiend that would take multiple witchers to hunt down?

The love scene in that with Triss was a test shot for the new 'generic' sex shot. They wouldn't have used Yen for that cause they were waiting to SPRING her on us and they wouldn't use a prostitute as that would confuse the hell out of the fans. Triss was the only option for the test...at least that's my opinion. Everyone one has one just like something else...

That was a 'teaser' trailer...when did they plan on having a mega fiend that would take multiple witchers to hunt down?

The love scene in that with Triss was a test shot for the new 'generic' sex shot. They wouldn't have used Yen for that cause they were waiting to SPRING her on us and they wouldn't use a prostitute as that would confuse the hell out of the fans. Triss was the only option for the test...at least that's my opinion. Everyone one has one just like something else...

I still believe they've cut scenes from the game

Last edited:
Firstly The Witcher saga starts at The Sword of Destiny, secondly Yenn meets Geralt again because Ciri escaped to meet him (when he doesn't really want to meet her). The books are about Child of the destiny and Ithlinne's Prophecy not about Yennefer/Geralt relationship. There's only few scenes with them both and rest of it they're doing on their own. Yennefer is just character like any other - i.e. Essi Daven.

Btw. IMO the english translation of the books were made quite poorly.

The first book in the Witcher series is The Last Wish and the first book of the saga is Blood of Elves
Essi Daven is a minor character in Sword of Destiny.Yennefer is a main character and a main love interest in all 7 books.

Firstly The Witcher saga starts at The Sword of Destiny, secondly Yenn meets Geralt again because Ciri escaped to meet him (when he doesn't really want to meet her). The books are about Child of the destiny and Ithlinne's Prophecy not about Yennefer/Geralt relationship. There's only few scenes with them both and rest of it they're doing on their own. Yennefer is just character like any other - i.e. Essi Daven.

Btw. IMO the english translation of the books were made quite poorly.

:D The saga is starting the with The Last Wish book (short stories).

Relationship of Geralt with Yen is ONE of the main theme through the whole Witcher Saga - I've never said the books are only about this - they aren't. Yennefer is a main character as Geralt and Ciri - saying her importance inthe book is like Essi Daven...I have a hard time to believe you actually read all seven books Rivelon.

This thread has really slowed down since we made the lists and Devs said they will make a decision - just waiting for the decision is killing me lol

:look:

I was wondering, should we make a concise list, by act, of the continuity issues? That would probably be huge...a lot if IF Triss THEN this shouldn't be but IF YEN...kinds of things...

To use a line from the movie Dune, "Gettt outt of my mind..."

What zask says here is something I think we ALL have to see...we have interviews from mid to late 2013 where CDPR says the romance line is fixed(no I will not cite this again, done it many times already)! We had a dev post somewhere that, paraphrased of course; "there isn't any left over Triss VOs to add, the story you got is the one they envisioned and the one they implemented."

Part of my argument for adding more Triss(or ANY of the other characters) hinged on the timing of the expansion development. If it was planned EARLY and the VOs for them were done at the same time as the main story, then we the fans are hosed unless CDPR decides to put some major effort as well as redirecting costly resource back onto TW3.

IF, however, the VAs still have to come in for at least the second expansion(I honestly think the first one is pretty much done) then adding more dialog to the main story shouldn't be an issue...at least not for anyone that's involved in the second expansion(hope its an all hands on deck kinda thing).

I KNOW what zask is saying isn't popular with the masses of FANATIC Triss fans...but facts really do point to what he puts forward as being true.

The positive spin off this is, IF what zask is saying is even mostly true(and I am in zask's camp on this), someone in the UPPER levels of CDPR with MAJOR decision making power...is a Triss fan too :) That person might have enough influence to press the issue...with money now coming in and enough time(nearly HALF again as much as they had for ALL the dev cycle)...they might want to 'fix' this issue! I hope that is the case.

I got no problem with what he said, it was very constructive and made sense. I remeber CDPR saying that the game was about Geralt finding his lost love Yen but that Triss was still in the picture - in other words this was the intended way but there was another possible choice (at this point i can only guess whether they intended this for Triss or not). The expansion have been in development for a while but i know they are still being worked on now by the core team, whether they had the VO's already well i can't say for certainty.

What we also know is that the developers at CDPR have their own opinions to whether they prefer Yen or Triss, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if someone from the higher management was influencing the development of more Triss content. CDPR may be working on something now or maybe they are biding their time trying to wait for all the 'Triss hype' to die down in which case like you said we are 'hosed'.

The first book in the Witcher series is The Last Wish and the first book of the saga is Blood of Elves
Essi Daven is a minor character in Sword of Destiny.Yennefer is a main character and a main love interest in all 7 books.

ouch yeah my foult about sword of destiny. I just looked at my book shelf and miscounted the books xD But i can't agree with that Yenn is main love interest in saga. As I said there's only few scenes having Geralt and Yennefer both and the main reason for that was Yennefer ignorance.

Last edited:
I got no problem with what he said, it was very constructive and made sense. I remeber CDPR saying that the game was about Geralt finding his lost love Yen but that Triss was still in the picture - in other words this was the intended way but there was another possible choice (at this point i can only guess whether they intended this for Triss or not). The expansion have been in development for a while but i know they are still being worked on now by the core team, whether they had the VO's already well i can't say for certainty.

What we also know is that the developers at CDPR have their own opinions to whether they prefer Yen or Triss, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if someone from the higher management was influencing the development of more Triss content. CDPR may be working on something now or maybe they are biding their time trying to wait for all the 'Triss hype' to die down in which case like you said we are 'hosed'.

If we are Marian Hossed, then we are good for a stanley cup

ouch yeah my foult about sword of destiny. I just looked and my book shelf and miscounted the books xD But i can't agree with that Yenn is main love interest in saga. As I said there's only few scenes having Geralt and Yennefer both and the main reason for that was Yennefer ignorance.

What!?Who's the main love interest then?Geralt has more scenes with Yen,than with any other female character.

Last edited:

Problem with that, is it gives the impression to the player that Triss is still a valid romance option and it would be continuing from the previous games. A lot of Triss fans from what i saw were worried that bringing Yen back would mean that Triss is no longer an option and that scene sort of gave them hope knowing that they could purchase this game with some level of confidence in regards to the romance options.......needless to say what we got in the end.....well i think it has already been stated too many times lol.

What!?Hho's the main love interest then?Geralt has more scenes with Yen,than with any other female character.

There's no such thing like "main love interest". You could say that Geralt is Yenn's main "love interest" but... Istredd is also Yenn's main "love interest" and Crach an Crait is also Yenn's main "love interest".

It makes perfect sense to do Triss' quests before Skellige IF you are romancing Yen. The problem is that if you decide to romance Triss we start to see these inconsistencies. Waiting until after Ugly Baby makes up for her not being at Kaer Morhen BUT it makes the Light house scene redundant. If you ask Triss to help with Ciri (she says she will) why do you ask her to Kaer Morhen again? So really waiting until Brothers in Arms makes little sense in another way...

I agree with this!

My first go through I chose Yen and did every quest by level...lower first and cleared the boards. So I did NoN well before Skelliga. It was a perfect storyline! Worked seamlessly. I don't agree with the romance faucet being turned off in Act 3 but...that was a design decision. Yen was even colder in Act 3 than she was at the beginning of the story. I know the tent speech but...it really made me wonder why Geralt would be taking this. I know if my wife acted like that...wait, the first one DID! And thats why there is a SECOND one! Maybe Geralt has more restraint/resolve...and he's henpecked! Just sayin...

My second trip through I went Triss and all I did was stop in Novigrad, Pyers scene and then I went on the Skelliga...only came back to Novigrad when the Brothers in Arms quest opened up. That trip through was...awkward...to say the least. It felt wonky to me...not quite right in many ways. AND you still get the 'lost' feeling in Act 3...I kept asking, "where the hell is Triss?"

Anyway, too many words...but I do agree the order of the quests and the dependance on other quests should be looked into.

There's no such thing like "main love interest". You could say that Geralt is Yenn's main "love interest" but... Istredd is also Yenn's main "love interest" and Crach an Crait is also Yenn's main "love interest".

Yen and Crach were fuck-buddies,nothing more.Istredd appeared once,got dumped by Yen and was never mentioned again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom